What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks pontiac! :)

oldschoolfarmer - its a DP Fem Blueberry! i only had 1 seed too - talk about lucky break - no nanners, smells like blueberry, sativa-ish pheno, easy to grow, no mutations.
this was my first keeper! - not even a glass jar can keep the smell in if you have a few oz of it sitting around. The high is exactly as described in the strain blurb, i think calm euphoria is a good way to describe it.

later

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well just got back after being away from thursay morning - i was pleased to come back and find that
1. my house hadnt burned down
2. my plants were all still alive!
dont you just love it when you get back and everything is as it should be?

the black forrest are coming along nicely
couldnt look in the flower cab as it was lights off - just opened it enough to put some water in the tray and check it was all alive.

ill be posting some pics in the next couple days.

later

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks HR - they've filled up some more since then! just about to post some updates.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've taken photos of the individual planys on their screens

here is the Dr Atomic NL at 20 days - stretched quite a bit and i had this one vegged up good in the first place - should be fine though - no gaps in the NL part of the canopy this time!

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blueberry at 25 days - the stretch should be almost over now but this pheno can stretch a lot. (check it 10 days ago on the canopy pic above- still at screen level)
picture.php

nugshot - this pheno has very sativa looking buds imo. i love it.
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
arjans haze 3 at 28 days - im liking the way this one is growing so far, bit of frost on the leaves too

picture.php

nug
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lastly, the Maple leaf indicas (remember there are two plants from seed on this screen)

lol, one worry was that i woouldnt be able to tell the plants apart on the screen
can you spot the two pheno's i got? ;)
picture.php

i have a cut of both and im hoping the short one is a winner!

they do seem to be managing ok on the screen though, i shuffled the screens so i have the tall pheno on the outside edge .

more talk later - i just wanted to get the shots up - comments welcome!

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lastly here are the Black Forrest seedlings
im trying to work out the best way to go with these 16+ week sativas
thinking of topping them a couple times before flowering on the scrog screens so as to keep the height down. i would like them to veg for at least another few weeks as i like mature plants to flower, but i dont have much headroom
any suggestions would be welcome :)

V.
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks gM!

i forgot to mention the seedmaking. i kept a little MLI pollen and used it to pollenate a bud of the MLI female (did the tall one before i worked out there were 2 phenos)
and also pollinated a bud of the arjans haze 3.

i also have pollen from 2 geurilla gold males that i collected in one of my greenhouses. i will use this to pollenate my blueberry and my NL - probably next week.

i will also make more geurilla gold seeds with the couple females i have in my other greenhouse -

geurilla gold is an exceptionally early canadian outdoor strain and it seems to make any strain it is crossed with earlier finishing outdoors.

probabaly going to het a little complicated with 3 different fathers for seedmaking but i can see that my first attempt, and there was so little pollen that i could hardly see it, has resulted in some brown hairs and calyxes swelling - ive been desperate to make seeds for a while now so its great to get it underway.

one of the reasonsn i am growing the Black Forrest is to get a male and do some crosses with it - perhaps with the arjans haze 3 which is the other 'high' sativa in my arsenal. if i can bring down the flowering time a bit and still have that clean high it would be great.

V.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Missed your last updates VG, a zillion things buzzing round my head right now so soz! :yeahthats

The GH Haze is looking good so far. :canabis: Also read that Strain forum thread about the viet landraces so now I'm a bit more briefed up on the Black Forrest. Can't help you on the best way to handle them though hehe.. can just wish you luck! :biglaugh:

Hope your GG pollination attempts work out. I've already got the seedmaking itch so I'm sure it's even stronger in someone with more experience like yourself. What GG # do you have? Definately make a new F generation if you can, I'll help you out if you produce too many :respect:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey snap - yeah the arjans haze 3 is a great pheno - the friend who gifted me the cut said it was, growth wise, the best sativa he had ever grown - fat buds and short plant for a sat. high is good too.

the GG is #2 - which is the earliest one and probably the most varied in phenotypes. i have 2 females in the greenhouse - one very sativa looking and one more indica looking. i also have a congolese x GG in there. so with pollen from 2 males i should get plenty of seeds and some spare ;)

thats the main reason i grew the GG really - to get some seeds and outdoor crosses just incase i need to stop the indoor at some point. you never know what is going to happen with seed shops etc and legality of buying seeds so a bit of future proofing with a little seed bank in the freezer can do no harm and it gives me some to gift or swap with others too.

later

V.

hazy

Veteran
Nice plants VG. Looks like you're going to have some nice buds.
Maybe you should LST those BF plants. Let them get just a bit bigger them start bending and tying. Sativas usually respond well to lst. Makes them branch out and keeps the height down.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks hazy - my plan is to top them twice (just done it for the first time leaving 4 nodes, which i think is about minimum for a seed grown plant).
then i'll lst a little bit and i'll still put them under the screens to flower.

i may live to regret it but i'd like them to be as old/mature as possible before flowering - apparently you get more potent buds that way particularly with sativas. This is assuming i get a female though - i will do some seed making if i get a male too. i'll probably sex them from clones when i top them next time.

looking forward to getting up there in the morning and taking a look.:abduct:

until then :joint:

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is the whole canopy - top left is the MLI at 41 days - no way is this finishing in 45-50 as the description states, the tall pheno is yellowing and i fed all the plants today so hopefully that will help
top right is the NL at 27 days- looks a bit yellow but i think in this case it is due to the fast growth and it should green up - this has hopefully finished stretching now and i may have vegged it a little too long as it is well above the screen. if the buds fatten from here we should be fine.
bottom left is the Blueberry at 32 days which is still stretching and starting to smell wonderful - like a cotton candy sweet hashy smell.
bottom right is the Arjans haze 3 at 35 days which is looking good too

picture.php

tried pollenating a couple of buds today with geurilla gold pollen so we'll see if that works. hopefully i will have crosses with the blueberry and the NL.

later

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well i would say, lookimng at the plants this morning, that i've got a definite nitrogen shortage going on. I have been watching out for this because i added less than half the amount of N guano to this run than i did the last, reason being that i added wormcasts (1 part in 10) this time which i thought would supply some nitrogen and also that i wondered if i was adding too much before.

last time i added 5g/litre of N guano and this run i added 2g/litre which appears to be not enough. i will probably go back to 5g/litre next time. nice to know for sure i was right in the first place.

have used some liquid seaweed to feed them and i may add a topdressing of N guano tomorrow.

V.