What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Congo x Panama feminized limited edition

G

growhigh1233

i have 5 of these indoors flowering as we speak ................ no hermies so far very strong stems, and quick !!...................allot quicker than the malawi im growing x

Shooters

Current look at all four of these plants that I re-vegged, 1,2&4 are outside with no cover and #3 is in a green house. All are at about 6 weeks of flower.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello all together,
I want to add my experience with BCxPA in spring and summer 2018 … until today. BCxPA has come to life mid April and has been transplanted to outdoor spot1 early May. She is a really hardy plant. She has overcome longer episodes of adverse water supply in this unusal dry and hot summer in my area. During one of the mentioned episodes she got infected by steam rot seriously. Following good recommendations of Orfeas I excised two long rot wounds from the steam and gave her mild fungicide (licensed for EU Bio agriculture). Those sections of the stem carried two of the main branches. She has withstand the first autumn storm (gusting over 100 km/h).

Now flowering process is advanced (8. Week). She develops really fast and has already a resinous look. There are hints of lemon and spices in the smell. I hope she will be ripe until 4.week October. The autumn seems support this goal. The weather report predicts two weeks with only few precipation and round about 20°C by day and between 7 and 10°C by night (+/- 4°C above the average). The only thing to grouse about should be fog before noon.
Last, but not least some BCxPA pictures. :tiphat:

Hi paisajedehierba,

Thanks for summing up how the Bangi Congo x Panama did perform in your garden. Glad to hear she is a suitable strain for the guerrilla conditions of your outdoor location. I can see clear influence from both Panama and Bangi Congo in your female, looks like she will be ready in approx 2 weeks since the picture of the bud in its 7th week of flowering was taken. Best wishes for the rest of the flowering!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update Shooters :)

Phenos 1 and 2 are more Bangi Congo dominant, 4 is a pheno 'in the middle', while 3 is the more Panama dominant. Wish you have a good October!

G

Amazing plants and pics Shooters :tiphat: Especially 1+2...#3 If I had to guess I'd definitely say a malawi x panama or opposite...

paisajedehierba

Bangi Congo x Panama harvested Oct. 17

Bangi Congo x Panama harvested Oct. 17

Hi,
she has fulfilled her life cycle. At least there are spicy and some incense notes in the smell. Citric elements have decreasedto the backround. She smells loud. The weather is not breezy and my little garden shed is noticeable several meters away. She is very sticky. The guerilla gardner is very happy with the result :woohoo: ... despite the harvest amount could have be higher with out steam rot and with more adequate watering. This single plant gives me more weed I need in a year for personal use. Smoke report will follow later after some weeks of drying curing.

Attachments

• BAxPA_at harvest day_oct. 17.jpg
    BAxPA_at harvest day_oct. 17.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 59
  • BCxPA_branches at harvestday_Oct. 17.jpg
    BCxPA_branches at harvestday_Oct. 17.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 63
  • BCxPA_flower at harvestday_Oct. 17.jpg
    BCxPA_flower at harvestday_Oct. 17.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 61
  • BCxPA_flower at harvestday III_Oct. 17.jpg
    BCxPA_flower at harvestday III_Oct. 17.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 95

Bleiweis

Veteran
Growth structure: it grew in a sativa hybrid structure. Very symetrical which was a sign of healthy vigorous individual. Stems were flexible and very manipulative. Internode lenght was medium which is kind of unusual for a sativa! Otherwise the stalk was kind of medium size- she doesn't produce those huge log type stems. Quite resistable against stem borrers and catterpillars. Bendable and suitable for LST/cropping of you need to. She branches in a very desirable way...doesn't get out of control!

Flowering: She began to flower at the end of august here so she's a bit on the late side. Stretch was medium-high. I prepared her quite good so she was under control. Buds were forming everywhere. Sadly i had problems in late flowering...tight buds and high humidity don't go together very well so she started to mold. Lost quite a bit as mold spreads quickly especialy amongst tight buds. Buds showed pink hairs which is a know trait for Panama. Big-huge yielder! When done right yields in terms of g/m2 will be very interesting!

Flower type: Buds grew in tight clusters from the bottom to the top. If you give her the right conditions she will produce huge tight collas which have amazing bag appeal! Donkey dicks would be the right description. I was very very very impressed with how she performed. Lots of trichomes on them so they are very sticky. A bit on the stinky side but not that much. If you can provide her the space and other conditions she needs...you will be very pleased with what she has to offer. In my view this is currently the star plant of ACE seeds. My favourite next to KaliChina and some Orient express phenos. Nice work Dubi...really!

Smells: Mine has these fresh Panama smells. I don't know how exactly to describe these smells but they are somewhat on the »chemical-bleach« side. Don't get me wrong...its really pleasant- i just can't connect it to any fruit or floral smells. The taste is also top notch so if u grow and cure her right...you've got a winner there! Wonderful example of breeding done right (ofcourse i also had some luck with my pheno).

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
What is the stretch like on these indoors? I have somewhat limited vertical space. Debating between topping or letting them go all natural.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi paisajedehierba,

Congrats on the guerrilla harvest! :) Glad you had a good experience with Bangi Congo x Panama limited edition past outdoor season .... the Bangi Congo mother contibutes to the hybrid with an earlier flowering and with her excellent drought, heat, cold and mold resistance. Please, let us know your opinion about her!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Bleiweis,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! :) Really happy to hear you rate Bangi Congo x Panama among the favorite genetics you have grown from us.

As you correctly pointed out, your female leans more towards the Panama Goddess parental plant ...
can clearly appreciate her influence in the flowering structure and slightly pink pistils of your plant, although the late flowering purpling comes from the Bangi Congo mother.

Wish you are enjoying your cured and well deserved outdoor harvest ;)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
At 5 weeks these are starting to have some nice odors. 4 of them lean more towards a sweet lemon or lime with some pine. 2 of them actually smell almost identical to the gmo cookies clone I ran recently. Which is a big surprise to me. Looking forward to seeing these finish up. They all healthy vigorous plants. Little difference in structure.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I am going to get some pre harvest pics up this week. No smoke yet but they look great.

Pheno 1, shortest plant, nice purple colors, mix of sweet and funky chem like odors.
Pheno 2, all green, big dense buds, smells funky like 1 but stronger and none of the sweet.
1 and 2 are the ones that smelled like gmo cookies mid flower. Both lost the garlic but the resemblance is still there in the smell.
Pheno 3, buds are totally purple, weakest smell out of them, nice earthy and kinda sweet, smells like good weed is best way to describe.
Pheno 4, the pretty one, red, purple and green, frosty pine cone shaped nugs, smells sweet and kinda fruity, has a gassy quality to the smell my head associates with potency (not that I trust my head), reminds me of good ole presses hash.
Pheno 5, green and frosty, smells a bit lemony, seems like she is gonna be a stinker, cleaning in the room and this is the one I kept noticing the smell of when moving things around.
Pheno 6. Big green buds, this is the only loose airy budded one, and still have a nice density but she is clearly the most nld looking of the group. Looks like she will go at least a week longer than the rest. Has the fumey vapory (incense?) type smell the frequently shows up in haze crosses (I have never smoked pure haze so I am hesitant to call it haze smell). Real similar to jack the ripper but more complex.

I will not get ahead of myself but as of now 2 and 4 really have my anticipation.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your feedback bigtacofarmer :)

Glad you found interesting different expressions and terpene profiles in your Bangi Congo x Panama plants. Please, post pics of them before harvest them if you hav the chance.
It will help to identify better the traits coming from each parental plant of this cross.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Last few.

Attachments

• 20190413_125530.jpg
    20190413_125530.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 58
  • P 20160901 141238 LL[2]
    P 20160901 141238 LL[2]
    52 KB · Views: 59
  • 20190413_124400.jpg
    20190413_124400.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 58

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent sativa flowers bigtacofarmer!

Thank you very much for sharing pics of your outcome :tiphat:

musigny23

2019 grow

2019 grow

Here's my two Bangi Congo x Panama plants this season. In different sections of the garden and planted next to my Super Malawi Haze in both places. In both cases the Bangi Congo/Panama is larger. I think maybe those were germinated first. Looking good so far. Hoping it keeps on that way.

first one

Second one, Bangi Congo/Panama on the left, Super Malawi Haze on the right