What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My First Shot at Organic Growing

R

!RA!

Update

Update

Lots of work done this weekend. Set up the trellis over the Sour Sage that were flipped on 7/3. They're really starting to stretch, trellising is pretty much a necessity with these ladies. Noticed the seedlings were getting a little Nitrogen deficiency so moved all of them into their new 1 Gal. veg containers. The veg containers are fairly simple, 1 TBSP of TLO High N Layering Blend on the bottom:

http://tlosoils.com/products/tlo-organic-fertilizer-spike-mixes/high-n-layering-blend

A 2" layer of 2.1 Master Mix:

http://tlosoils.com/products/tlo-organic-soil-mixes/2-1-master-soil-mix

2 TSP of Mykos Mychorrhizzal root enhancher on the soil where the root mass touches:

http://www.xtreme-gardening.com/#!mykos/cm4f

Enough 2.1 Master Mix to fill the rest of the container, and a final 1 TBSP layer of High N Layer Blend on top. After that some Orchid Bark mulch, then a bit of RO water.

Here they are, will post back up in a week with their progress. The vegging girls and the Sour Sage will all start getting their respective teas next week.

picture.php

picture.php

R

!RA!

Still need to get that ballast off the floor, but too tired to do it right now. On my short list though.

good on you for going organic. They a little stretchy though. Want that light much closer in the beginning though. Good luck for the finish!

R

!RA!

In case anyone's wondering

In case anyone's wondering

Those green "flood tables" are actually lids from plastic Christmas tree storage totes. They work really well and at $30 each you can't beat the price. Call it my MacGyver moment....

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Those green "flood tables" are actually lids from plastic Christmas tree storage totes. They work really well and at $30 each you can't beat the price. Call it my MacGyver moment....

I use the lid on the bin itself as a flood table and also to raise up vegging plants to get them closer to the T8 light.

R

!RA!

Update 7/20

Update 7/20

So all have received their first shots of tea and are doing pretty well. Some of the vegging girls were showing some deficiencies before transplanting, but new growth seems much healthier. Moved the light a bit closer too. They seem to be growing well and getting taller. The Ghost Train Haze and Star Killer are reg., not sure how to tell the sex, or if I can yet. I'll poke around the forums and look for info.

The Sour Sage responded really fast to the tea and I'm already weaving them at the start of week 3. Showing some nice flowers and I think I'm going to have to weigh down the trellis again since they're really getting their stretch on. Here are the two teas I'm using:

Veg Tea: http://tlosoils.com/products/tlo-organic-microbial-compost-teas/high-powered-veg-tea

Flowering Tea (recommended for Sativas): http://tlosoils.com/products/tlo-organic-microbial-compost-teas/flowering-tea

And last but not least, here are the ladies:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Looking good. How far was the light above the canopy? They look like they were stretching for it in the first picture.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
About 2 and a half feet.

Is that a regular Metal Halide light or are you running an HPS and you photoshopped the spectrum? DE fixture or traditional screw in type? That sounds like it's too far above the canopy unless you are rocking a fancy DE bulb or something.

R

!RA!

Updates, lady parts & more

Updates, lady parts & more

The Sour S.A.G.E. are now at the end of week 4 and are showing their lady parts and stretching like crazy. Keeping the temp in the room between 70-74 degrees, they seem to prefer things on the cooler side. Have them fairly close to the light, between 8-12" depending on which bud you look at.

The vegging girls (Ghost Train Haze, Star Killer & Girl Scout Cookies) are coming along pretty well, may take some cuts from them soon. Still not sure on how to sex them, there seem to be a lot of methods and opinions, so if anyone has any advice feel free to chime in.

Still haven't gotten rid of the fungus gnats, but I ordered something called Microbe Lift BMC. I was hesitant to use anything chemical-based, and this stuff is basically a a type of bacteria (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis) that eats gnat and mosquito larvae that are living in the soil. After seeing a video from a well known grower, Dude Grows, I thought I'd give it a shot. Here's a link: Microbe Lift BMC Anyone ever use this stuff? I'm curious what you think of it if you have.

I also finally got around to getting the ballast up off the floor and mounted it on the wall. Sleeping better now after doing that.

Anyway, without further adieu, here they are again:

Sour S.A.G.E.
picture.php

Ghost Train Haze, Star Killer & GSC
picture.php

Ballast
picture.php

Granger2

Veteran
I would think that at least some of your veg plants are showing preflowers. Fine tooth comb them. You might get them all sexed. To save time, start going up the main stem. Good luck. -granger

R

!RA!

Updates and Sexing Question

Updates and Sexing Question

The Sour S.A.G.E. are doing great at the end of week 6, only 6 more weeks to go. Had some edibles made from my last batch of SS (key lime cookies to be exact) last week that were grown with Lucas Formula and wow, it was extremely potent. Was buzzed for a good 6 hours. Not sure how much THC is in each cookie, but I only had a small one and have a bunch left that are in the freeza now. Here are the current organical SS ladies:

picture.php

The GSC, Ghost Train and Star Killer all look ready to flip,but I only know the GSC were from feminized seeds, so I feel pretty confident about their gender. Could use some help on the others though since they were regular. Here's the GSC:

picture.php

Here are 2 pics of the Star Killer:

picture.php

picture.php

They look female to me, but any help is appreciated before I flip them. Thanks. -!RA!

R

!RA!

Some Updates

Some Updates

Hey, been a while since I updated, so thought I would post up again. The Sour S.A.G.E. are at the end of week 9 starting to really frost up. Gave them some TLO finishing tea last week and they'll just be drinking RO water the rest of the way. The smell is amazing, like I remember from that last crop, but much more intense. Gotta grab a bit and get it under the 420 Scope. Wish I had a better camera, but I think you can see some of the trichs.

Sorry for taking so long. But between the diabetes, glaucoma and depression it's been a battle. Here are a few pics. Hope you like them.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

that looks really nice! I'm really hoping for the GTH#1 to be a female. I have a feminized seed waiting in my fridge. Kinda afraid to grow it because of the stretch, I don't have much height.

R

!RA!

that looks really nice! I'm really hoping for the GTH#1 to be a female. I have a feminized seed waiting in my fridge. Kinda afraid to grow it because of the stretch, I don't have much height.

I hear you on that Business, these are pretty stretchy from what I'm seeing so far. Good luck with that seed. :biggrin:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
nothing fights my depression better than growing herb. just makes me happy to see those plants. hope you've got a big grin on every time you open that tent.

R

!RA!

nothing fights my depression better than growing herb. just makes me happy to see those plants. hope you've got a big grin on every time you open that tent.

Absolutely heady, growing gives me some zen time. The only thing better is when it's time for that first puff.