What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Veterinarians' Hospital

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Clones clones clones

Clones clones clones

Well I am still having a hell of an issue finding any jiffy pellets or rapid rooters in my area, but I did stumble across, rooting gel cubes

Says I can use each one 3 times, we will see about that. But pretty simple directions, just stick them in here until it roots. I only did two clones, I did not want to waste time on something that might now work

One Mumbles, One heavenly hash

In my veg closet

Everything else is looking good, I will have to drop a space heater in there tonight supposed to be 5 c over the evening.

Take care
:joint:

AnotherName

Nice plants Dr.Dog. Sounds like they will be some heavy yielders. I'm Getting Jealous of all the others with bud pics too. I'll flip any time now as well.

Dr Dog

Veteran
Hey all
Well I have one confirmed female skunk, hairs still way too small for me to get in there with the cam, but I can see 'dem hairs.
I have some disturbing news as well, have some kind of weird insect on the superskunk plant I had chosen as my mom, small little green things, very tiny, does not look like a mite, but I am afraid it might be the larvae of one. I quickly isolated that plant, no other signs of insects on the others. I will check on it this eve and see what is up.

I will get some new pics up sometime this week

Another name thanks for stopping in, Yeah all looks good here, minus the issue above.
The Mxa strains are highly sensitive to nutes, everyone I have has burnt tips, seems to get more with every feeding, and a few of them have some really crazy growth.
But with 5 clones going I should easily be able to grab a nice bud haul

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
:laughing: Gel 2 root...I have a ton of those :biglaugh: I found them at Wally world and thought they'd solve my cloning issues.
I've still yet to successfully root with one :bat:
You do have humidity domes over yours though, which the instructions say to use. I never used any.
They say you can use them up to 3 times, but you hafta keep air away from the gel surface or they dry up fast.
The bonus side to them is that they are very fair priced :yes:

Good eye catching the critters on SS
8378smiley-borg.gif
better to be safe than sorry. Could be something harmless, but better to take proper precautions.

All the plants look great, green and healthy! :canabis: congrats on the confirmed female Skunk :woohoo:

Best of luck with the Gel2roots...I''ll hafta give'em another try, especially if you have success with them :ying:

:wave:

Dr Dog

Veteran
No luck with them yet, no roots. But for 8 bucks worth a shot, I may try a regular household plant to see if I can get a clone to work with those.
The insects were doin some sort of damage, kind of a leaf mining, as I could see little white trails, that is how I initially seen them, I had to get out the microscope to really see them
Still looking for jiffy pellets or rapid rooters

Thanks for looking in

Dr Dog

Veteran
This is going to be a long one

This is going to be a long one

OK been a few days since I put up any pics, been stupid humid again here, so it has been a rough week at work. I really like spring. Nice and cool, good amount of sun, mosquitoes had not a chance to repopulate.
So, there are very big differences between the two new strains I am growing. The Mumbles strain is very thick and bushy and the Heavenly Hash strain is long and skinny. But you check em out.

Here are my two skunks, the one on the right is showing female preflowers, the one on the left, even being a week older, is still sitting quietly.

View from above

From 4 I am down to 3 Superskunk clones, one had these crazy small green leafminer type insects. I could only see the damage with my eye. I got out the magnifying glass to see them. There were not many and I think they are gone now, I immediately pu that plant outside and sprayed the little bastards with a raid product. The plant died ina bout an hour. it sacrificed itself, so the others could live. Brave little clone!

Top shot from those clones

Here are a bunch of shots from the heavenly Hash line

These plants have some really bizarre growth patterns, mutant leaves, and very sensitive to any nutes, I have been giving them half strength and the tips are still burning, I don't really get bothered by that one that strain now. Growing like a weed.

And a couple Mumbles shots

Nice and bushy I am really hoping they are all female.

I fired up the veg box to grow out these females for a bit before I flowered them. I am going to flip the lights on all the non known plants and get an answer to who stays and who goes. Kind of like a weed "bachelor"

That clone 2 gel stuff is starting to seem like garbage. Been about a week now and no signs of any roots. One did not make it. But this one is not done yet
Will be back soon with another picture filled update.

Thanks for checking in
Cheers :joint:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Great update Dog :yes:
Always in good health here.

Sorry to hear bout the SS clone :badday: Better to sacrifice one though for the greater cause.
I'm keepin an eye on Mumbles as it may be next on my list of things to grow also :canabis:

I let some clones sit in that Gel for up to and over 3 weeks without any results. The sad part was that the plant was still in good health. The gel sure keeps them alive, just never seen any roots produce.
I tried taping the outsides with duct tape...so that no light shone into the root zone, but still had no success.
They don't work at all under natural light I found out real fast too :bat:

hmmm :chin: I only paid $2 for a pack of 6 (so I bought 12) Now I got about 10 I dunno what to do with :biglaugh:
I still wish you luck, and hope you have success with them though :ying:

Thanks for the llong and nice update :lurk:

:wave:

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Veteran
Hey T
Yeah still no growth on the gelpack. I was thinking about covering it to darken it out as well, but alas, it has been to long, I do not think it would make any difference. I will have to get out and scour the garden centres or possibly a hydro shop soon to get some cloning supplies. I really want to keep the Blubonic strain growing, and since I got some nice Superskunk, I would like a MOM of that as well.
All is doing well, kind of waiting for this heatwave to die off, so I can get my room temps under control again. Eclipsing 30 degrees daily now.
Thanks for stopping in bro

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Dog, impressive update. The babies are growing up nicely. You can really tell these things are liking what you're giving them. The HH and M are doing awesome, hope you get plenty of females. When you thinking of switching them over?

B/R

Dr Dog

Veteran
Hey B, funny you should ask
I just adjusted the timer tonight, so light on at 6 am and off at 6 pm
Yeah they are growing nicely, the HH seem a bit nute sensitive, but the m is growing up without any issues
The skunks are impressive, very bushy and full, looking forward to flowering those!
Thanks for looking in, I will have some new updates and pics up as they start to show

Anima

Heya Dr Dog!!
Anything happening with those gel rooters? I had a thought about it...maybe mix in a good amount of perlite so the roots can get some air? ...if you are feeling experimental. :insert scientist smilie here:

Good luck with a good female count!

Dr Dog

Veteran
Well I am not sure if I had mentioned it but I am down to one now, been almost two weeks and still nothing, but at least the plant is still alive, That may be an idea with teh perlite, I should give it a shot. I have 4 of those gelpacks left, maybe I will try it next group of cuts I make.
Thanks for stopping in bro

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hia Dog ...nice growth on the plants buddy..but i'm sorry these gelpacks are not working out for you....but why you wont just try some soil...there's notthing 2 it realy...and it saves you some time going 2 look for some jiffy's...
the only thing you gotta do is take 2 clones from the same plant 2 be shure you have her growing...i could give you a few tips for better cloning if you want....i've learnd a few tricks 2 get them on track without ever reading it here on IC....just you ask if you light try soil :smile:

bbl :wave:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Anima may have something there :chin:
Those things gotta work for someone though or I'm sure they wouldn't be on the market.

I found Core' advice to help me out with my last cloning tasks. I believe it was him that explained to me "where" to cut can be a real important part of the process :yes:

Rooting gel is cheap to play around with too.

I'm still playing around myself, but found better than before success with Core' tips :D

Best of luck with the next batch :ying:

Dr Dog

Veteran
No sex yet

No sex yet

Well, been two days since I switched the lights on my unknown plants, still no sign of sex on any of them. They are stretching a bit and I can see little somethings starting, but no hairs, no balls, so I guess no news is good news.

Here they all are, pretty healthy, minus a few burnt tips.

The gel pack clone, I think it may actually be getting some new growth, but still not a sign of a root, that first pic has a hair or something on it. Did not see it as I was snapping pics.

The superskunks doing well. I will be transplanting them into 4 gallon pots this evening. One will stay for a bit as a mom, but the others will be getting flowered once they grow out a bit. These girls have some really large leaves, I feel that they will be monsters if I left them to grow out on their own, so I may tie them into an LST or something similar.

Hopefully I will see some sex soon

Thanks for stoppin in

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Lookin real nice and fresh in there man :yes:

Damn Gel2Roots :bat: I was hoping I could see someone get them to work.

Best wishes for ladies :ying:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Dog, I bought those last year and couldn't get anything to root in them. I tried putting them under domes, taping them to keep the light out. I hope you get one to work lol it's a good concept but don't seem to be too damn practical. Take care man.

B/R

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Doctor D :wave:
:respect: for your curative skillz - like Apollo of old - hmmm, bet you'd like some Apollo 11 in your stable. Perception + Understanding = Cure. You got it, you old Daaaaaahwg you!

twistedtree

^^^I'd love to see what you could do with A11, Dr. Dog. Lookin' pretty straight in here. Don't know anything about gel cloning pack...things. Actually, don't know shit about cloning...period. Hope it works for ya, though.