What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Steven Hawking

minds_I

Veteran
Thank you. Your genius has been and will be forever remembered as one of the greatest.

N

noyd666

great man, rip, passed away aged 76.
picture.php

brown_thumb

Wherever he is, he's better off. It's a sad loss for us but he suffered so horribly for so very long. RIP Stephen. Forever ride the light.

igrowone

Veteran
he will be remembered by many
and a few unusual coincidences with his passing
it was on Einstein's birthday
it's also Pi day, 3.14169..., an elegant marker for an insightful man

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
If Hawking's body could have been as good as his mind, he would truly have been a SUPERMAN!

RIP.....mate, I will continue our chats in my dreams.

*where we first met.

Green Squall

Someone should have given him L.S.D

I'm sure many great minds have experimented with psychoactive substances. Albert Einsteins toxicology after his death found traces of cocaine, LSD and DMT. Carl Sagan was a known user of cannabis, and if you go back and look at all of the famous artists in history, most had a vice of one kind or another.

Here is the last thing I read about Hawking. He claimed to have known what happened before the Big Bang. Hard to wrap your head around this stuff.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...nows-what-happened-before-big-bang/398336002/

RIP

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i know i'll never look at bose-einstien condensates the same way again!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

oldbootz

Veteran
The strength of character it took for him to have had a successful life despite the nature of his disabilities is incredible. Besides the science parts he had some really interesting things to say about us as humans.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Stephen Hawking 1994:
"For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination: we learned to talk"

"It doesn't have to be like this. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking."

R

Rubber Chicken

Catch you on the flip side...... (Hawking voice)

RIP Stephen <3 :)

axle2u

I agree he is better off, no more suffering
great man, highly intelligent, life just threw him a curve ball

-axle robot

Latest posts

Latest posts