What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BadKat's CannaPharm: Canna Caps, UV Reactive GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna 'Bombs' & more

shmalphy

Veteran
BUMP

The hash caps rock. Same with the PB Bombs, I ditch the wicks and call em PB Balls... Many thanks again BadKat!

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Dear BadKat's

I am back to report after some months using your techniques to cook. I have drastically improve my control over Cooking marijuana and I must say it has change my life in many ways.
I now use edibles as a big part of my cannabis consumption, it has some tremendous advantages over the vaporising or smoking.

I did make quite a bunch of mistakes until I realized that the real important part to focus on was the preparing of the mix hash oil/coconut oil.

The cannabombs I first made were much too bitter; the two firsts run I did. They were quite potent with approximatly 0.4g of oil per piece. The hash oil was not properly mixed to the coconut oil despite soy lecithin, and vaped herb makes up a much more bitter taste as well.

However; when I started heating up for more then 3 hours the hash oil to integrate it to the coconut along with the lecithin on double boiling, i noticed a drastic change in the taste of the end products and here it was.

I now solely have been relying on Caramello since then, to carry around. Advantage of the caramello is I can add my decarboxylated- fat mixed - hash oil at the last minute without re-heating it. I will make some caps as well next time.

I use around 2-4g of oil (butane), made on buds a week after cut, decarboxylated at 120°C ( 20 minutes gives it clear high, not the optimal imo with fresh material, 25 achieving a similar effect to buds and optimal in quantity, more than 30 start being heavy). I make 200g of caramello.

With 2g taste is super nice, 4g makes it more bitter but I like that my caramello filled dutch waffles reveals what they contain in the first bite, so that there is no mistaking.

One waffle contains generally .05 to .1g of oil nicely bioavailable thanks to the long preparation (6h for now).
I generally vape 3g a day, per doses of .7g of herb. Which in term of oil-equivalent would make round about 0.1g.

Interestingly I seem to reach about the same height of the high with both methods and equivalent quantity; lil advantage to edibles though, but in term of length we're talking 4h full power on edibles while round about 2h on Vaping. So twice more efficient.

So far I have yet to see somebody truly bad trip on these edibles, first because BadKat techniques give perfect reproducibility and so control over dosage. Also because it seems that lecithin soy and proper preparing tend to mild the possible peak effects of a cake trip, so it's more relaxing to get super high I'ld say.

Dosing is : .1g one waffle generally good for 4 normal users; 8 beginners.
For a nice high that will last between 4 to 6 hours

By the way, properly prepared vapo "poop" still will release a lot of cannabinoids, even if you push hardcore on your vape, so please don't waste that ! I 'ld say you still have a good 10-20% of them left in the poop. No need for decarb.

Next steps are improving my techniques with my heating plate and magnetic stirrer; and put it on test against ultrasonic "liposomal encapsulation". I have the equipement, gotta wait the plant to finish flowering.
Also switch from Butane oil to dry ice hash, no solvent use feel more secure, but hash need longer preparation.

So, thanks BadKat, you're behind all my experiments and it has revolutionized my view of edibles; as well as many friends that now love them (with respect though ! )

I will keep on the BadKat revolution and share it among all the frenchies here that are not fortunate enough to speak your language ;)

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
About the cannalemonade,

I had amazing taste experience with a lemon recipe, will remember forever the hazy smell of my Pursang lemonade, the open bottle would reek like a jar of haze. SOOOOO perfect !

my recipe
double Boiling the herb in homemade lemon juice (4 lemons - 2g of cured buds ) for half an hour
filter herb
add little sugar 20 to 40g. Mix with 1 to 2 L of sparkling water.

I didn't find Citric Acid yet (didn't look much)

I can't seem to achieve much high with this recipe though (even with up to two hours boiling in lemon which is not so good in term of taste); but taste is really out of this world just like the herb but you can drink it ! Really ! I didn't regret sparing a couple of buds for that recipe.

Effect seem very clear; somehow you feel medicated but not really high.

I had great success using this recipe for colds and sores. Looking forward to try with citric acid, but man also just like that it was the best lemonade ever. Subtle taste of the herb in the drink.

Purple strains make Pink Lemonade with this recipe !

Here is pink lemonade being made (yes only buds and lemon juice), being shaken with buds in a ultrasonic bath with soy lecithin, still hot post double boiling

watts

ohms
Veteran
when making hard candy, i notice you used 3 tsp of coconut oil per 3/4 cup of sugar. If you use more coconut oil does it dilute the potency in the candy? Or does adding more coconut oil only make the candy softer like carmels?

OldSkoolKlein

Canna Meat Pie? This. Is. Just. Awesome.

This thread WILL be bookmarked, saved in various places by me, and just motivation for when I do my first grow to knock out some of these recipies.

And as an Aussie, Thanks for the kind words about this crazy place I call home.

More power to you and big kudos for the top work you do for others in less good health than most of us. Very inspiring. If I had a semi-decent income to live on, I'd do that sort of thing in a heartbeat.

Thank you again. I can't wait to do a grow now.

Take care, and I hope Australia treats you well if/when you visit next.

tea_is_back

pot°grapher
ICMag Donor
Veteran
badkitten, first i thought...
picture.php

but i prefer a nice way...
picture.php
have you a man? marry me please:D

you are great:good:

Hello everyone! Just wanted to drop back in quickly, with my segments from the Cannabis World Summit! :woohoo:

And a little snack.....

FinCordon.jpg

Both Rick Simpson and I were the headlining 'star speakers' of this year's Summit, each day of the event featured three or more speakers, while just Rick and I were invited to share the Big 4/20 day of the Summit, due to our track records with treating and curing various cancers as well as other illnesses with our medical oils! :)

BadKat's CannaPharm : The Cannabis World Summit Edition...

BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 1: Decarboxylation" by BadKittySmiles

[youtubeif]SEa9a1riXl8[/youtubeif]

BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 2: Flowering & Revegetated Clones" by BadKittySmiles

[youtubeif]yMKeEwMSgb4[/youtubeif]

BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 3: Hash Machine Demo" by BadKittySmiles

[youtubeif]shrUhcPLqb0[/youtubeif]

BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 4: Medical Grade Oil" by BadKittySmiles

[youtubeif]4v6wKwQO6Ko[/youtubeif]

BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 5: Powerful Topical Bone Bars" by BadKittySmiles

[youtubeif]spHr1m5ZQA0[/youtubeif]

BadKittySmiles World Summit Preview.. Medical Grade Canna Oil, Hash, Edibles, Cloning and more!

[youtubeif]rffzSeSfeuM[/youtubeif]

Sneak Preview - BadKittySmiles - Cannabis World Summit - Comment to WIN FREE SIGNED BeeLine Hemp Wick!

[youtubeif]MkbclJ5wZKk[/youtubeif]

The CannaPharm medical oil video tutorials, decarboxylation video, the hash machine demo, and topical treatment tutorial, as well as another preview, Rick's interview, and his documentaries, can also be found on Day 5 - 4/20/2013 of the Cannabis World Summit website and event itinerary, below, along with some extra bonus footage from Rick.

So you folks can see who else spoke during the Summit, if you're interested and you have the time (there's some pretty good information and interviews, Matt Mernagh was a speaker earlier in the week, plus Rick and the Summit producer and founder, Bobby, spoke for well over five hours during Rick's interview, and the fellas were awesome enough to share their entire discussion!), I'll also share the full itinerary for the event.

2013 Summit Speakers & Schedule

Welcome to the First Annual Cannabis World Summit! Below is the speaker lineup for the event and a brief summary of the talks.

Day 1 - April 16

Day 2 - April 17

Day 3 - April 18

Day 4 - April 19

Day 5 - April 20

Day 6 - April 21

Day 7 - April 22

Day 8 - April 23

Day 9 - April 24

Day 10 - April 25

The Cannabis Summit info and webpage should be within the forum guidelines as well (please let me know if for some reason there's an issue)!

I'm just a speaker, but the folks who provided the community with the Summit aren't selling anything, they aren't even asking for donations: It's a collection of several valued, and esteemed members of our community, letting our hair down, and telling the world how it is!!! *Woohoo*!!

Hope you enjoy!

I'll be dropping by with a few more photo tutorials and video tutorials soon.

I'll ALSO be putting up a little linked "Table of Contents" sometime in the next week or so containing each of the recipes within this thread with direct-links, so you can click to and from each tutorial with a little more ease!

For today, I'll leave you with this......

-Canna Candy Apples!-

finished_apples_and_candy.jpg

It's that time of year again......

----------------------------

You will need:

'Modified Kit Recipe'

- 1 box Candy Apple base/mix kit (most will include sticks, be sure yours does too!)

- 2 cups sugar

- 8 - 10 apples.. any kind will do, but tart apples taste the best with a sweet coating and tend to hold up the best after exposure to a little heat... Granny Smith and McIntosh are good choices.

- 1 and 1/2 cups Water, or (optional) Tonic water

- 2 tsps, or 8 - 10 doses canna or hash oil

optional; extra cinnamon, apple, or other fruity flavors flavor... raspberry, papaya, and strawberry can be tasty.

'Home Made'

Using the rest of the ingredients (apples, sugar, sticks etc.) substitute the packet ingredients included in the kit, for:

- 1 cup invert sugar, -or- golden syrup, -or- corn syrup

&

- ½ tsp cinnamon flavor, (or slightly less than the manufacturers recommendation per 3 total cups 'sugar', or one dram if using LorAnn oils)

OR

- 1 cup cinnamon 'red hot' candies

------------------------

ingredients4.jpg

Wash and dry your apples thoroughly.. it is important you have them very dry, and it is a good idea that you buff off as much of their natural wax as possible. Once finished, insert your sticks, and give them a final wipe to remove any juices. Prepare aluminum foil or wax paper on a heat-safe surface, and give it a light greasing, or spray with Pam.

Mix your sugar, and the packet (if using one, invert sugar or syrup if you're not) and water or tonic water in a small sauce pot. Over a medium-high heat, boil for roughly 10 - 15 minutes, using a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature. Remove from heat when the candy reaches 280 f, for a softer candy, or when it reaches 300 f for a hard 'lollipop'-style candy. Once removed you may carefully add your flavoring and coloring elements, along with your canna oil.... if making your own candy without a boxed mix and without 'red hots', you may use any color you like. Red looks very nice, and traditional, but it does not glow as well as a blue, or green.

Once added, only stir gently and just enough to blend the color, oil and flavor, do not 'whisk' or over-blend. Immediately begin dipping and carefully twirling your apples in your candy. Work fast! You can always place your candy back on the still-hot burner, but I caution against actually turning it on again, except if absolutely necessary.. if you go a little too far, you can ruin your candy!

Place each apple on your greased sheet as you finish them, and allow about an hour and a half in a cool-dry room, to harden. It is NOT generally recommended that you freeze or refrigerate candy, especially candied fruit which contains moisture.
For those of you without air conditioners or humidity control in your kitchens, we're heading towards a better time of year for candy making.... it's almost impossible when the humidity is too high!

Once hardened you can wrap them if you like, but wrapped or not, you should try to have them consumed within 24 hours, or three days max in a dry climate. Due to the moisture in the apple, they will get melty after a few days (this is common for home made candied apples; it's not a 'canna thing' =-P )

finished_wrapped.jpg

glow_apples.jpg

glow_decorative_apple.jpg

Tip: You'll notice that eventually, you have candy left, but dipping becomes a challenge... just give it a final brief heating, and use a flexible spatula-scraper to get as much candy out as you can, onto a greased piece of wax paper or foil, or into a greased candy mold.

Just remember... hot candy is, well, hot! Be just as careful, as you would be when making any type of hot candy, or any hot food in general.

Enjoy!

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Quick, basic questions for either the remarkable BadKat or for other experienced pilgrims. I am in the process of making hash caps - maiden voyage. Today was the best day for me to get down and do it - unfortunately my Whole Foods (ah! Whole Foods) only had lecithin granules. I dissolved the granules in the coconut oil prior to adding it to the kief but (either for quick responders of for next time), I was wondering what the proper protocol is. The granules dissolve so I don't know whether it's better to just add the granules to the hash/oil and then figure that they will dissolve through the rest of the process or to do what I did...

2) Desiccant - I'm presuming that the desiccant sachet is to be added to the finished pill bottle but I'm not sure if one is supposed to keep the sachet in the pill bottle or to remove it - particularly because I intend to freeze the capsules. Unless, of course, I'm wrong and the desiccant sachet is only for the empty capsules to keep them from expanding before use. Also, any thoughts as to whether these should be stored in fridge or freezer?

3) - I'm curious...doesn't the oil/hash mixture in the oven (twice during the recipe process) for 40 minutes at 220 decarb? Why do the initial decarbing? Particularly because I'm using kief, not bud/trim, that was extracted from well-cured bud? I realize the importance of decarbing - it's just seems to me that the two after mixing might obviate the need for the initial decarb. I did the initial decarb at any rate but have a theoretical curiosity.

Anyhow...thanks for this amazing and knowledge-packed thread and the subsequent contributions.

Last edited:

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Amazing stuff BadKitty, this is the best info on edibles I've ever had the good fortune to come across. You rock!

Just thought I'd drop in and share the news, look who made the front page of High Times....:woohoo::dance013:

I was so busy with patient and caregiver group meetings and the festival circuit last year, and then fell pretty ill for the better part of winter, hopefully I'll be able to make a little more time for the forums in the near future. :)

Hope everyone's having a lot of success, good health, and fun with their oil!

If you need help just message us here at ICMag or at the contact form at www.BadKatsCannaPharm.com | www.MedicalGradeCannabisOil.com

Gry

Have cancer and was on opiates for a long time.
Switched to cannabis and there are times when I go through more and times less.
Was once blessed with an MD who really cared, and her thought was, that I should try to keep the amounts as low as possible, but to try to keep the levels even.
You asked about dosage levels, not real sure what to say here. Yes, at times the amounts seem large. The same is true when using opiates. I know which I feel better about. I always felt bad when I had to up my dosage of opiates- I never feel that way when I have to increase my dose of cannabis.
Everything I saw in your post made me feel like you are on the right track.

Last edited:

Gry

I have to wonder what Badkitty was in a previous life. Such impressive attention to detail with everything.

Last edited:
Gry, so much cancer in this world, sorry to hear. Have you heard of successful cures with dandelion root powder? (Of course in conjunction with mmj oil :) ) The Chinese have used it for treating cancer & liver disease to name two. It also boosts the immune system.
The beauty is that it grows everywhere. I dig up my own & prepare it myself. In the 5years that I've been taking a 7-10 day course of drp (just half a tsp a day) every 3 months, I haven't caught a cold or flu (touch wood :) )
I'm sorry I can't link but google 'dandelionrootpowdercancertutor' which will take you to a web-site with the story by George Cairns. Worth the read.
Good luck.

RulaTone

Veteran
Thanks for the informative post BKS

I've tried making canna candy but theres a step i miss...
When i try to mix caramel and coconut oil/hash they dont mix evenly and remain in a separate solution. Where did i do wrong?

JointOperation

ok.. so I have customers who hate the taste of cannabis . but love the high from edibles.. I been using bho.. and reclaim .. but the taste is very horribly weed oil tasting..

can we take bho.. decarb it.. and do a water wash to get rid of any tastes or .???????? add something to the decarbed oil to get rid of the taste or ? any tips and tricks would be appreciated.