What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

9 plants in a 3x3

Cork144

thinking of running 9 dinachem fems in a 3x3 with a 600w, been out of touch with it all for a while and need to clear the mental cobwebs, 6.5litre pots, biobizz allmix,

would you all rather let them do their thing and keep single main colas,

or top them all twice so they each grow four main colas,

ive looked up a few peoples runs of this strain and it seems to do fairly long colas so wondering if having four colas per plant might do me a better harvest than say having nine colas and a load of fluffier buds

any advice would be welcome,

Easy7

Veteran
Depends

If running a high risk of high humidity, smaller buds = less rot/mold

Running more plants, topping can bush out a lot. Take space into consideration

Are plant counts a legal issue? If so think about less pants veg'd longer and topped. Only really good about more plants is less veg time and more harvest a year. Less veg is cheaper as 18 hours is more costly than 12. More harvest a year is a given.

Cork144

good points, humidity hasnt ever been an issue for me, so touch wood im not looking to worry too much on that end, suppose really i should go for untopped, see the phenos that produce the best donkey dicks and see about running that topped up,

i am trying to keep veg times down with the 9, what sort of veg time would you recommend for that space and numbers from seed, last time i did a seedling was 2009, since then ive only run clones

Easy7

Veteran
Are you going to veg with a 600 mh? That will speed things up and keep stretch down. So it depends a lot on how much things stretch, to where the garden is filled up.

It would be faster with clones as the clones are more mature. Otherwise I'd wait for a certain node and see how thing are looking from there. Could be 3 or 4 weeks from popping the beans. Could be less, I've only sog'd in hydro and they blew up out of the chamber.

RockinRobot

SCROG may be better than SOG for seed runs. Seed run plants will be harder to have an even canopy in SOG because they grow at different rates, even plants of the same strain.

Cork144

Easy7, using a 250w cfl forveg while theyre in 1.5litre pots then going to veg with the hps once theyre over any transplant shock

rockin your right but my space wont let me reach the back of the canopy very well, i did intend to go for a scrog but imagining a screen full of buds trying to tend to the back and back corners just seemed impossible for me, i intend to try and raise pots if possible to achieve as close to a uniform canopy as possible