Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Michigan > Dealing with a Sexual Predator in the Industry?

Thread Title Search
Dealing with a Sexual Predator in the Industry? Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2019, 12:00 AM #1
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the rough
Dealing with a Sexual Predator in the Industry?

I'm really at a loss at what to do in my situation. I'm doing a financially lucrative consulting gig that I want to stick around for a while. It's for a farm with several huge medical rooms. Some employees are full time and some are temporary. The owner of the farm is a sexual predator with vulnerable women and all the employees know it.

Nobody will speak up because they don't want to lose their job. If I am the one who says anything, he will just fill the spot with another employee, consultant or lady to harass. Something needs to be done, and snitching is never an option.

Does anyone have any advice for what seems like a lose-lose situation?

Last edited by BillFarthing; 07-12-2019 at 12:16 AM..
BillFarthing is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 12:06 AM #2
buzzmobile

buzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFarthing View Post
Nobody will speak up because they don't want to lose their job. If I am the one who says anything, he will just fill the spot with another employee, consultant or lady to harass. Something needs to be done, and snitching is never an option.

Does anyone have any advice for what seems like a lose-lose situation?
It is not snitching to speak up. Are you afraid of losing your job?
buzzmobile is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 12:07 AM #3
NEW ENGLAND

NEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud of
OK so the employees ,"know it".
If that's the case what do you want to do?
I guess you could convince them to leave?
NEW ENGLAND is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:16 AM #4
NEW ENGLAND

NEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud ofNEW ENGLAND has much to be proud of
I should have asked what do you mean by sexual predator ? Does he hit on woman,or is he a rapist?
In these days of metoo many people,probably have many definitions

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:24 AM #5
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW ENGLAND View Post
I should have asked what do you mean by sexual predator ? Does he hit on woman,or is he a rapist?
In these days of metoo many people,probably have many definitions

I have seen overt verbal harassment, heard rumors about touching, nothing about rape. It's using a position of power or financial leverage to pursue these women that bothers me.
BillFarthing is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 12:26 AM #6
mr underhill

mr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nice
nab the guy and take him to a nice quiet spot and let a bunch of chicks beat the snot out of him. Good idea to wear face and tatoo coverings while taking care of business.
mr underhill is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:34 AM #7
NEW ENGLAND

Well if they are adults,and know what the deal is,then they have made their choice.
Or if they are on the books they can resign,and file for unemployment,seek another job.
I mean you could probably check into any motel 6 across the country,and see minors that are victims of worse.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:37 AM #8
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant future
We are different people, you and me.

It would be my impulse to call him out as a predator. Name the Demon.

But that will not stop his behaviour. Even if his Staff leave en masse (strike) he will employ others.

The irony that I see is that the Perp is acting toward his victims out of a sense of insecurity. (He is like the Epstein fellow who acts out against very young women ... seemingly the weakest of women.) When your Perp acts-out his power he is motivated by Powerlessness! AND when you write about the issue here, you too are motivated by Powerlessness!

I think there is nothing that you can do about this situation. It is a subjective circumstance which you must become used to. It is all around!

Power in relationship is timeless. Women use their power over men. Men use their power over women.

I think a relevant question is: What is making you sensitive to the power/powerlessness of Others?
Teddybrae is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 12:41 AM #9
NEW ENGLAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr underhill View Post
nab the guy and take him to a nice quiet spot and let a bunch of chicks beat the snot out of him. Good idea to wear face and tatoo coverings while taking care of business.
Nah,somethings have to be done alone,never ever leave a witness.Not condoning violence of course,just saying I wouldnt even tell my wife if I ever did something.
At least she would pass a polygraph,and not be implcated.Thats true love.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:48 AM #10
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 has disabled reputation
Is the pay worth selling your soul? Every man has a price... what’s your’s?
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.