Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > Whats your Favorite, and least favorite coco coir "brand" and WHY

Thread Title Search
Whats your Favorite, and least favorite coco coir "brand" and WHY Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2019, 08:26 AM #31
SnakePlissken

SnakePlissken is on a distinguished road
Bagged canna for 18 a sack.....plus some perlite.
Ready to rock.
SnakePlissken is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2019, 08:43 AM #32
Medfinder

Medfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud of
Worst? Cheap 5 dollars brick Chinese that won't pH even when stacked for 2 weeks in vinegar.

Best? Bagged botanicaire from a previous grow found in the dumpster behind hydostore...shake out all the roots... Check pH and add perlite.
Medfinder is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2019, 01:58 PM #33
Pumpkin

Pumpkin has a spectacular aura aboutPumpkin has a spectacular aura aboutPumpkin has a spectacular aura aboutPumpkin has a spectacular aura about
I have tried a whole lot of coco. I think brand barely matters. Flush it real good and the cheap stuff in bricks is fine. There are greater improvements to be made elsewhere in your grow. Adding perlite, going for a more chunky or spending more money does not add a great deal in yeild or quality from my experience. Others my disagree. If you are not growing in an ultra small container, it's a variable I personally would not stress too much about. There are a lot of more interesting things to worry about. I feel it is more a matter of preference than performance. Could be totally wrong also
Pumpkin is offline Quote