What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Cannabis a basic human right ?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I wouldnt say cannabis is a human right in itself but the right to choose what you put into your body should be.

soil margin

Veteran
Depends on who you ask. I say yes.

The right to choose what plants you grow on your property should be a basic human right, and the right to choose what you put in your body should be a basic human right. Although it's insane that we even need to state these as rights. No one should be trying to interfere with activities like this. Leave other people alone, mind your own business.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Yes.
But then food should be too.
And shelter.
And maybe medicine.

Let’s face it, if we stopped letting out governments spend trillions on “who’s got the biggest nuke” game , we could feed , clothe, house and medicate the whole world..... and provide free weed for all!!

Should laws imposing prohibitions on personal consumption choices ever be passed with indefinite effect?

The case of that little girl suing to get cannabis rescheduled federally comes to mind. The judge basically shot her down, the government made the case that there is no inherent right to consume cannabis, and that went entirely uninspected in the decision.

The question I might add on to yours is, "what legal scenario would constitute a knockdown case for a cannabis-is-a-natural-right legal defense?"

i.e. Person X gets arrested in Y scenario under Z circumstances and can mount a compelling case for a not guilty verdict while also affirming that they did use/possess/cultivate cannabis.

troutman

Seed Whore
All Governments will say "no" that Cannabis is a Human Right.

What makes you happy is irrelevant to their agendas.

B

bigganjabud

Yes.
But then food should be too.
And shelter.
And maybe medicine.

Let’s face it, if we stopped letting out governments spend trillions on “who’s got the biggest nuke” game , we could feed , clothe, house and medicate the whole world..... and provide free weed for all!!

I like your way of thinking

Tis the healing of the nations after all

Imo I'd like to say it's not my right to judge anyone so who am I to say that smoking weed is wrong

Cannabis can be everything to someone or nothing to a few

Either way it's my choice

If I'm right or wrong by society point of view or legally I really couldn't give a f#%k tbh

I've never been what you'd call popular or even brainy but all my mates now turn to me as an extraction guru

XXX_710

I'm going to go exercise my rights with a fat dab of chemdawg oil.

I agree with Baduy. as long as you don't hurt others, you are a free person.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The EU human rights act includes the right to self determination. So I suppose it depends on how determined you are to get stoned.