What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Veterinarians' Hospital

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Hey B, ya they are growing nicely, I put another 6 seeds in paper towel today, two from each strain, I will be putting the little tadpoles in jiffy pellets once they are ready and directly under the cfl. I can already see the difference between the plants at this young age.
Ty for stopping in

greenhead

Veteran
Looks real nice ! I have a question about the plant you are re-vegging. I thought that a re-vegged plant would look much larger, since it's gone through flowering etc. Did you remove a lot off of that plant when it was done flowering before you started re-vegging it again ?

Dr Dog

Veteran
Good question, it is really small, because it was just a clone when it got put into flower. I had a few plants that were flowering and I really had nothing or anywhere to put her, so I started her flowering. When I was ready for her, I just removed the bud, and got her under 24h light now. She was only about 4 weeks into the flower stage at that point

Dr Dog

Veteran
mid week update

mid week update

Things are starting to grow upwards here now, all plants that have germed, are doing well. I still cannot get the seed coating off the heavenly hash, but there is alot of vegetation growing under the seed shell itself, should pop off anyday now.
The other 6 beans that are in to be popped, only one is starting to crack, I was hoping there would be all 6 good to go this morning, but that did not happen, maybe when I get home tonight, I can plant some.

I am going to name this one "turtle", for obvious reasons, but I think it is only a matter of time before it leaves the nest.

From left, 2 Mumbles, 2 Skunk, 2 Heavenly hash.

Mumbles

Skunk

Heavenly Hash

Dr Dog

Veteran
Hey B
Got two more skunk to pop for me today, the HH and the M are still hiding from me. Planted the the skunk in some jiffy pellets, to see if they root quicker, and to make transplanting a whole lot easier

Dr Dog

Veteran
OK, all 6 seeds cracked, and were put into jiffy pellets under the dome. A couple skunk and 1 HH are peeking out now. I should have some pics up sometime this weekend, but I am exhausted today, too tired to do anything but drink my coffee.
Have a great weekend everyone

greenhead

Veteran
Hi dr. dog, I'm curious if that shell had come off that seedling yet ? The one you have seems to be really stubborn.

I had a couple of those before also, and I just ripped them off, gently of course, but the seedling turned out fine. I know that it's probably better to just wait it out, but sometimes impatience gets the best of people I guess.

:wave:

Dr Dog

Veteran
Yeah it did dude, I ended up prying it ff with a flat staple, it is not doing very well but it is still alive I will get some pics of it this weekend

Dr Dog

Veteran
Well the little seedlings are taking off, I gave them their first nutes this afternoon, a 1/4 strength dose of an A/B solution. They seemed to like it as I was able to notice growth within hours.

A bit warmer here today, was calling for thunderstorms but as of 10 30 pm no sign of that and the skies were clear when the sun went down.

Here are the little plants soaking in the best sun that a 95w cfl can give them

A couple Mumbles

Heavenly hash with a deformed leaf

Here is the plant I had to pry the shell off, still standing, looks like it still alive. so lets see what comes of this one.

Other Heavenly Hash, deformed leaves here as well, lets see what the other new growth does.

2 young skunks

Heavenly hash baby

Will be back soon with more pics soon, should probably be finding new home for them in a week or less, check back for more updates.

:joint:

Dr Dog

Veteran
New family update

New family update

Hey bros

Was out doing some visiting last night, and ran into a few super skunk plants growing up outside at this house. The plants were doing well, just hungry, but were just starting to show flowers. They had been neglected for a good portion of the summer and had some dead leaves, but overall, were turning into some nice trees. I did what any visitor would do, fed and watered them and grabbed a few clones.

7 in total, it will be interesting to see how many make it, as they were cut from the plant a few hours before I was able to get them into the pellets. But I figure I should get a few from this.

From left to right in the back
Superskunk clones, revegging blubonic,
left three front, skunk. Third from left Mumbles, and right two Heavenly hash.

I put the plant I had in jiffy pellets into soil, pellets and all, as the roots were sticking out the bottom something fierce. I tried getting the others out of the seedling trays, but they are not ready yet, just the one, came out, I made quite a mess of it, hopefully it survives the brutal treatment.

I will be back later with some more pics, thanks for stopping in

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey dog, things are looking great. I wish I could stumble across a SS lol. I'll be back to see more pictures. Later bro.

B/R

B

Bigtimer7

Great Job, Things are lookin great for sure. Cant wait to see more pictures.
Keep up the good work buddy!

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Thats what im talking about, why dont any of my friends grow and let me get some clones. Damn I dont have any friends I almost forgot.

Dr Dog

Veteran
LOL D Rock- hey bro, yeah it was unexpected, the guy that was growing the plants left the country, so he left his mom with them, she has not an idea what to do, so I was over there feeding them and watering them, the clones was my idea. BUt hey you need to get a friend, they come in quite handy

Bigtimer, hey welcome to my grows, feel free to make yourself at home, put you rfeet up relax, i don't do anything too fast, but while you are waiting on me, make sure you check out my good friends threads as well, they all post here.

Big B/R hey bro, I will be sending you some info some day soon as what I am finding with the new gals, some are doing some weird stuff, but hey thanks for stopping in brotha. I will have one of those be MOM's so feel free to take a road trip, if you need something

Dr Dog

Veteran
Vegging update

Vegging update

So, this is the time of the growth, that drives me nuts, just about when I need to transplant these guys, that are still in seedling trays, I hate trying to get them out, I make a huge mess trying to keep the root mass intact. It does not seem to cause any issues when I do this as the plants show no ill effects, but it still freaks me out.

Here is a Mumbles strain, that is doing very well, I got a bit overzealous and gave some some nutes (1/4 strength) but I think it was too much for her so early so I burnt the tips a bit.

Heavenly Hash plant, also doing well minus the few deformed starter leaves

Superskunk clones, still not showing me any roots, but not a big deal, they still look alive

I will get another update up sometime over the weekend

Thanks for stopping in
:joint:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i hear ya on the transplants....it takes a big bite out of my timebudget....i also used hard cups in the beginning ..and hose did't meet my standards...i almost always broke roots that way....so i bought small pastic ones that are't so hard in material...now i punch the bottom a little and the groundmass come out.....i costet me a few $$$ but thats notthing in comparisson with the eas i'm repotting now....dang now a way 2 fill up the pots without my hands lamo.....
Nway i'm loving the progress :yes:

Dr Dog

Veteran
Hey Core
Thanks for looking in my office man, yeah I think I am done with those seedling trays, I have three more to trans but I can't get motivated enough to do it. 1. I am too much of a pothead, and 2. I know I will get freaked out when I am doing in and ounch the wall or something.
I am going to start feeding them soon so we should see some growth soon

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Dog, things are looking great. Don't worry about the deformities I had the same problem, but it seemed to be only the first few leaves that did this, the rest grew in fine. I was at my friends the other day and found one of the M39 crosses that is PPP dom. He's sending me some pics later. So out of the 4 I have 3 are AK dom and the other PPP. My 39 mom is doing great, thinking of seeding out a few clones off her for future projects.

When I transplant I always give them a good watering, they pop out of the pots easier with little mess and damage. They look great man, lots of new growth.

B/R

Dr Dog

Veteran
Hey B/R thanks for stopping in, yeah, they all seem to be moving along, I gave them a dose of low nutes today, should start to see some outward growth tomorrow. They are ll in 4 inch pots right now. So I think I should have some great ideas of what these plants should grow into soon.
Still waiting on some super skunk clones to root, but a few look they are starting to take.

By the way I was going to save some blubonic for you, probably once I get some clones I will seed one

Latest posts

Latest posts