What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rosin into RSO

I want to do another round of rso this winter and I'm thinking why not use a less desirable 30-60g slab of rosin?

I have some ideas but I'm curious how you would do it.

Basically... melt rosin onto pyrex. Decarb @220F for 45mins in oven. Temps are a little wonky...might see whats up with a laser temp reader.

Tilt pyrex and suck up puddle with oral syringes which when cooled fit nice and snug 1g per 00 capsule.

Thoughts?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you are basically saying you plan on decarbing rosin for oral use?
good idea imo
i wouldn't call it rosin to rso, it's just activated rosin - edible rosin

with rosin it should be easy to watch the tiny bubbles bubble out and show decarb to be complete,
so if you pull it out after 45 minutes and still have loads of lil bubbles, keep goin' because decarb is still incomplete

B4URTIME

When I do this, I decarb the rosin at 260f for 30 to 45 minutes max usually by then its fully decarbed.

After the rosin is decarbed, I add 50% coconut oil and dissolve together at 160f usually don't take long then I suck it up into the syringe and fill the capsules.

coco oil for synergistic effects? Digestion? Easier to get it all off the plate? I could see all of the above...thats interesting!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I use coconut oil as well. Mix bho/rosin with cocnut oil and de-carb in a toaster oven for 30 mins. You can use MCT oil as well (acitive ingredient in coconut oil) . If you do use MCT be careful. I guess if you cross the threshold it's opens up the bowels(think explosions into the toliet, if your lucky enough to make it to a toliet). They make all different size empty caps as well. Larger ones for those with experience and smaller ones for newbie's/low tolerance.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to do another round of rso this winter and I'm thinking why not use a less desirable 30-60g slab of rosin?

I have some ideas but I'm curious how you would do it.

Basically... melt rosin onto pyrex. Decarb @220F for 45mins in oven. Temps are a little wonky...might see whats up with a laser temp reader.

Tilt pyrex and suck up puddle with oral syringes which when cooled fit nice and snug 1g per 00 capsule.

Thoughts?

Decarb it at a very steady temp where you can see it, and watch the bubbles to determine the exact end point.

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

PDX Dopesmoker

I'm here to agree with SkyHighLer, GW's visual decarbing technique is my favorite for accuracy when doing oil, especially if you're using something like rosin which may or may not already be partially decarboxylated. Its not too hard to watch and see when the bubbling peaks. After you do it this twice you'll have a pretty well trained eye and can pull your oil out of the toaster oven within half a minute or so of peak potency pretty easily.
Important factors in visual decarbing are having a clean oven window so you can see pretty good and a strong flashlight for the same reason.
I took this photo last night of a batch decarbing at 275ºF a couple minutes before peak bubbling
ly4EQn3.jpg

The RSO zeitgeist is the "whole plant" "full spectrum" "entourage effect" kinda thing. Not sure if rosin is too pure to fit into that category, I think you might need to add some green stuff to make it properly qualify. If rosin doesn't quite make the cut for RSO then it is at least a close cousin though.

Last edited:
Thanks ya'll, really looking forward to this, did some tests adding decarb'd rosin to capsules w coco oil before I could get my hands on some syringes. Mixed the two and will fill some caps later.

GDZG6nu.jpg

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All very interesting thanks for sharing guys. I've been helping treat a cancer patient with RSO and am just getting set up to switch to rosin. Anyone have any comments on rosin for cancer treatment? Such as dosage etc. Thanks..DD

Latest posts

Latest posts