What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Abja Roots flower pictures

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
GSC Day 56 (600W) Coco
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I pulled the smallest one out to get some better pics. These should come down in 10-14 days. I'm going to let them go longer this time, to see what the difference is.

Abja Roots

Veteran
Rez Pitbull OG X SD (600Watts) Coco

There's a bigger deeper in, but this was a small one that I threw in last minute. Looks good though and smells like it should. Sour/OG

picture.php

picture.php

Abja Roots

Veteran
SFV OG Day 56 (1KW Coco)
Took these in the dark. This is my first time ever running this cut and I definitely should have staked them up. Reminded me of the Headband we used to grow, where every single branch flops. It's basically on OG FUBAR. Should turn out fine though, and the nuggets look great imo.

picture.php

picture.php

Abja Roots

Veteran
It's def a sour world...

Has been for a while. The only knock I hear from my grower friends is the flowering time. You can't have it all though, and for me it's a staple in the garden. More of a pleasure to grow than OG. As floppy as the sour is, at least the side shoots have some strength. With the OG, everything goes everywhere. The yield is higher as well.

It's one of those profiles I love in terms of flavor. I forget who it was, but recently someone compared it to a "crack/speed" kind of high. Not in the literal sense, but in the sense that it kind of does leave you with with a weird tweaked out feeling. I guess I've just gotten used to it. It's very racy. Up and then down.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Wow all 3 of those look impeccable.

Oh guess who's officially AY.BEE.EF? Well, um, 24 hours of darkness first then I'll be official.

And not sure if you saw what I wrote at first but I decided to edit it. I'm sure we'll talk soon enough.

Abja Roots

Veteran
They are. I've got some in there with bigger nuggets, but this is only my second run with it. These plants were already too far along to be properly trained for preferred structure once I realized what I had to do. This plant needs to be topped/LST'd aggressively to yield properly. The stretch is almost 3x. These were under a 600, but I have some with nuggets that are bigger under the 600's. It definitely does not produce large nuggets. At least not that I've seen. Going to give it another run to see if I can make it yield respectably, without throwing 50+ on a tray like Lumpstatus. That would just require an absurd amount of cloning and plants.

This plant was definitely the runt of the bunch though. It got thrown in last minute to fill some space.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is that a normal trait for GSC. I have seen alot of pics none are much bigger then a golf ball..

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
It's a perfect example of how good things come in small packages. After hearing of her immense stretch and mediocre yield I STILL mono cropped a whole room, because it's just that good of a strain. Fortunately I trained them from the get go so I think I may push the limits on what people have been getting yield wise, hopefully. Although as I type this my thumb and pointer are callused over from pinching daily. LOTS AND LOTS of work, but hopefully it pays off.

Also it's a bit deceptive as those nuggets, albeit not large persay, are hard as rocks; and that's genes not hardening agents.

Truthfully for this being my first go at her, I'm a bit scared of the stretch. I'm currently at 16-18" on most and only have 4 ft from top of pots to glass. Guess I'm going to keep putting these calluses to work.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
that SFV might be floppy but just wait until you smell the fuely lemon rank on her...cant wait to see what you produce...and get those damn GSC under a 1kw already those nugs will double in size

NorCal

Veteran
Has been for a while. The only knock I hear from my grower friends is the flowering time. You can't have it all though, and for me it's a staple in the garden. More of a pleasure to grow than OG. As floppy as the sour is, at least the side shoots have some strength. With the OG, everything goes everywhere. The yield is higher as well.

It's one of those profiles I love in terms of flavor. I forget who it was, but recently someone compared it to a "crack/speed" kind of high. Not in the literal sense, but in the sense that it kind of does leave you with with a weird tweaked out feeling. I guess I've just gotten used to it. It's very racy. Up and then down.

Yeah buddy... the sour I run easily wants to go to 11 weeks and that def sucks big time. Cuts into over head like crazy but the east coasters love it. I searched for a hot min for this cut before I finally found it.. It's super loud and some people have even said it reminds them Of headband. I can confidently say it's one of the better representations of sour diesel I've come across. My friends who trim like it too becuase they say its the most resinous strain they've ever trimmed (for me) Meaning they get way more scissor hash and finger hash off it than any other strain I've ever ran. She Even goes magenta to purple on you if you flush early enough. There's some pix of it in the extraordinarily colorful buds thread.

That SFV looks retarded dude. Every time I run that or the platinum I always question Why in the world I would ever run anything else LOL. As for the floppiness, I always use trellis nets on all my tables because I figure if I don't they're gonna have to be staked which is a PITA. Only problem with a trellis is by the time I'm ready to harvest I've weaved them into the trellis so much they're a bitch to chop down.

It's crazy how much she fattens up if you let her go to ten weeks. 8 weeks is doable but those extra two make a huge difference, but I guess If your on a schedule you gotta do what you gotta do. :tiphat:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
It's crazy how much she fattens up if you let her go to ten weeks. 8 weeks is doable but those extra two make a huge difference, but I guess If your on a schedule you gotta do what you gotta do. :tiphat:

I couldn't agree more...8-10 is when they really get their swell on...thats how I get the fat calyx og imho.

hope all is good in the hood AR.

G

guest8905

A friend grew some outdoor Red Dragon, which is a Brazilian White sativa hybrid, and was selling it for 22 a pound and wanted to trade out 1 for 1 with some of the J1 bx4 and he's a sativa head like me. There's a distinct similarity in the terpene profile of both J1 bx4 and Red Dragon. There's a note in there that's pretty much identical. Good stuff!

thats UP's red dragon (rip) a great plant, i brought her up to the mountains and the rest is history, she found her way to the right sativa heads... MANY pounds were grown two years ago and last year..

actually gave that clone to a friend he made some red dragon x alien kush beans...im supposed to pick dem up next month.... :dance013:

sorry to get off topic but wanted to give UP his due credit on tthat red dragon.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Glad she got spread to those that appreciate her. & Thanks for the cred Stickky.

RIP
Indoor
RedDragon2.jpg

RedDragon1.jpg

Outs
DSC09381-1.jpg

DSC09063.jpg

Damn I miss growing outdoors.

G

guest8905

oh i forgot to add on that last post of mine, my brethren found a single clone in his yard, it was under some trash and wood and he just glanced and noticed it...well it looked like it was dead and belonged in the trash pile ( trust me i saw it and was like uhh that looks like trash lol) but he nursed it back to health from near death and supposedly its up and giong, he said i could have cuts when ready, so yeah if it is her, and well know that by the fall...then that means shes still around. now I just hope no genetic drift from being an almost dead clone

L

LumpStatus

Nice shots abja! You take those gsc girls down yet? You were at day 56 around the 15th so i imagine they are about done by now... Got any more shots to share?

Abja Roots

Veteran
Not yet. They'll be coming down this week. Was out of town for a few days, so gave them some more time to mature. I think they're at day 64 or so today. Tomorrow is more than likely the start of the day. Just got back from Sierra Nevada WMF, so I'm taking it easy today. :)