What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth Juice - Anything you want to bring up!!!

Okay, the purpose of this thread is All Things Earth Juice! ANYTHING you want to discuss about EJ, lets bring it up here! EJ is an amazing nutrient and we need to have an open forum to discuss all the different ways these products can be used. Many people are flooding other peoples threads with EJ questions they don't want in there. So I am not going to start this thread with all the information that can be found in other EJ threads, I just hope we can have EJ users stop in and talk about how they're benefiting from the products and help answer each others questions.

I am personally just getting done with my EJ run of Blueberry. I had some environmental issues, but the bud has the most amazing aroma so far. I am cutting it down this week...I am sure it will taste just as amazing. I have grown this strain before and it always has a great smell, but this time it is much stronger. Thank you EJ!

So onward to all things Earth Juice!

I was trying to create a thread with the emphasis of "anything" you want to bring up, you can....It seems like people have been getting their posts deleted from other EJ threads. I am hoping to have a thread where you can bring up anything you want without getting your post deleted...If this isn't cool, then I am sure no one will post here....

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I used to use EJ products before I came to the conclusion it was like buying crack. That was about 10 years ago. Once in a while over these past years I'd pick up some ph up/down,that's about it.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Just curious, can you elaborate a little more?
Well what I first noticed was that I kept needing MORE. They seem watered down,expensive,and the plants sucked that shit up just like the picture on the bottle. I got so many more miles out of Gauno's,kelp,and fish than anything they offered. I liked the products smell,but it just seemed way to set up to keep you coming back to buy MORE. The results I got from mixing my own amendments was far better,and it keeps getting better the more I learn from the living soil system. Hang around and read some of the stuff in this forum(if you can stand a few smart asses),do your own research,and most of all experiment.......PEACE

mad librettist

Veteran
I was trying to create a thread with the emphasis of "anything" you want to bring up, you can....It seems like people have been getting their posts deleted from other EJ threads. I am hoping to have a thread where you can bring up anything you want without getting your post deleted...If this isn't cool, then I am sure no one will post here....

shit bro, that's lame.

hope i didn't offend.

supermanlives

Veteran
i love ej. i only use the bloom and meta k. been many years now. i use chems for veg and ej for bloom. i love the fact bloom has no nitrogen and meta k only k. its great for fine tuning you flower fert ratios. hard to do otherwise. ej has blown the competition away in my grows. i am too lazy to run around trying to find fancy guanos and making my own teas.

xcrispi

Anybody used the Rainbow Mixes ?
I plan on tryin to pre nute a soiless grow using them and run drippers .
Any feedback from ppl. w/ experience ?
Crispi

i love ej. i only use the bloom and meta k. been many years now. i use chems for veg and ej for bloom. i love the fact bloom has no nitrogen and meta k only k. its great for fine tuning you flower fert ratios. hard to do otherwise. ej has blown the competition away in my grows. i am too lazy to run around trying to find fancy guanos and making my own teas.

Awesome, I have heard that before!!

Anybody used the Rainbow Mixes ?
I plan on tryin to pre nute a soiless grow using them and run drippers .
Any feedback from ppl. w/ experience ?
Crispi

I am looking into the Rainbow mixes as well. They look great for mothers and outdoor. Have you seen Troph Blumats? They look interesting!!

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I use the Rainbow mixes and its the only things i'd recommened from them and my opinions go in the same directions as Capt. Cheeze. Plus i rather make my own liquid nutes.

The rainbow mixes are good for certain things i think if you use them you should start recycling soil. Rainbow mix is basically rock dusts,bone meal and guano's with some myco's so its a long term thing. I like using Epsoma Starter plus more for certain things.

It's good stuff if you dont want to buy rock dusts or guanos, its cheaper and is mixed. It does seem like its primarily guano though. So you want to start "activating" this stuff ahead of time for use. Gotta cook the soil!

xcrispi

Quote: - Fraggle
I am looking into the Rainbow mixes as well. They look great for mothers and outdoor. Have you seen Troph Blumats? They look interesting!!

Hey Fraggle
Seen a cpl cool youtube videos of the blumats in action , there is a cpl grows on here using them too , couldn't point you towards whose though ATM :smoky:

I already have all the makings for a drip system and know better than to even tryn run nutes through drippers - so I was exploring the idea of pre nuteing the soilless mix with Rainbow Grow mix in advance for veg , and top dress w/ the Rainbow Bloom mix w/ a lil Meta K added a cpl times during bloom , maybe a cpl shots of Primal Harvest 0-12-1 Guano .

And yes - the slow n easy nute release would probably be ideal for keeping moms etc... props 4 the idea there man .
Crispi

NUG-JUG

Well what I first noticed was that I kept needing MORE. They seem watered down,expensive,and the plants sucked that shit up just like the picture on the bottle. I got so many more miles out of Gauno's,kelp,and fish than anything they offered. I liked the products smell,but it just seemed way to set up to keep you coming back to buy MORE.

Well that's got me convinced. Since I'm a new grower I always have inklings that maybe they're not reaching potential with just teas and amendments. I get great results with my mix and it's not hard.

Catalyst is just molasses with a few extras sprinkled in. You can make hundreds of teas with a bottle of fish\kelp, some castings and some blackstrap. I'm not here to hate on Earth Juice since it is good stuff just not needed imo.

I know EJ is not the live all end all nutrient. I did think it was a practical buy though, much cheaper than other bottled nutrients. I do think it is watered down and the last time I used it, I could of pushed the ratio a little harder. Overall I would like to find a simplified and more effective nutrient system. I like organics and would prefer to stay there, I just need to make sure my crop is living up to its potential!!!

mad librettist

Veteran
skip the sock keep the castings and molasses. Works much better without the sock. Strain if you have to. I just dump it all in.

NUG-JUG

Yea I used to use a nylon until I brewed a tea by just throwing it all in, and it was the sweetest, frothiest, best tea id made..

Latest posts

Latest posts