What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-8 below zero right now.
Foildog has to wear boots and a little snowsuit outside or he freezes up in a matter of minutes

Scooby needs booties, the extreme cold doesn't agree w/her, Alice is fine w/the cold, she'd spent a few seasons ice fishing w/me prior to my accident.

-22F now, supposed to drop down to -27 still today.

I'd like to wake up and find myself on some Caribbean beach.......

WelderDan

Veteran
62 f outside right now. Going up to 72 today. Wearing shorts & drinking coffee right now. I've put on long pants like twice this year.

I pay in the summer though. Mid 90's without factoring the heat index, easily hits 100 plus when you factor that in. Such is life.

Floridian

Veteran
I cant buy cool weather this year,I've had to start flowering from 6 pm to 6 am because of the heat.Fuckin ridiculous I say when the daytime high is 78- 80F every day.Beautiful weather actually just not to grow indoors

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

-17 now and warming up to a high of 0 today, this weather makes me feel older than my tired bones already are.......

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
IT was in the 70's here in Houston today. I will probably barbecue this week sometime. I feel the need for some charred meat and vegetables.

Herbophile

It felt like a heat wave today when it got close to 0 F. Sounds crazy but it's a matter of perspective. Yet again I had to work through the cold snap and boy am I happy for insulated Carhartts.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Those are the actual temps without wind chill factored in. Even though my log home was built in the 60s I still occasionally hear a log 'POP' from the extreme cold. In the winter of '96 we had an actual -60 before any wind chill factoring, so cold you cannot draw a normal breath of air in as your esophagus snaps shut (involuntary reflex) when you try. You must breath through a gloved hand or a stout type of face mask when outside in those temps. Pets must be watched while going outside & not left alone at all.

Car batteries are dead unless you keep them on a charger (like mine tonight) and reluctant to start from SLOW moving oil. I've been going outside to fire up my truck every 3 hours or so tonight to keep it warm as well, I'll be ice fishing in a few hours & don't want any surprises like a dead truck as I don't use the Expedition for ice fishing. I really ought to build a bigger garage for my rides.

I'd ask you where you are,,, but only to be Dam sure I never move there.:biggrin: And I Thought it got cold here. Just thinking about it, I had to turn up the heat.

Currently 38*F here.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Nice thread Stoner. I am in an area where it is not as cold as you but still pretty cold for my old house. I'm gettin to old to repair frozen then busted when thawed pipes. It's 3 degrees here with a wind chill of around -15 to 20 below. Some of you folks in warmer climates have no idea what life is like living in arctic weather. on the other hand....in the summer while you are suffering in sweltering heat and humidity and a shade tree is of no comfort....folks like Stoner and I are loving life .....grilling steaks and enjoying the sunshine.:biggrin:

Useful Idiot

Veteran
IT was in the 70's here in Houston today. I will probably barbecue this week sometime. I feel the need for some charred meat and vegetables.
Screw you MPD!!!! Just kiddin....just kiddin. Your summer will give you a bit of suffering...I know that for a fact.:)

U

unthing

just couple more months of freezer..lately been quite ok but couple days back went down to -26 celsius. now like -9

Herbophile

-36 F actual temps tonight. It's funny how after only a few days of these temps you start to get used to it. Monday is supposed to get almost to 30 F so it's going to feel like a heat wave. Jeans and a sweatshirt weather. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts