What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My best cannabutter recipe - enjoy!

Twitch6123

what an easy way to make cannabutter! Now testing it out waiting for my 7g bang kick in to test out its potency. Edibles have never done anything for me besides that one time in college when my roommate made some brownies which made me trip. Lol

Anyways, waiting for it to kick in and will report back.

Btw I used 120g of leaves and sugar trim that I made dry ice hash from with 212g of ghee.

7g drink of bhang had a slight effect on me, I felt it kick in after I decided to smoke a bowl. Was really hoping I wouldn't have to smoke to measure the effects alone but nevertheless it helped.

I'll admit I was a bit worried what 7g would do to me, tonite I'm going to try 14g which seems to be slightly over 1tblsp.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have never made it before, and tried last night. Nothing ever formed on surface, using sugar leaf from strong weed. Any suggestions?

BigJohnny

I'm soaking some incredible shake right now, and I'm curious, do you filter the waste water before you dump it?

I'm noticing what seems to be a LOT of kief settling at the bottom of the waste water so I'm filtering that out and going to keep it in the mix until I make the butter, then it can settle out once the THC has been absorbed into the butter.

BigJohnny

also you should be able to get liquid and granulated lecithin from bulk stores like bulk barn, that's where I get mine.

prinzpinky

this recipe rocks !!!
heavy user since more than 10 years, this is the best ^^
thanks for this recipe !

so now my trim is cooked 3 times and i want to product my first bud butter.
like you i used 15gramm per bhang that gives me a very nice vibe

now i am wondering how much bud shall i take?
i read that 1 ounce bud to 1 pound butter is good
i am tending more to 2 ounce buds per 1 pound butter ..?!

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Check your recipe

Check your recipe

this recipe rocks !!!
heavy user since more than 10 years, this is the best ^^
thanks for this recipe !

so now my trim is cooked 3 times and i want to product my first bud butter.
like you i used 15gramm per bhang that gives me a very nice vibe

now i am wondering how much bud shall i take?
i read that 1 ounce bud to 1 pound butter is good
i am tending more to 2 ounce buds per 1 pound butter ..?!

It depends on how strong you want your edibles. An ounce per pounds makes some pretty potent stuff.

I use recipes which use 1/4 cup of CocoCanna Oil per batch of 20 Cookies. Check your recipes to see how much Budder is needed.

1 get around 65mg THC per cookie. So 2 ounces would be about 130mg per cookie.

You can always make smaller cookies :woohoo:

I say go for it :party: as it will depend of the strength of your weed.

Remember you can't overdose on Marijuana, but you may think you have.

Peace

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
It depends on how strong you want your edibles. An ounce per pounds makes some pretty potent stuff.
Remember you can't overdose on Marijuana, but you may think you have.Peace

an oz per pound... shit man, when I made my butter , I used an oz of tops.. sdkush buds with 2sticks (8oz of butter).. after an hour when I was stirring the mixture, I had '2' large buds next to me, as well as some kif... threw that in the mixture..

made 11cookies with 44grams of butter... and ate '1' cookie... and I thought for sure I was going to be the 1st person to OD and die ...

it was a bad,bad trip...

steve667

wash, wash, wash

wash, wash, wash

Here are pic's of my wash. I did this over two days. There was NO noticeable weed taste in my butter. The one thing I did a little different was to syphon the water off once the weed had settled. Just gently stick the syphon tube past the weed that settles on top and be sure not to let it suck out any weed from the bottom. This cuts down on straining it and leaving some precious weed in the filter. I had the jar sitting on the counter and I opened a drawer next to it so that my container to catch the drain off was lower than the jar - so it would syphon correctly. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 2015-11-10 21.41.53.jpg
    2015-11-10 21.41.53.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 2015-11-11 16.37.35.jpg
    2015-11-11 16.37.35.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 2015-11-11 19.05.40.jpg
    2015-11-11 19.05.40.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 2015-11-10 22.39.16.jpg
    2015-11-10 22.39.16.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 44

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I simply keep my butter in the frig and spread or add to sauces as needed

Has anybody used a Bodum Press? Seems a lot easier than cheese cloth, or a siphon

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Im trying this recipe , but with the terpene rinse mod post boil.
I soaked the shake/pop for a day or so with a few rinses
then cooked it down today, according to the basic method.

once its solidified in the morning , ima do a few more washes, if necesarry. by wash i mean Ill pour a liter or so of boiling water over the butter, stir it up and let cool down and solidiy again. Ill do this till the wastewater runs clear.

I used 33 grams of purple kush trim/pop - which was SUPER FROSTY trim and suckerbuds to 2 sticks of french unsalted 82% butter fat butter.
Sould be just about perfect for 36 or so cookies or brownies.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
my washes went quickly - only took three to run clear
ima try the soak method on some very foul but potent trim next run
but i dont think an initial bath/soak for 1-2 days is really necessary cause of the rinse/washes at the end

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
wow
made some Chocolate chip cookies from scratch and ate one .that dose would be ~.72 grams so waited about 75 minutes - felt like i had smoked a joint . so i ate two more and an hour later , i feel just about perfect like right this frickin second.
so I decided that since 3 cookies is a good starting point for these , i want something i can have 1 cookie and be good.
so i got together some cinderella trim (about 44 grm) and some sassorted spare weirdness (26gr) hiding in the freezer and dropped in 2 sticks of butter and some water and....
about a TBlspn of cinnamon.
Then I got to thinking ...
I have some fennel,star anise, cardomon black and whole, and some cloves from when i cook Pho. and see how an aromatic type butter would affect some cookies or brownies / it smells amazing and im thinking this will work for a standard cookie or brownie rcipe and maybe , it might just suck . we will see.

so I used 2 each cardomon seed, black and whole , two whole cloves, about a half tspn of fennel and a whole star anise (oh wait im outta of this atm , sorry , that might be a lil to licorice for this anyways) alomg wit 2 sticks of salted butter and a tbsp of cinimon

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
ok so yeah - i did the aromatics thing
it was cool
and different and spicy and aromatic
and like a bowl of pho , yummy
but anyways - you want to make some serious award winning cookies ? use aromatics (lightly) in the cookdown
a little goes a long way
anyways - weed is an aromatic too, and its gonna inpart its scent without even the cinammon

im prety much gonna cook without any spices in the butter for a while
and hopefully work out a dosing theory. either way - i like the butter method and like the way my scraps have a nice minty flavor to them, without any seasoning

Loc Dog

Veteran
Does anyone know how much lecithin to add per 100 grams of trim leaf?????

FYI to those that are not experienced!!! Only do a very little one day, then move up a little next time, per batch. One full cookie and I was zig zag walking, and mild tripping in bed. That batch 1/2 was strong and 1/4 was all that was needed for the night. Also, do on a night you do not have to work within 12 hours. That was gorilla glue 4 trim leaf.

@PetFlora

Don't keep your cannabutter too long in the fridge. The butter could get rancid. If you want to keep it longer than two weeks - freeze it. It is convenient to prepare portions before freezing.

Never used a Bodum Press exept for my coffee. Try it and post pics ;-)

@Boyd Crowder
How long to soak the weed depends on the quality of the weed and your taste.

'My' Bang is originally a traditional indian receipe and the indians also use spices like cardamon, cinnamom, anise, fennel and so on like you used. Your instinct to try this was absolutely right. Have fun.

@Loc Dog
Does anyone know how much lecithin to add per 100 grams of trim leaf?????"

What?!?
Don't cook any lecithin with the trim. Put the lecithin into your drink/cookie whatever and EAT the lecithin together with the cannabutter. I use about one or two teaspoon full of lecithin for the amount of cannabutter I eat/drink.

And yes, cannabutter can be surprisingly strong.
One full cookie and I was zig zag walking, and mild tripping in bed.

lol

Loc Dog

Veteran
I am glad to see you are back!! Hope you are well!!

Really owe you for such a great tek!!! Have benefited tremendously from it. Never thought trim could kick your ass. About to make a batch from lesser/airy buds from Gorilla Glue #4.

I forget if I mixed the soy lecithin in with the boil, or added it to cookies. Think the boil.

So I should add it to the cookie mix?? How much soy lecithin to cannabutter???

Also wondering if the cannabutter could be remelted and the soy lecithin added. I had to refrigerate the cannbutter/water mixture for it to solidify with the soy mixed in.

Be well!!!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@PetFlora

Don't keep your cannabutter too long in the fridge. The butter could get rancid. If you want to keep it longer than two weeks - freeze it. It is convenient to prepare portions before freezing.

Never used a Bodum Press exept for my coffee. Try it and post pics ;-)

@Boyd Crowder
How long to soak the weed depends on the quality of the weed and your taste.

'My' Bang is originally a traditional indian receipe and the indians also use spices like cardamon, cinnamom, anise, fennel and so on like you used. Your instinct to try this was absolutely right. Have fun.

@Loc Dog

What?!?
Don't cook any lecithin with the trim. Put the lecithin into your drink/cookie whatever and EAT the lecithin together with the cannabutter. I use about one or two teaspoon full of lecithin for the amount of cannabutter I eat/drink.

And yes, cannabutter can be surprisingly strong.

lol

Thanks for the freezing tip. I used coconut oil this time, but thinking to try hemp oil this time

I used the Bodum press last time. What I learned...

You have to use sufficient greens for the screen to press down on them

* The oil that is left in the greens is uber potent. Thinking it was diluted I made a tea that kicked my ass for 6+ hours. lol

I think it is better to use the oil to make icings for the cookies, brownies, instead of further cooking at ~ 350*s