What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
Mosca doesn't have his C99 anymore?
Or did he just choose not to make seeds recently?

(I did come across some of his C99 crosses, but, these are probably older stock)

-cap

Crazy Chester

None of my grow logs survived the purge I am sure but cool enough a smoke report did with good pictures.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=171777

See the dome shape on the right plant? That is the bitch you want if you want pineapple =) Top shelf wow. Dont take her past 58 days you can pull at 48. 56 just felt 'right' high wise and smelled 'right' looses sharpness of smell past 65 I felt and the high dull. High at 56 great racy sativa can focus not scattered brained.

Thanks for sharing your experience, 40Amps - it helps a lot. Interesting that your experience has been the taller, stretchier plants tend to be more like the original than the squat ones. My old clone grew squat and the only grapefruit smelling plant I found in my Peak Seeds grow was a shorter one as well - while the pineapple one was a stretcher.

And thanks for the link - I do remember when the Mosca BX's were being grown out - the pics were awesome! I remember extreme leaf to calyx ratio - that's for sure! And I do remember people were getting consistent results back then as well.

I do think there's some original in those seeds and I've always thought if one grew enough seeds out, one can at least find plants that are close to the original.

Yesum and LostTribe got close with their FDM selections.

Myself, and some others, have just been handicapped with tiny gardens. I certainly can't crack more than 20 seeds at a time and keep clones of them long enough to figure out what's in there.

But, once I move to the country...

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Note, I trimmed the bottom and grew them in tomato cages or they would be little more bushy. The other stout squat I mentioned, did not train like that very well. I remember taking both those pictures to show two different stretchier phenos. I didn't include the more squat 'indica' looking ones (they totally smoke sativa and finish quick) in smoke report because they were not the keepers. All plants were good, of a couple pineapple smelling phenos the dome one stood out out. Like no doubt that was the cream of the crop from day 40 on terps wise if pineapple was the goal. The grapefruit is the same. Grapefruit phenos to me were just as magical as the White Widow phenos that had the amazing tropical fruit and floral smells but got no recognition over the acrid lemon fuel heavy high phenos with no taste and both phenos and lines have similar oddballs that are better than what it was marketed as imo (not that pineapple now and then wasn't just awesome and unique). Just wow terps, taste, and high on GF phenos imo. I think BC grapefruit may have had bit to do with the c99 GF phenos not getting notoriety they deserved as well as Soul marketing the that particular line as pineapple isolation from the parents. I honestly kept quiet about grapefruit phenos for so long because I always wanted to do some serious breeding with it, but no sense in holding 'secrets'. BC grapefruit is awesome and different distinct gf terps, but the c99 GF phenos had none of the budrot gf is so prone to and passes on (for the new school note Zkittlez bud rot problems...cali-o has the same problem). I'd keep moms of both and breed with both, but I am smoking c99 GF all day every day and only smoking crosses of the BC grapefruit cut. If I am commercial I am straight c99 gf. Yields just as good and way more resistant to things.

Crazy Chester

Note, I trimmed the bottom and grew them in tomato cages or they would be little more bushy. The other stout squat I mentioned, did not train like that very well. I remember taking both those pictures to show two different stretchier phenos. I didn't include the more squat 'indica' looking ones (they totally smoke sativa and finish quick) in smoke report because they were not the keepers. All plants were good, of a couple pineapple smelling phenos the dome one stood out out. Like no doubt that was the cream of the crop from day 40 on terps wise if pineapple was the goal. The grapefruit is the same. Grapefruit phenos to me were just as magical as the White Widow phenos that had the amazing tropical fruit and floral smells but got no recognition over the acrid lemon fuel heavy high phenos with no taste and both phenos and lines have similar oddballs that are better than what it was marketed as imo (not that pineapple now and then wasn't just awesome and unique). Just wow terps, taste, and high on GF phenos imo. I think BC grapefruit may have had bit to do with the c99 GF phenos not getting notoriety they deserved as well as Soul marketing the that particular line as pineapple isolation from the parents. I honestly kept quiet about grapefruit phenos for so long because I always wanted to do some serious breeding with it, but no sense in holding 'secrets'. BC grapefruit is awesome and different distinct gf terps, but the c99 GF phenos had none of the budrot gf is so prone to and passes on (for the new school note Zkittlez bud rot problems...cali-o has the same problem). I'd keep moms of both and breed with both, but I am smoking c99 GF all day every day and only smoking crosses of the BC grapefruit cut. If I am commercial I am straight c99 gf. Yields just as good and way more resistant to things.

40Amps - you are making me nostalgic!

Nostalgic about my old clone, that not only stank (and tasted) of grapefruit, but would clone so easily and that rocket ship high!

I'd heard through an intermediary that the grower that gave me the grapefruit clone only kept that one from his bros grimm grow and let the pineapple one go.

And, Rezdog! That guy was so impressive for years - I would just drool over what he was doing. He had the chemdog, the sour diesel, C99, G13 and the friggin' Strawberry Cough and William's Wonder clones as well!

I was happily growing my C99 clone and Master Kush clone when he was busy breeding the hell out of it, so I didn't buy seeds from anyone for a number of years and, unfortunately, didn't get to try any of Rez's gear.

His work with Apollo 11 looked great as well, especially that "G4", I think it was.

He was prolific as hell! Every day - something awesome to drool over...

rolandomota

Veteran
The c99 I grew were both the same grapefruit candy I also had a pomegranate mango body wash that smelled exactly the same the body wash could be grapefruit candy scent but it says pomegranate mango

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great idea there rizraz. Real action beats talk everytime. ^^ Esko did good work, I would look into those beans for sure. I ran his Jalisco and Oaxacan, good stuff. Wish he would get back in the game.

Not sure the pineapple taste is so important. The mango or tropical fruit flavor FDM pheno I have is super stimulating and euphoric, at 6 hits or so, I lose it. Lost in space. No crash either.

Yesum yeah I think originally there was a phenotype called evil pineapple. It has a rotten tropical fruit taste, my male has an overwhelming decay smell with hints of pineapple. Not sure if that matters but I think its the "Evil" phenotype. Me and my buddy who passed away early this year always talked about a grapefruit female to and evil pineapple male to see just to explore the f2 batch and see what we found. Best laid plans which we never made it to. Now that he is dead I'm doing what I can to make something of this evil pineapple male and these eight youngsters I just sprouted.

Crazy Chester

Yesum yeah I think originally there was a phenotype called evil pineapple. It has a rotten tropical fruit taste, my male has an overwhelming decay smell with hints of pineapple. Not sure if that matters but I think its the "Evil" phenotype. Me and my buddy who passed away early this year always talked about a grapefruit female to and evil pineapple male to see just to explore the f2 batch and see what we found. Best laid plans which we never made it to. Now that he is dead I'm doing what I can to make something of this evil pineapple male and these eight youngsters I just sprouted.
Rizraz - I just gotta say - RIP to your friend. I'm glad he chose you to trust - I think he'd be proud with how you are continuing his passion and preserving his genetics.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i've tried princess haze once from the dispensary, i kinda wish i did a smoke report and kept the test results... i remember i did really like it, i think it was pretty decent for daytime iirc

Crazy Chester

Brothers Grimm was offering it for a while. I think it's the Princess clone crossed with a Super Silver Haze male. Mr. Soul described it having terps like "body odor", lol. I know for a fact I wouldn't hesitate to hit that joint!

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
yep, that's the one. i wish the growers in my area weren't scared of sativas and sativa leaning hybrids; i only ever found princess haze once.

durban-thai highflyer x cindy99 (aka dtc99) was really nice too. bought that as much as i could. nice terpinolene smell (i called it like alien bubblegum scented or something, it is a really nice refreshing smell like flowery herbal bubbleyum). the high was nice for daytime too... thought provoking without being so instrospective, i could still function which is nice.

if i were to buy new bros grimm seeds i'd prolly go dtc99 and apollo haze

mexicani-ar

What's the word on Dr. Greenthumb - Cinderella 99 s1? I was looking at some old high times magazines and saw dr.greenthumb c99, claims to be potent and has a lime / pineapple aroma and is from original f1 stock, anyone ever grow these out?

LostTribe

Premium user
Heres something I have been working on. Cinderella Kush aka Cindy Kush.
picture.php

Turned out superb. I used Archives Valley Girl OG male to hit my C99 #1. Grew fat chunky glazed nugs quickly and stealthily until the final 3 weeks of bloom then it started to develop a sweeter and fruitier og type rank smell. Waiting for it to dry and cure for a test run.

C99 #1
picture.php

picture.php

I took a break from smoking on the Lost #4 cut but went back and its still making me super racy. The #1 is a happy grinning experience. #1 grows very dense tight frosted fruity nugs and had bud rot on the tops this time. Environment is more humid due to summer.

I've been taking a well deserved break from the internet. I will check in from time to time.

leet

I grew Princess Haze. I have been growing and smoking haze for maaany years. I guarantee you there is NO haze in Princess Haze . Its probably some random skunk/kush and 1/4 real c99. Super Silver Haze pfff BS!

There was only one Pineapple pheno that reminded me of old c99 f1 nothing more. I would suggest you buy c99 from elsewhere.. I mean hell even female seeds version was much better... Generally the plants were good and frosty but they werent haze nor princess or lots of old c99...

Brothers Grimm is a scam, they dont have any more original genetics than what f2 guys do , even worse actually... AVOID

picture.php

Best c99 pineapple girl out of a pack .

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I always thought wallyduck had good stuff. Good to hear people appreciated the seed making efforts done by Wally.

he is still making killer stuff, I have cut of his laos x mango haze. it will stay with me as long as it will be possible, just killer work with cannabis. thank you Wally.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
he is still making killer stuff, I have cut of his laos x mango haze. it will stay with me as long as it will be possible, just killer work with cannabis. thank you Wally.

Yes I agree ...He has offered his generosity to me ...Just like you have...Thanks to both of you:headbange

Mimpi Manis

You said:

Generous, knowledgeable and an engaging gentleman to boot. Thanks from me too Wally. Lj.

LostTribe

Premium user
Original Brothers Grimm seeds were never available anywhere other than mail order and pretty much just HS. So unfortunately that rizraz story doesn't hold up.

If you had to choose between these two keepers which would you guys prefer?

#1 - Dense stocky medium to short stretch happy grinning high sticky sweet orange passion bubble gummy 60/40 Indica
picture.php

#4 - Spacy racy can get right on top of you demon sort of lemon peel A11 looking stretchy herbal sort of sour slightly sweet 70/30 Sativa
picture.php

4 screams Apollo 11 structure at me while the 1 leans a heavy 99 like an extreme sort of Dutchgrown 99. The 1 reminds me of Rez 99
11061020308_3_.JPG

I cant decide.
LT

Latest posts

Latest posts