What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Kush s1 & Hybrids..

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
As far as the heirloom/valley labels, I did not recieve this cut with those names attached to it. It is most certainly the same as the malibu/pkripper/91purekush/topangaVALLEY/etc though. Sounds to me like a lot of names for one plant. Limey fuelly lucky charms og.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
I was told the one used in the cross im growing is called Suge Nite's PK.

And fwiw I know theres a strain called PKripper that is las vegas purple kush x jack the ripper. Breed by a guy named Messiah out in NY. Obviously not related to Pure kush in any way. I just say that cause if theres a pure kush clone being called pkripper thats kinda confusing.

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
Yeah too many similar names out there. Suge nite is bubba, and pkripper is actually a nickname of the og pk used in these seeds as well. Been called that since the early 2000's at least. Hard to keep it sorted. Regardless we talking about the og pk in this one.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Cool so pkripper is another name for Pure Kush. Ill admit a couple weeks ago, I saw a picture labeled PKripper in somebodys album and i thought it was that purple kush cross, but now im sure it was the one your talking about. It makes much more sense.

and im sure that messeiah fella was prolly unaware. Like you said, so many similar names. I saw theres a cross now called Stardog. That wont be confusing. I guess its somewhat inevitable since theres sooooo many crosses nowadays. Which isn't completely a terrible thing.

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
got some pics for y'all

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Hmm the chem d pures look like a nice combo....nice shots CDM...
Stardog eh? Nothing like capitalizing on another man's work/name....none the less good luck w/that whomever is doing such a thing...
Looks like you should be getting some aromas soon....

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
DxPK are some reekers! I worked a vegging garden full of them last week and the smell sunk into my bones. The ChemD structure really shows on 2/3+ of them.

Great job on the beans!:tiphat:

Great thread and shots, CDM.

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
hey melty, been too damn long brother, i hope ur back at it again! & thanks Money M, she is my favorite thus far.

ya, what im seeing outa the DxPK looks like the D is dominating, and the chem sis x PK i would guess the pk is dominant .. ive not grown PK or sis, but im assuming sis still holds a bushier chem build. it looks like the DxPK is gunna yield quite well too, shes ready to pack it on. just a couple weeks in and the frost is coming out, these are gunna be real good.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rock on, CDM! :headbange

I just potted up my last 4 of the #1 x PK's into 1 gal. Airpots.
They join 4 others potted up a few days back.

That's Slip's 'Sour Larry x Nev. Haze up top, the sole girl I'll be running in my "Haze cross Face-Off". :D
Those 8 will be paired down for the finals in the 'vertical cage match'.

Here's my PK s1's.

They'll be languishing in cups for a bit. :redface:

lloyd_christmas

Veteran
To dankfrank regarding the rep message - I grew puss kush aka "LA pure kush" for a couple years starting in 2008. Very familiar with that plant, the smoke, it's characteristics. This past year was passed the suge nite cut from a reliable source, and have seen several batches of the finished bud now. The two are one in the same.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
NICE CDM!!

A little more OGish than I was expecting. Guess its from the Pure that was used.

Hey Mike, House of Love has been selling it's version of Star Dog since 2011. We wanted to use Kyle Kushman's StarDog cut originally, but didn't, out of respect for his work. Ours is Sensi Star x HOL's Sour Dog. We could have changed the spelling to Dawg, Doug or something similar, but didn't. No disrespect intended. I'm assuming your reference above is because we currently have Star Dog beans listed on the Bay?

I believe his comment was in reference to my post, a page back. I didnt intend to be disrespectful.
I used your Stardog as an example of a strain that somebody named when there was already a strain already named that. And with all the strains these days, that happens from time to time. Somebody names a strain something thats already used. But when i came across your Stardog I was thouroughly confused. I thought someone had just mispelled Stardawg.

I mean, I can see somebody accidentely naming a strain something thats already taken, but Stardawg is pretty famous, so I dont think thats the case. And if you knew there was a "Stardawg", then you had to realize that would be confusing. No?

On paper, sure, its easy enough to tell the difference if your aware of the 2 strains. But spoken, it gets confusing quick.

I understand the name fits, I just cant help to think of the lengths some breeders go to, to make sure they are using an original name. Just sayin.:dunno:

Sorry to derail the thread homies. Just thought id explain why Stardog got brought up.

And for the record, I bet Stardog is great, just dont love the name is all:tiphat:

And wouldnt it be Kyle Kushmans "Stardawg"??
I guess it can get confusing even on paper.

Also, so you wouldnt use KK's cut outta respect for him, but youll use JJ's name?? Wierd

S

Slip Kid

A similar thing happened to me when I found a great plant from my own seeds and named it "sour grapes" only to find out after the fact that BOG had a seed line with the same name. I'll have to just call it "that thing".
The D X PK turned out pretty good. I really wish I'd had more than one because in the end the one plant I had only had a few oz and it was smoked up pretty fast. The bag appeal was top end but to be honest from the one female the smoke was nothing to jump up and down about. I'm sure if I had 10 or 20 I could have found a much better one. With any luck I'll be running a bunch starting in January, from the look of HL's PK S1's I'll be hitting those hard.:)

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
In regards to the stardog, that's on JJ...no worries it's all apart of the game....ours is Stardawg.....fwiw...
Sorry for the delay in such a informative thread....carry onither....good sctuff...

JJ-NYC

Hey Mike, House of Love has been selling it's version of Star Dog since 2011. We wanted to use Kyle Kushman's StarDog cut originally, but didn't, out of respect for his work. Ours is Sensi Star x HOL's Sour Dog. We could have changed the spelling to Dawg, Doug or something similar, but didn't. No disrespect intended. I'm assuming your reference above is because we currently have Star Dog beans listed on the Bay?
Hey festivus Top Dawg has been selling Star Dawg, Star Dog, Doug or however you want to spell it, way before 2011. Do some research and you'll find you're a little late. The Kyle Kushman cut came from beans that I gifted him. Star Dawg has produced many killer phenos that have been individually named. Kushman cut, Guava, Corey, Nag Champa, just to name a few. I suggest renaming your version something else to keep from confusing and misleading people and from keeping yourself look bad. BTW we also have a strain named Sour Dawg originally Double Dawg X Sour Diesel, it's now Tres Dawg X Sour Diesel.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Festivus, I think its pretty obvious JJ's stardog is way better than yours....I don't hear anyone passing around even 1 nevermind 4-5 well known elite phenos of House of Loves' Stardog. Topdawg seeds Stardawg has done that already so it looks like the work has already spoken for itself. I haven't grown it but heard of it so to add 1 more to JJ's list....Stardawg "illuminati" cut. You not releasing your version of it again says all we need to know.

Last edited: