What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vacations and ur outdoor garden. I got questions...

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I have a vacation coming up in the begening of august for 7 days. my whole outdoor garden is on a digital sprinkler system and is in s locked up backyard.
the plants r hidden and mixed in with the pepper plants. and there is only 2 small groups of plants.

the question is should I be too worryed about living them for the 7 days? also Ill be living my car here at the house so it still looks like Im home.

whats the longest amount of time u have been away from ur outdoor garden?

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
There has been a hot dry spell here lately and I was gone for 5 days and the plants were just starting to need some water. When the weather is more average I can be gone for a week. Sometimes the plants look a little wilted but when I water them they come right back.

S

SeaMaiden

On timed drippers you should be fine. I haven't left for that long in a while with no one around, but I *have* been too injured to tend and had them not directly tended for that long.

It's been a long time since I've lived in a place where a month without rain is considered a drought.

I suspect all will be fine as it sounds like your system is tuned to deliver the amount of water needed for sustained growth. Security would be my only concern and only a few idiots will rip plants in veg. Sounds like your good to go. You will be amazed how much they grew when you return. Those fortunate enough to grow at a residence and see their garden daily rarely get to appreciate how quickly they grow by not seeing them for a week or more. Have a great trip.

Phantomx

Well how big is the possibility that someone is sticking around in your garden and if he would, he probably wouldn't look at what you are growing, but more at what is in your house.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
well most of my neighbors r old hippies from the 70s and they alwase keep to them selfs. and Im the only one ever at my house. and I havent told anyone ever ever about my garden. so I think I should be ok.

Latest posts

Latest posts