What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

OregonBorn

Grafting seems like it could be reasonable workaround for variety if you're going to stick with 4 instead of dealing with the hassle of medical growing. You can go up to 8 flowering plants recreationally without risking more than a misdemeanor charge and max fine of $2500 on the plant count violation, 8 is almost as much as 6+4 number.
How long does it take them to nickel and dime you out out of $2500 as a medical grower? If you quit medical, put the money you save on fees and unnecessary red tape expenses in an envelope until it adds up to $2500 and you'll have a get out of jail card in case anyone ever checks on your recreational plant count.

That is a good idea. Or ideas. Had not thought about grafting. I may try that next year. I am on OHP so medical cards are only $50 a year for me. No grow site fee. So it would be a few years before I would have $2500. The medical limit is 6 flowering plants, 12 immature plants, and 36 clones under 2 feet tall. Also as my mother lives here she can grow 4 plants as well of any size flowering or not. So its 10 bloomers and 12 non bloomers and 36 clones... The main reason I got the medical card was the old rule of unlimited clones under 2 feet. They keep changing the clone counts though.

I do not know of anyone that has been busted for a few plants over any of the limits. Some blatantly obvious grows with hundreds of plants have been busted that were in plain sight. Other large black market thousand plant plus busts have happened in Oregon as well. But the small stuff? No one seems to care. If a neighbor reports me for growing, the sheriff here calls the OHA and they check that I am on the list, and that is it. No one comes out to look. I have never been inspected by the OHA. One card and they do not seem to care. More than one card and they may inspect you, and if you went from more than 2 cards down to 2 cards, they will likley inspect you.

OregonBorn

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Important information about registering a grow site with the OMMP in 2020.[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Due to the passing of HB3200 in the 2019 Legislative session the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) is coming out with a new version of the patient application and change form. The new forms should be available mid-December. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Starting in 2020, all applications or change forms received by the OMMP where a grow site is designated must provide the name of the property owner. If the patient or grower is not the property owner, a grow site consent form signed by the property owner will be required in order to register the address. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If old versions of the application and change forms are received by OMMP after January 1, 2020, an incomplete letter will be sent to the patient requiring the property owner’s information. This will not delay the patient receiving a 30-day receipt that allows them to access a dispensary before their card is issued if the rest of the application is complete. If the grow site consent form is not received, the grower and grow site will not be registered.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please check the OMMP website for the new forms in mid-December. A version date of 12/2019 will appear at the bottom of the new forms. For information on how to apply or how to apply online, grower requirements and other program rules, please visit our website[/FONT]

OregonBorn

Got this from the OLCC today

Got this from the OLCC today

What you need to know about Real ID in Oregon

Jan. 22, 2020
Something big is happening October first of this year. If you aren’t paying attention, it might mean missing your flight out of PDX or any other airport across the U.S.
On that date the Transportation Security Administration, or TSA, begins requiring a new type of identification to board a commercial aircraft. The new ID must be compliant with something called the Real ID Act. It’s designed to keep us safer in the air, but if you try to board an aircraft using your current Oregon driver license starting in October – it won’t work. That’s because the current Oregon driver license is not Real ID compliant.
Oregon DMV will begin offering a Real ID option on July 6, 2020. To fulfill the demand of nearly one million Oregonians who will want the Real ID option, DMV would have to issue 32 licenses a second every business day from July to October. That’s just not possible.
If you don’t have a Real ID compliant form of ID at the airport, TSA will put you through an alternate identity verification process that could take an hour or more, and you could miss your flight.
There is an answer for Oregonians: obtain and use a passport or passport card. The cost of getting a new passport card is roughly equal to that of getting a replacement license with the Real ID option – and you can apply now at one of over 76 acceptance sites across Oregon.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Good looking out on the card BS, I agree with the passport card being the best.

On the other hand what are prices like there these days?

Dawgfunk

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Important information about registering a grow site with the OMMP in 2020.[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Due to the passing of HB3200 in the 2019 Legislative session the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) is coming out with a new version of the patient application and change form. The new forms should be available mid-December. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Starting in 2020, all applications or change forms received by the OMMP where a grow site is designated must provide the name of the property owner. If the patient or grower is not the property owner, a grow site consent form signed by the property owner will be required in order to register the address. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If old versions of the application and change forms are received by OMMP after January 1, 2020, an incomplete letter will be sent to the patient requiring the property owner’s information. This will not delay the patient receiving a 30-day receipt that allows them to access a dispensary before their card is issued if the rest of the application is complete. If the grow site consent form is not received, the grower and grow site will not be registered.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please check the OMMP website for the new forms in mid-December. A version date of 12/2019 will appear at the bottom of the new forms. For information on how to apply or how to apply online, grower requirements and other program rules, please visit our website[/FONT]
Just another way for the state to try and squash the ommp. Fuckers.

EastFortRock

Ommp

Ommp

Why bother with OMMP. ? I quit OMMP when rec started. 4 big outdoor plants produce way more than I need for a year. I compost stuff that would have made me cry 20 years ago. Get good clones or start 8 seeds indoor and kill 4 of the ones you don’t want ( male , no smell or duds) then put the 4 you are keeping outside for the summer.

PDX Dopesmoker

I found one of those green caterpillars on my plants earlier today, it ate a couple fan leaves before I caught it. After the sun went down I sprayed my first BT spray of the season.

jwm

Veteran
Oregon Thunder

Oregon Thunder

95FCFFBF-739F-4A7E-B7FC-17275C72EC49.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

Hood River Man Sentenced for Role in Interstate Marijuana Trafficking and Money Laundering Conspiracy
https://www.justice.gov/usao-or/pr/...te-marijuana-trafficking-and-money-laundering
PORTLAND, Ore.—A Hood River, Oregon man was sentenced to federal prison last week for his role in a conspiracy to traffic marijuana grown in Hood River and Portland to Florida, and launder the proceeds back to Oregon, announced U.S. Attorney Billy J. Williams. On August 14, 2020, Cole William Griffiths, 32, was sentenced to two years in federal prison and five years’ supervised release.

According to court documents, in April 2018, following several months of investigation, authorities executed a search warrant at Griffiths’ Hood River residence, seizing 4,376 marijuana plants, $7,700 in cash, firearms, ammunition and several vehicles. Griffiths was not present during the search, having just left for Florida. Investigators later seized a yacht Griffiths owned in Florida valued at approximately $225,000.

On August 21, 2018, a federal grand jury in Portland returned a three-count indictment charging Griffiths with conspiring to manufacture, possess with the intent to distribute, and distribute marijuana and maintaining drug-involved premises; conspiring to commit money laundering; and illegally possessing a firearm as a convicted felon. On April 22, 2019, Griffiths pleaded guilty to the first two counts.

During sentencing, U.S. District Court Judge Robert E. Jones ordered Griffiths to forfeit any criminally-derived proceeds and property used to facilitate his crimes, including more than $256,956 in U.S. currency; a 2000 Sealine F44 Yacht; eight vehicles; two all-terrain vehicles; four trailers; heavy construction equipment; and 14 firearms.

This case was investigated by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, IRS Criminal Investigation, Homeland Security Investigations, and the FBI. It was prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Oregon.

This case was brought as part of the Justice Department’s Organized Crime and Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) program, the centerpiece of the department’s strategy for reducing the availability of drugs in the U.S. OCDETF was established in 1982 to mount a comprehensive attack on drug trafficking by disrupting and dismantling major drug trafficking and money laundering organizations. Today, OCDETF combines the resources and expertise of its member federal agencies in coordination with state and local law enforcement.