What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

power saver 37%

Lofty

a couple of weeks ago i came across a device that claimed to save upto 30% on yr electric, although sceptical i ordered 2 and plugged them in, after a couple of days they did seem to work however not as good as claimed and they were getting very warm.

som time after i found a website that claimed the same thing but were made better and specified for high powered lites, i ordered 2 and plugged them in. 1 week later i looked at the meter and i am acually saving 37% of my normal electric use :woohoo: dont get the ebay ones from the east, its worth the extra getting the quality ones, also the devices smooth the wave form so yr equipment cant b monitored :woohoo:

b10narybud

so...you gonna put up a link so we can critique these things that are theroetically sounding too good to be true?

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Lofty said:
a couple of weeks ago i came across a device that claimed to save upto 30% on yr electric, although sceptical i ordered 2 and plugged them in, after a couple of days they did seem to work however not as good as claimed and they were getting very warm.

som time after i found a website that claimed the same thing but were made better and specified for high powered lites, i ordered 2 and plugged them in. 1 week later i looked at the meter and i am acually saving 37% of my normal electric use :woohoo: dont get the ebay ones from the east, its worth the extra getting the quality ones, also the devices smooth the wave form so yr equipment cant b monitored :woohoo:

Ok... i'll bite... What are they? where can I find one?

Geeze u post stuff like this WITHOUT a dang clue?? hmmmm

Peace
BB

Lofty

soory guys just got my readings and was excited and suprized they work so well, they're £50 each and u need 2 of them, 1 on each ring main up and down stairs. the website address is at work i'll post it tomos wen i've got it and got home.

u can get the cheap ones of ebay but i tried them and they're bit crappy and got way too hot.

G

i have read that if you send back low voltage to the source it will slow down the meeter...this was a long time ago i would like to read about the one you are using if you would be so kind to post a link...peace

G

what is the name of the unit...what was on the box so i can find it

cobo

how much ?

whats the good ones ?

whats thier names?

where do u get them ?

***** LINK PLEASE ****

Last edited:

Lofty

the ones i got were £50 each, 1 on the ring main with the lites and if u want more saving 1 on the other ring main.

i'll post the link tomos, they r completely legal as well, they r called "power box" but the website was something randon i cant even remember.

Lofty

sorry guys cant get link til i get to work tomos, i've had a look at the links u've put up and its not them, i went for the 2 i got coz it was specific about saving on high powered lighting!

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
It's not the equalizer PF2 that you're referring to is it? I saw a post by a sparky that said the technology behind them is junk. They work on the same principal of correcting PF...

I've got to admit after seeing the equilizer a few years back I got very interested I found this some time ago. http://kvarnrg.com/ remembered it because they have a patent number that i never got around to searching but after the post on e-bay it reminded me because they sell them i might just have to give it a shot 200 bucks if it does 10% it might just pay for its self in 3 months. haha any thoughts? bogus?

Ono Nadagin

the power savers I have in my house only work on appliances/tools that use electric motors... they only allow the device to pull power from the electrical grid on the duty cycle of the motors iirc... electric motors dont need power 100% of the time to do their job these keep the motors from using juice when the motors magnet field is doing the work

I have one on my homes central ACs in heavy duty wall mounted inline with AC power as well as little plug in units for my freezer/fridge and washer/dryer... I will get the company name off them in the morning and post a link to the company.. until then enjoy the bellow link.

here is a link to the one I have seen sold at BGhydro that MTF was mentioning http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/Itemdesc.asp?ic=MEQPF2&eq=&Tp=

I bought mine 7ish yrs ago.. it was new tech then but I have read enough since then to learn PF correction wont save any KWH ... after I find out what the brand name was again and see if it does anything more than the one in the above link I will let you guys know...

Last edited:

2buds

Tag-gonna follow this and see what everyone has to say. If it works, 15% on a $400 bill is $60 a month or you can add another light without the bill going up. :yes:

globel

i have a equilizer pf2 hooked to a 240 v line with a green air l28 240. with electornic ballsts. My bill is Crazy big still. I have alwase used the equilizer becuase i have alwase had a large power bill 800- 1000$ monthly. My electrician friend who builds rooms for a living said that these devices usualy only work well in other cuntries like canada ware the power grid isent that stable. but who knows.

Latest posts

Latest posts