What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have a mold question. :D

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
so like it rained for the first time today all summer long.
and it has been hot this summer like in the 100s+ temps.

It only rained for 1-2 hours of gentle but good rain this afternoon. and it is supose to rain agen tomorrow too about the same as today said my city's weatherman. but some times there wrong in my city.

my question is how much rain will it take befor the buds start to mold.
3-4 of my plants were supose to go to the end of october. and the last 6 r supose to go to middle of november.

looked at the weather for the next 7 days and it is supose to be nice and sunny. :D

after I got home today I did get to cover them with plastic for tomorrows rain.

So should I worry about the flowers getting mold. <---:

Manstien

I would never really trust the weather station for longer than a couple days....

and I think you have to consider how early your plants are getting light....

More time without early morning sun is more prone to mold....

also consider how mold-resistant your babies are...

Humidity plays a big role, but with my strain which is very mold resistant it was cloudy for 3 days with humidity going to 100% multiple times...this caused mold but very little...not sure if this helps ..

Good luck.

IeatCubes

It's not so much the amount of rain you get, but the humidity along with the temperature.

How far along are your girls? Pics?
I'd worry more about the 3-4 that were gonna' finish up in the next couple weeks.

I've noticed that plants that are still young in flower, about three to four weeks, that are throwing a lot of white pistils, small calyx formation beginning and have airy spacing between inter-nodes from the flower stretch do not mold as easily as girls that are fattening up and getting dense.
The younger flowers will allow for fresh air exchange for the moisture in/on the flowers to escape through evaporation.
As they mature, the water will settle into the buds, as the calyxes grow around the moisture,if you get a couple days of rain in a row, it becomes trapped and this is how you get mold. Sometimes, they'll get more mold even quicker when it gets sunny the next day or two because there's condensation inside the buds and the moisture cannot escape.

If you're only getting a couple of hours of rainfall in a couple days, I'm sure they'll do just fine.
But, as always, expect the unexpected.

Sorry if those are a bunch of run on sentences. I'm gone.

I know a lot of people talk about 'mold resistant' strains but I don't buy into that much.
It can happen to any strain under the right circumstances.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
thanks for yalls 2 cents on the subject. I guess Ill just have to hope for the best.
and it couldnt be worse than last year cuz it rained a lot in october and november snd my plants didnt get mold then.

and the first 4 girls have fist sized nuggets & the other 6 have smaller nuggets but still a good size. :D