What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
yo brew, have you ever grown OG's in promix hp? the wet dry cycles are driving me nuts cause I gotta water so much to get run off and the pots got wet feet for a good amount of days. Im going back to coco after this one, but gotta chug it out for now.

I do not like Promix. Way too soggy for my liking. When I use Soil I like Sunshine #4. Very fast draining. Had a guy tell me perlite was BS. So i did a side by side. Perlite plant took off way faster.

Sunshine is fast draining but holds a good bit of water too.

mushroombrew

Veteran
mushroombrew, really enjoyed all the great info you laid out. before you disappear, would you please go through your feed regimen. i got that you saw big increases with alot of cal mag, but could you be specific, so that even i can understand your regimen. if you could break it into- veg, flower and week it would be helpful. also what was the difference in the well water. do you lower co2 at the end? thanks again, choogle.

Basically I increase secondaries Ca, Mg and S. And keep primaries a bit lower than "Normal". OG don't need much N at all.

My well is 200ppm of Ca, Mg and S. So I got a head start right out the well.

I was running perpetual rooms so CO2 stays the same. 700-800 PPM at 86F RH 50-65.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Anyone know whats up with Mush? Haven't seen him in a bit...

Sorry about that had to keep my head down recently. Becoming the worlds biggest CBD producer is taking up most all my time!!

I am totally shut down. Just moms right now. Will likely move to Nevada in a month or so. Then I will start a seed breeding facility and
a CBD processing "Lab"

THC flower is crashing so fast. First Depo in CA has pushed prices down. $1300 per unit for the very finest flowers.

So I jumped out of THC 2 months ago.

I am working on a 7000 Hectare Hemp grow project in Europe too. Yeah thats a lot of Hemp gents!!

I am getting closer to kicking Big Pharma squarely in the nuts!

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
^Thats awesome to hear man, I remember talking with you about your plan to get big into CBD around this time last year.

I landed a very nice position. I am brokering Crystalline CBD 99.9%. Its hemp derived and very legal. Min orders are 100kg!! So I am playing with some big dogs!

850 products already on the US market. In case you guys havent heard... CBD is the very latest supplement craze! Its going to be huge.

How has the CBD brokering deal been going?

I am working on a 7000 Hectare Hemp grow project in Europe too. Yeah thats a lot of Hemp gents!!

I am getting closer to kicking Big Pharma squarely in the nuts!

7000 hectares will be the first nut kick of many to come at the rate your going now.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Been going good. Couple big deals in play this week.

Hemp is being bought at a crazy rate. CBD isolate too.

Hemp has doubled in value in the last 45 days.

The CBD industry is unregulated. Cut throat Wild west type trading. No shortage of bullshit buyers and bullshit suppliers.

I spend most of my time vetting people to see if they are real or not. The blacklist grows daily.

Robney

Been going good. Couple big deals in play this week.

Hemp is being bought at a crazy rate. CBD isolate too.

Hemp has doubled in value in the last 45 days.

The CBD industry is unregulated. Cut throat Wild west type trading. No shortage of bullshit buyers and bullshit suppliers.

I spend most of my time vetting people to see if they are real or not. The blacklist grows daily.

Way to stay ahead of the game Mushroom! Thanks for sharing so much with us! Don't forget to keep us posted when you release those aeropots you were talking about, or anything else your master hand produces!

chase1

I dunno if it’s just me but I brought a 250mg cbd for back pain An it did not seem to do anything so I then brought the stronger 1000mg An that dint seem to help eiver any suggestions brew

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I dunno if it’s just me but I brought a 250mg cbd for back pain An it did not seem to do anything so I then brought the stronger 1000mg An that dint seem to help eiver any suggestions brew

Mushroombrew knows more then I, but i hope this helps in the meantime until he can answer us both. I suffer from broken spine issues and have been searching and piecing together information for pain management, cbd alone does not work for pain in my experience either.

Information On Pain Management Strains:

THC(22+%)+very low cbd(1.25%>) + very low CBN(0.9%>) + MASSIVE amounts of b-pinene and b-caryophyllene in indica dominant hybrid varieties my go to is a cross between ghost train haze and a pink kush.

Topicals and medicated bath salts and bath bombs have worked wonders.

as for edibles, might I suggest a Raw infusing with your activated cannabinoids?
THCa is a wonderful sleep aid, mostly in the aid to get to sleep and ease of getting back to sleep once disturbed. I've found that a ratio of 4 (active) : 1 (raw) to be a good point for someone with a large tolerance to start at.

this way you can atleast double down on the caryophyllene content that would be required to bind CB2 to give you any sort of relief

I really appreciate the detailed responses, thanks maple flail. Its nice there are so many cannabinoid and terpene analysis results floating around now, helps alot in selecting strains/ordering seeds for a specific purpose. Brain chemistry and the entourage effect have a habit of making things interesting though, how what works for one person might not work for another.

Have not tried topicals yet, i have a little a friend gave me awhile ago, The thought of putting something on my skin for an issue with spine always seemed...strange to say the least lol. Ill give it a try though now, thanks. Medicated bath salts that is a good idea, many people ive spoken with mention how relieving Epsom Salt can be in a soak. Never tried Raw/THCa infusions, this is the first ive heard of it and its sleep aid effects, again thanks. Afghan/kush strains are my favorite smell/taste/growth/effect, good to know caryophyllene will be important in my venture, again thanks haha.

Forgot to mention, great use of CBD dominant varieties.

Smoke a 2(thc):3(cbd) {cbd godbud is the variety} and uses a ratio of 1(THCa) : 1(CBDa) : 3.5 (THC) : 4 (CBD) nightly oil dose. Hitting around 300mg of known cannabinoids per nightly dose.

and again this varity's pheno that is used is very dominant in
B-caryophyllene, also has a noticeable nose of Terpinolene
(that signature Jack Herer kinda smell with godbud undertones)

I have not experimented with smoking any of the more modern thc:cbd ratio medical strains yet so that is a another area to start exploring, been taking pure cbd infused honey by mouth (Sublingual Uptake). Though like i mentioned earlier taking the cbd isolated by itself just gives me a subtle spaciness in my mind it seems, which is understandable with the way entourage effect works. Afghan is considered to have relatively high amounts or Terpinolene as well so i seem to be headed down the right path for pain relief.

As far as the bath salts are concerned, that is something you can make yourself. I think ISO or ETOH would be idea for that. once you've got your activated extract you "infuse" your solvent of choice with the salt, it will need agitation and likely heat (i've only done it with a small amount of heat, think hot tap water so 50*c maybe? ) as salt and alcohol don't mix easy. (atleast in the amounts you will be using ) then in goes your activated extract and then reduce it down, once all the liquid is evaporated you will be left with the salt that is now infused. can't really go wrong with aromatics here. Lavender and citrus seem to be the most effective.

mushroombrew has bad back issues too and said recently march 28th 2018 @3:48pm Going back to the afghan/kush varieties being high in caryophyllene and Terpinolene for pain management:

Yes its a great anti immflamatory. I find OG are the most effective for pain. Fire OG is cerebral enough to keep you going. I keep it around always. My thin mint too. Really helps.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Way to stay ahead of the game Mushroom! Thanks for sharing so much with us! Don't forget to keep us posted when you release those aeropots you were talking about, or anything else your master hand produces!

Yes the freerooters are in play. Just been designing the additional components. I am really happy with the project. Although those CAD hours are expensive AF.

I have the opportunity to get into European Cannabis production. So I am keeping the freerooters under wraps for now. You simply cannot produce cheaper flower. No media. And forget DWC too many costs and components. This is too simple. That's why I love it.

So either I sell it to the masses. Or I keep it for myself and crush any competitor. Not sure just yet. Regardless I am 2-3 months from completion.

mushroombrew

Veteran

That's a tough one. Here is the problem. The CBD industry is totally unregulated. I find many products to be under dosed. And certainly overpriced. A gram of CBD cost about $2.50 to produce. So I cant buy it for 50!!

In my experience isolates are not the best for pain anyway.

They are very effective at treating inflammation. Pain is a whole other story.

Full spectrum CBD works better. Add a little THC in there and things improve. You need that mental effect too. The "I do not care I am in pain" aspect of analgesics. Many people are used to the intoxication. They expect to "feel" it. Oxy, morphine etc treat the body and the mind.

So CBD and THC and Terpenes is the ticket. What ratios? Thats a personal thing.

I buy full spec CBD. Isolate with terps added.

I get "Stoned" on THC for a bit. Then as the buzz wears off I dab CBD.

That's how I crush my pain.

I use Kratom too. That is my staple analgesic. THC to help me forget I am in pain. And CBD for inflammation.

If I stop taking any of those 3 I start getting a burning sensation. It is totally unbearable and forces me to lay the F down.

THC, CBD and Kratom. Legal? Illegal? I just do not care.

I do not take pharmaceuticals. They poison you. Cause cancer. And radically change your moods/personality.

I am the ANTI Pharma Christ. Don't get me started...lol.

Robney

Hey mushroombrew! Hope all is going well! Always appreciated you insight into the biz and your work on these free-rooters! Any further progress in terms of a release, or are you just going to keep them for your own production? Also, how goes the CBD game? Is it playing out like you hoped? Take care man!