What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Soma's NYC Diesel

R

recent guest

Yeh she's grapefruit cologne, tropical pimp formula!

Ha, for real banana man, far fucking out. I just opened my jar of early samples and I could totally see that being a cologne. A majorly expensive cologne :biggrin:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
looking good man if I may ask why your waiting so long to chop are the trichs not where want them ...all in all though very nice plant mate :tiphat:

R

recent guest

looking good man if I may ask why your waiting so long to chop are the trichs not where want them ...all in all though very nice plant mate :tiphat:

Yesterday I spotted the very first amber trichome. Im kicking myself for doing it, but I lost the book I had by soma in which he described his exact regimen with this strain. Im fairly certain that this is a longer flowering strain. Some cursory research led me to pin the date at around 90-100 days, and the trichomes back that up. Im waiting, but Im hoping that I can make this crop last until my next harvest in may. but yarrr, tis' a mighty haul.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Yesterday I spotted the very first amber trichome. Im kicking myself for doing it, but I lost the book I had by soma in which he described his exact regimen with this strain. Im fairly certain that this is a longer flowering strain. Some cursory research led me to pin the date at around 90-100 days, and the trichomes back that up. Im waiting, but Im hoping that I can make this crop last until my next harvest in may. but yarrr, tis' a mighty haul.

yea your gonna get a nice pull of that lady,, have you ran her before?

R

recent guest

yea your gonna get a nice pull of that lady,, have you ran her before?

No, this will be the first time. I'll put a smoke report up as well.

picture.php

Buddle

Veteran
I was just looking at some of these beans today. I bought a pk @ 2005 and gifted them to someone else to germ. Supposedly no keepers were found. Looks like you sure found one.S he's a beauty. When were these beans purchased?

R

recent guest

I was just looking at some of these beans today. I bought a pk @ 2005 and gifted them to someone else to germ. Supposedly no keepers were found. Looks like you sure found one.S he's a beauty. When were these beans purchased?

I got these in my very first seed order, as pick-n-mix, three of them, in November-December 2012. One keeper from the three, also found the grapefruit pheno.

If I were soma, i would have named this strain

SOMA CHASH
:laughing:
because I started pulling down branches today and I am about to burn up a gigantic ball of finger hash. WAY more resinous than the average girl.

Edit: truly amazing hash producer, I love the deep afghani flavor and blasting effect of this FH, Bear_Riot added a few minutes later, already very stoned.

Last edited:
R

recent guest

I took the 25 main tops off today. There was a small population of whiteflies living in the dense canopy, but they didn't have much of an effect this late in the game and on a plant of this vigor.

Im really loving the colors. Now there are many more golf-ball sized buds that are quite tender, having been shaded by the canopy. These are resinous but immature and I am going to give them some time to get sunlight.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

R

recent guest

Smoke Report

=================================================
IDENTIFICATION
Date: 2-3-14
Strain: New York City Diesel
Reviewer: Bear_Riot
Breeder: Soma
Grower: Bear_Riot
Picture:
picture.php

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION (vote 1-9)

1. Visual Appeal: 9

2. Visible Trichomes: 8

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report.

Clear [10 ] Cloudy [10 ] Amber [80 ] Dark [ ]

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown [ ] Green [3] Gold [1 ] Blue [7 ] Grey [ ] White [ ] Red [5 ] Rust [ 5] Orange [5 ] Purple [ 7] Black [ ]

5. Bud density: On the airy side

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.

Earthy [3] Meat [8] Petroleum [7] Grapefruit [3] Rotten [8] Hash [5] Citrus [3] Musk [8] Leather [1]

7. Aroma [7-8] Comments: Deep, dank, musty...it smells like a damp basement. I give it a 7 because when you smell it, you know that its some fire, but it certainly doesn't smell 'nice', if you know what i mean. The smell is pretty unique in the cannabis spectrum, from what I have experienced. Very recognizable. In the breeder's description, Ripe Red Grapefruit is mentioned. Members here have talked about the 'Grapefruit Pheno', and yes there is a pheno that is VERY grapefruit, but this fuely, meaty pheno has undertones of grapefruit after a short cure and a definite citrus taste on the exhale.

8. Seed content [0 btchezz ]

9. Weeks cured [~1]

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS: This is the best looking plant that I have harvested, really nice looking stuff. Awesome bag appeal, and you know it's going to be heavy hitting when you smell it. It has cured to a navy blue tone, with lots of purple and orange hairs. Some green can be spotted. This purpling was brought on as a result of temperature, which I find to be a positive thing, because in my experience genetically purple strains are often lacking in potency.

THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [ ]
Vaporizer (enter the brand name) [ ]
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [ ]
Joint (enter brand of papers) [RAW 100 Millimeter]
Other (specify):

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence.
Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Earthy [x] Meat [x] Petroleum [x] Grapefruit [x] Rotten [x] Chocolate [x] Hash [x] Citrus [x] Musk [x]

If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. Taste [6] I personally prefer fruitier strains, the taste of this is very musty. It is quite pleasant though, and Im sure some smokers would appreciate it very much.

4. State of dryness [6] Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. Smoke ability [9] Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth. - Very nice smoke, I can hold in a hit for longer than usual. I would use the words 'velvety' and 'thick'.

6. Smoke expansion [?] Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes. - I have NEVER understood what this means. I dont cough with this weed very much.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.

1. Dosage [3/4 of a 100mm Joint ~half gram, +/-]

2. Effect onset [Quick]

3. Sativa influence [70%]

4. Indica influence [30%]

5. Potency [8 out of 10]

6. Duration [2+ hours with a tolerance, 2 more hours of come down]

7. Tolerance build up [ ] Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly. - So far I've smoked a couple of joints and Im very high each time.

8. Usability [5] Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates a good time of day to smoke, 9 indicating a bad time of day

Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [3] Day - work [No] Evening - relax [9] Night - sleep [5] - I have trouble 'doing' on this weed. Short term memory is out the window. I find myself standing somewhere knowing that I was supposed to be doing something but forgetting entirely what that was. It has only mild couchlock, but a very disorienting mental effect that leaves me going "...ok so....what was I getting from the fridge?"

9. Overall satisfaction [7] Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail. - Keeper for sure

10.Ability and conditions [8] Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high.
Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.

MEDICAL SURVEY

Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the
appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your
entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should
not be construed as medical advice.
What effect did the strain have check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and
check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT

[P] [] Ability to rest or sit still
[] [] Anxiety relief
[P] [] Appetite
[P] [] Audio perception
[PPP] [] Humor perception (pretty giggly bud)
[P] [] Imagination/creativity
[] [N] Paranoia relief
[PPP] [] Sex drive (My first thought was 'this is lovemakin' weed')
[] [N] Sleep
[P] [] Pain relief
[] [N] Speech process
[P] [] Taste perception
[P] [] Thought process
[P] [] Visual perception

R

recent guest

If anyone is interested, final cured weight from this plant was 480 grams, approximated due to about half an ounce being consumed/gifted already, and 14.2 grams of really nice ice hash. That works out to 2/3 g per watt, but of course that isnt accurate because its a greenhouse too. As she cures, grapefruit odor comes out more and more. Now she smells like new tires and grapefruit peel. Very thick smoke and quite a high quality hash producer.

She has cured to a deep navy blue color, which contrasts with golden-orange resin glands. I think this plant is an AWESOME candidate to be crossed with Dutch Passion Blueberry. I can imagine the outcomes and they all seem great :)

Last edited: