What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what your favorite flower enhancers????

sophisto

I am curious to see what most of the bros and broettes here choose when they buy a flower enhancer...

So if I could put categories on this question I would ask............

A. Favorite Flower size enhancer?????

B. Favorite Flower flavor enhancer????

C. Favorite Flower site enhancer????

D. One that you have or would not waste money on...????

sophisto

C. ??????? They are enhancers to help create or enhance the presence of bud sites. Or flower sites if you will, the more sites the more bud there is to add enhancers to increase size or flavor enhancers to enhance the taste..... No bud sites no bud to enhance.....

So freakin baked right now I feel like I just talked in circles oh well....hope you understand stoned-a-nese.

kingspade

i had always grown with the same stuff as i did right from the start, it always worked, so i thought why change, right?

as i've been running out of my original products, i've been switched to others, to try 'em out...

A) foxfarms - beastie bloomz

i has always used koolbloom, the liquid, in my dwc, right from my first grow, so i never really had anything to compair it to...when i ran out the last time (a few weeks ago) i went to the hydro shop to buy some more, looked around, talked to the people there, and ended up with foxfarms - beastie bloomz (used to be called beastie budz, and owned by another company)...it's a solid, like sand...i was about three weeks into flowering, and it was the perfect time to add some, buds were just developing, i followed the directions on the bottle, made a "tea" with it, added it to a few cups of water, shook it up, let it dissolve, and poured it into my res...that was about five weeks ago...i've got buds atleast twice as big as i did with koolbloom...i love this product, i would recommend it to everyone...before i was getting a branch or two with massive nugs, the size of soda cans, now i got a few the size of 2liter bottles, and all my lower nugs are the size of soda cans...

they also make cha-ching, and open sesami, which i havn't picked up yet, but plan on..., open sesami, if i'm spelling it right, you add during early growth, suppoced to speed things up, and grow bigger in veg...and cha-ching is suppoced to make the oils and resins in the plant come out more

B) botanicare - sweet

i remember hearing back in the day, i think of overgrow, that nothing you added to your res. would change the flavor of a plant, so when the guy at the hydro store told me about sweet, i thought he was full of shit, but, i gave it a shot anyways...he later went on to tell me that since it's a carbohydrate booster, it'll also help swell up "flower" size, so that's what really sold me on it...anyways, i like it, i think, it could be all in my head, but, i'm going to continue to use it...

C) i don't know what you mean by that, i would say you could tie down a little, get some more light to those sites down lower into the plant, but like i said above, the open sesami is suppoced to do something like that, but i havn't used it, so i can't judge...try doing a search on it or something...

D) superthrive
it's mainly used for starting new seeds, and for early growth, for my first few grows, i used it, then i just stopped, just kinda forgot about it, i've never noticed a difference, i use plain h20 til it gets a few inches, then add a little nutes, and just keep pumping it up...

also, i've seen a difference with using a cleaning additive, i use clear-x by botanicare...the bottle says something like use between 5 and 15 ml per gallon for a flush, i use about 10, then add plain h20 when the res. gets low to top off with...also, during change from veg. to flower, what i did it i got an extra bucket just like my plants are in, fill it with water and clear-x, and put the plantin there while i'm dumping the veg. nutes and making the flower nutes, it breaks down alotta the salt built up, and it'll help the roots take in more of the flower nutes...

hope this helps, if i think of anything else, i'll post

G

Curing is over hyped, it's easier to manipulate live plants than dead ones. I like Awesome Blossoms and Big Bud. I've been experimenting with purple maxx on the side.

kingspade

Dopey Taylor said:
Curing is over hyped, it's easier to manipulate live plants than dead ones. I like Awesome Blossoms and Big Bud. I've been experimenting with purple maxx on the side.

a good friend of mine just harvested his crops a couple weeks ago...he only had a few jars, not enough for the amount of bud he got, i tried to tell him to go buy more jars, he kinda said the same thing, he didn't think it could be all that important, and he would just try it for an experiment...

so after he dried it, he filled up three little jars, put some in a tuperware container, and some he just put in a sandwich bag...

i saw it all last weekend, they all looked good, smokeable, but there were differences, the tuperware bud was more of a darker color then the others, and had lost alot of it's and hairs, there was like a couple joints worth of hairs statically (am i making up words?) stuck to the tuperware container...the sandwich bag weed looked ok, not much of a smell, nothing special...the jared weed was a nice light green, with tons of crystals and red hairs all over, smelled amazing...i didn't smoke any of it, i had already rolled up a joint of my own

what i do is dry for a couple days, till the outside is crisp, throw 'em in a jar for a day, take 'em out, lay em across a little make-shift screen i built for a few hours, till their crisp again, jar 'em up again, then every day for the next few days, i open em all up, dump 'em on the screen, and rejar them, just so they get moved around and stuff...you really can't screw it up, if you over dry, just throw a leaf or two into the jar to get some moisture back in there...

Lofty

all the best growers spend months curing their samples for the comps so there must be something in it, anyway i'll find out soon enough coz i've got a guest pass for the 420 and my friend and my son r judges :woohoo: i'll let u all know how gooood the cured herb is.

i do understand that there r stoners that dont take a lot of notice about the dif tastes just want to get wasted, but there r a lot of stoners that like particular tastes, my mate always smells and tastes wat he's smoking.

each to their own :joint:

sophisto

Adequate flushing and curing make a world of difference in the final product....No doubt about it.....True that if the right ingredients dont go into the living plant the cure can only enhance whats there.....But if all the factors are good in the life of the plant the cure will undoubtedly enhance the taste and potency... I puffed some bud that had been flushed for 20 days ( overkill maybe) and cured for 2 months, this was the sweetest smoothest smoke I ever had......

Awesome input so far lets keep it goin....

sophisto

Comfrey???? What is that??? Hope it aint something I should know, and make myself seem like an ass.... Well I am an ass anyways so let it ride.....LOL

The only dumb question is the one never asked right???

G

Growing it right makes the difference. Good cured bud was good before the cure and sub par bud is still sub par after the cure. Quit reading high times.

thc43

Veteran
Dont need many additivs at all in my grows canna coco nute a/b seems pretty bloody consistant and of good quality..

Ontop i use

silica Hygen budlink
PK 13/14 canna

In my latest grow trialing these new addys

humic fulvic acids 1400
Canna bio boost ????? unknown little effect so far

Straight canna range + budlink.

G

Comfrey???? What is that??? Hope it aint something I should know, and make myself seem like an ass.... Well I am an ass anyways so let it ride.....LOL

The only dumb question is the one never asked right???

Comfrey is one of the best natural plant foods you will find for flowering and fruiting plants :)

Comfrey can be cultivated and also grows wild, if you collect the leaves, place them in a big bucket covered in water for a few weeks you will get a rich dark liquid full of disolved plant matter the breakdown of the liquid is about - Nitrogen 0.12% Phosphorus 0.055% Potash 0.86%

So comfrey is a very high potash fertiliser, high in phosphorous and low in Nitrogen! it is a ideal flowering fert, free and produces fully organic and clean herb. Plants LOVE this, try it, you will be surprised. It is free..

If you need to cultivate the plant, get the Russian comfrey blocking 14 if you can as it is one of the best varieties. Some more on comfrey..

Comfrey is a particularly valuable source of fertility to the organic gardener. It is very deep rooted and acts as a dynamic accumulator, mining a host of nutrients from the soil. These are then made available through its fast growing leaves (up to 4-5 pounds per plant per cut) which, lacking fibre, quickly break down to a thick black liquid. There is also no risk of nitrogen robbery when comfrey is dug into the soil as the C:N ratio of the leaves is lower than that of well-rotted compost. Comfrey is an excellent source of potassium, an essential plant nutrient needed for flower, seeds and fruit production. Its leaves contain 2-3 times more potassium than farmyard manure, mined from deep in the subsoil, tapping into reserves that would not normally be available to plants.

Hope this helps..

After years of experimenting i use nettle, docks, many wild plants to make all my liquid fertilliser needs. Mostly sticking to Nettle during veg and comfrey during flower. Both keep the soil balanced and healthy which is all that's needed for producing wonderful herb.

Peace, hhf

sophisto

HothouseFlowers said:
Comfrey is one of the best natural plant foods you will find for flowering and fruiting plants :)

Comfrey can be cultivated and also grows wild, if you collect the leaves, place them in a big bucket covered in water for a few weeks you will get a rich dark liquid full of disolved plant matter the breakdown of the liquid is about - Nitrogen 0.12% Phosphorus 0.055% Potash 0.86%

So comfrey is a very high potash fertiliser, high in phosphorous and low in Nitrogen! it is a ideal flowering fert, free and produces fully organic and clean herb. Plants LOVE this, try it, you will be surprised. It is free..

If you need to cultivate the plant, get the Russian comfrey blocking 14 if you can as it is one of the best varieties. Some more on comfrey..

Hope this helps..

After years of experimenting i use nettle, docks, many wild plants to make all my liquid fertilliser needs. Mostly sticking to Nettle during veg and comfrey during flower. Both keep the soil balanced and healthy which is all that's needed for producing wonderful herb.

Peace, hhf

Awesome bro thanks for the info...

sophisto

Dopey Taylor said:
Growing it right makes the difference. Good cured bud was good before the cure and sub par bud is still sub par after the cure. Quit reading high times.

You know at first I was sorta leaning towards thinking you were nuts... Sorry.....LOL.....But I actually agree with you now to a point.... Although what if you took good bud (living) and cured it poorly, for sure it would affect potency, smoothness, and flavor negatively dont you think?????? I do, so the truth is sorta right in the middle no????

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
Good cured bud was good before the cure and sub par bud is still sub par after the cure. Quit reading high times.

I disagree.

A cure makes a huge diffrence in taste and burning qualities