What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

i was thinking..

buzzmobile

Veteran
That model looks very similar to the old Radio Shack compact microscope.
No longer available.
The field of view is very small but the magnification is enough for spotting critters. It is nearly impossible to use to inspect a growing plant. I always removed suspect leaves and placed them on a white sheet of paper to inspect them with the scope.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...i would recommend this very cheap LED loupe that has both 30x and 60x lenses, all my other magnifiers have been gathering dust in the desk drawer since i bought one of these some 2 or 3 years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Lighted-Illu...UTF8&qid=1517145793&sr=8-6&keywords=Led+loupe

...i have 2 different styles similar to the one you link to above that worked after a fashion but always imperfectly and with great difficulty, the one i linked to makes examining your plants easy peasy and for 10 bucks how can you afford to not give it a try, that's why i have a half dozen magnifiers in my desk, lol.

...anyway, good luck with whichever you choose.

peace, bozo

G

ganjygav

...i would recommend this very cheap LED loupe that has both 30x and 60x lenses, all my other magnifiers have been gathering dust in the desk drawer since i bought one of these some 2 or 3 years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Lighted-Illu...UTF8&qid=1517145793&sr=8-6&keywords=Led+loupe

...i have 2 different styles similar to the one you link to above that worked after a fashion but always imperfectly and with great difficulty, the one i linked to makes examining your plants easy peasy and for 10 bucks how can you afford to not give it a try, that's why i have a half dozen magnifiers in my desk, lol.

...anyway, good luck with whichever you choose.

peace, bozo

I use this, I think its great for its price. Here's a photo it took with it.
picture.php
picture.php

Not great for taking photos through lol

St. Phatty

If you can live with a magnifying glass, or a pair of glasses, $ stores have both.

Either tool can help a person see the trikes.

I prefer to not buy from Amazon.

MrBungle

look for a loupe or a magnifying glass... those scopes have zero eye relief... really annoying pressing your eyeball against the cup to see With a loupe or magnifying glass you can keep your face away from your work, and probably see what you are looking for better anyways

Betterhaff

Veteran
I’ve bought 30x and 60x loupes on ebay for about a buck apiece…delivered. These are not illuminated but just view under a strong light source.

kaochiu

Veteran
I don't know about good offers, for i'm old fashioned and buy in local shops, but with time i've collected a few of several kinds. I'd start with any two different, for the best results in observation come from watching (in this case the bud) in as many ways as possible. With good pulse it's possible to combine them, too.