What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Forced into early harvest

G

ganjygav

Had a horrible time this grow.
Tangilope clones I vegged for 6 weeks, then 3 weeks into flowering had a "security issue" so I had to move plants. I covered them with black bags and put them in van and drove them to a new home about 5 miles away.

These were meant to be ready at week 8 I was told. Well I'm on week 10 and I've no more time. These have to be cut tomorrow. I feel sick with stress because they ain't ready and it goes against every fibre of my growing body to cut them this early but I'm out staying my welcome on someone else's land.

They're in a rush to get a bigger project started which I'm gonna be managing for them.

How bad does it look?
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I'd say they dont look too bad . Dont feel too sorry for having to chop them now.
Have you been flushing them? They look like senescence has been setting in for a while.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
They look fine to chop, a little early but should make for a nice up effect. Nice fade on the leaves as well. Should be some good smoke.

G

ganjygav

Thanks guys. You've made my heart feel a little lighter. Earlier on when I originally posted my world was crumbling around me lol.

I can't complain too much. I don't have to pay for electricity anymore and it could have been worse. I was looking at trashing the whole lot when I originally had the scare.
I was talking to a friend about it and he offered me his river shed to move them to, otherwise they would have been binned.

About a week ago they looked close to being done then they went on a final push and pumped out more pistils and calyxs.

Yeah they been flushed for 8 days now.

You have cheered me up.

therevverend

Veteran
They're close I've known plenty of growers that would chop at this stage especially at 10 weeks.
To me they need another week or two. Lots of white hairs the caylxes could use some swelling. A lot depends on how they smell. If they smell mature you won't know the difference.
All along I'd be thinking about putting them outdoors. To me these are perfect candidates to chop the tops, give a light shot of nutrients, then two more weeks outside. You'd have a nice 2nd harvest.

G

ganjygav

They're close I've known plenty of growers that would chop at this stage especially at 10 weeks.
To me they need another week or two. Lots of white hairs the caylxes could use some swelling. A lot depends on how they smell. If they smell mature you won't know the difference.
All along I'd be thinking about putting them outdoors. To me these are perfect candidates to chop the tops, give a light shot of nutrients, then two more weeks outside. You'd have a nice 2nd harvest.

Nowhere to put them or I would. They smell fooking ridiculous. Straight up tangerines up close. It's only as you move away you can smell any cannabis smell.
If it was up to me I would let them have at least another week.
Got to clear the shed though as we are setting up a 6 light project in there and are expecting clones to arrive next week.

G

ganjygav

Didn't turn out as bad as I thought it was going to.
Smells great and got a get up and go to the high.
picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear everything turned out OK for ya.

Now you've got some working mans weed with that get up and go high.

nickman

Veteran
Shit, it don’t look too bad man... just some extra red hairs that never receeded back into the bud...

G

ganjygav

It's a pretty decent smoke... Well vape. Got around 10oz from the 3 plants I kept. I donated one to the guy who let me grow on his land. Only fair as without him I would of had zero plants

Latest posts

Latest posts