Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Cinderella 99 The Come Back Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2016, 04:49 AM #31
LostTribe

LostTribe has disabled reputation
I want to add that even an incandescent light bulb on a timer can keep your plants from freaking out if you are in a hell of a jam. I got that from a very reputable source many years ago. It has come in handy before today like when I had that flood which occurred a few weeks into 12/12.

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121
LostTribe is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:54 AM #32
corky1968
Banned

Location: Living in a Trichome. These are the Best Homes in the World.
corky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud of
I'm cloning with 100 watt incandescent light bulbs right now in my bathroom.

I do have T5's but I'm in no rush and it works in about 2 weeks anyways.

I've kept males plants alive in my bathroom with them as well during isolation.
corky1968 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:04 AM #33
LostTribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky1968 View Post

Actually a low wattage cfl would apply as that is what I would use and when I was given this bit of advice it was over a decade ago.

Thanks for stopping by corky I have high hopes for these C99. Check that old-timer's thread I think the haze is root bound again....starting to go pale green and yellow.

Old 11-03-2016, 05:24 AM #34
CosmicCharlie

CosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by corky1968 View Post

I've grown and flowered plants during winter with incandecents and CFLs.

Incandecents have a good spectrum but poor penetration because the light is scattered all over. Incandecents have to be kept very close to the plants like CFLs.
CosmicCharlie is offline Quote

Old 11-04-2016, 03:27 AM #35
LostTribe

Finally! 1 Female from this round of 7 seeds. I have what seems to be 3 Males identifying already too. All are starting to show node growths so I am expecting to know more soon.

The plants have grown quite a bit since I took the last pics so I will post some tomorrow. Its dark period already do have to wait. They are growing perfectly dark green and not showing any problems at all! Also bushing nicely since being topped.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:25 PM #36
Nup

Nup is a jewel in the roughNup is a jewel in the roughNup is a jewel in the roughNup is a jewel in the roughNup is a jewel in the roughNup is a jewel in the rough
Subbed up for this. Always seeing C99 threads and discussions. Good to see a grow
Hope the progress is good. Light problems and all.
Nup is offline Quote

Old 11-04-2016, 04:02 PM #37
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTribe View Post
Finally! 1 Female from this round of 7 seeds. I have what seems to be 3 Males identifying already too. All are starting to show node growths so I am expecting to know more soon.

The plants have grown quite a bit since I took the last pics so I will post some tomorrow. Its dark period already do have to wait. They are growing perfectly dark green and not showing any problems at all! Also bushing nicely since being topped.
cool on the sexing ...can't wait for pics ...peace
~star~crash~ is offline Quote

Old 11-04-2016, 05:26 PM #38
Tynehead Tom
Banned

Tynehead Tom has a brilliant futureTynehead Tom has a brilliant futureTynehead Tom has a brilliant futureTynehead Tom has a brilliant futureTynehead Tom has a brilliant futureTynehead Tom has a brilliant futureTynehead Tom has a brilliant futureTynehead Tom has a brilliant futureTynehead Tom has a brilliant futureTynehead Tom has a brilliant futureTynehead Tom has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTribe View Post
So my old magnetic 400 that is like 15 years old plus got flooded by mother nature last year. It never failed prior to flooding with a lot of use. I got an E ballast 1000w about a year ago and it just went out....Hope the 1000w magnetic holds up for a few days but it was also involved in a flood, but it fired right up and I had opened it all the way up to check connections and its clean inside. I am hoping it hold as I dont want to have to toss them into bloom earlier than planned. Also second guessing my replacement for the old 400, a 400 E ballast....they are warrantied though and cheap.

dude, after watching all my friends have issues with digital ballasts over the last bunch of years..... I got a good chuckle when I wired my grow with 15 year old cap and coil magnetic ballasts. Both 400HPS, 400MH and 1000MH (running NH940HPS conversion bulbs).
sure, they hum a little but they are bullet proof. I grabbed a few new capacitors for the MH kits but otherwise, all my gear is "old school".
I'll never buy into the digital ballast game and when I order new stuff from the electrical wholesaler (not the grow stores LOL) , I'll be saving some good coin too. Only downside is one needs to fabricate their own enclosure/safety box and do all the wiring for lamp and power cord. I always get the ballasts that allow 110/220/430V so I can wire everything 220 and cut down the amp draws.
digital ballasts suck and I think the industry came up with them to cost people more money. Kinda like car parts that are designed to last 5 years instead of a few decades ago when they made them to last for at least 20 years LOL

anyhow, sorry for the ramble, sending positive vibes for your grow
Tynehead Tom is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:02 AM #39
LostTribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynehead Tom View Post
dude, after watching all my friends have issues with digital ballasts over the last bunch of years..... I got a good chuckle when I wired my grow with 15 year old cap and coil magnetic ballasts. Both 400HPS, 400MH and 1000MH (running NH940HPS conversion bulbs).
sure, they hum a little but they are bullet proof. I grabbed a few new capacitors for the MH kits but otherwise, all my gear is "old school".
I'll never buy into the digital ballast game and when I order new stuff from the electrical wholesaler (not the grow stores LOL) , I'll be saving some good coin too. Only downside is one needs to fabricate their own enclosure/safety box and do all the wiring for lamp and power cord. I always get the ballasts that allow 110/220/430V so I can wire everything 220 and cut down the amp draws.
digital ballasts suck and I think the industry came up with them to cost people more money. Kinda like car parts that are designed to last 5 years instead of a few decades ago when they made them to last for at least 20 years LOL

anyhow, sorry for the ramble, sending positive vibes for your grow
Thats exactly how I feel right now. I only lost my 400 mag ballast due to a flood as far as I am concerned and it might just be the cap which I can test and replace easily just grabbed the other one because I was enjoying not lugging around the 1k then it blows up! Well not exactly but it quit working you know. The plants don't appear to be affected.

I was super busy this morning and didnt have time for pics but will post some soon. I did up pot the 1 female and the other large plant as it looks female but still no visible hairs. I went from 6 in pots to 12 inch with 40/40/20 Fox Farm Ocean Forest/Peat Moss/Perlite. Added a bit of dolomite lime and watered with tap for today. They are all looking nice and I really hope I get 2 more Fine Ladies to try out positive vibes!

Growth is nice, dark green, shorter internode length than the old stuff but that is a plus in my book. Lots of growth from the under foliage which is catching the tops.

They are roughly 2x the size of that last picture I posted of all 7.

LT

Old 11-06-2016, 12:59 AM #40
LostTribe

THOUGHT I WOULD LIVEN THIS PLACE UP A BIT!!!! PIC OF NEW GRIMM C99!!!!

PIC FROM @ironheads_garden

NO DROOLING ON YOUR KEYBOARDS PLEASE!!!!

LT

6 members found this post helpful.