Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Hydro Grow LEDs > TOP Growers Giveaway - Penetrator XB

Thread Title Search
TOP Growers Giveaway - Penetrator XB Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2019, 07:16 PM #1
HydroGrowLeds
Grow Light Guru

HydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to all
TOP Growers Giveaway - Penetrator XB

We just completed our side-by-side Giveaway for XB, and now it's time to get some outstanding stand-alone grows going with our new XB product line being released at the end of July.

While I understand a lot of growers out there would love to have a free light to evaluate, we have now done one giveaway where forum members chose the recipients (Rab C, CannaRed), another for side-by-sides where I chose 7 more members to get lights, and this time it's the heavy-hitters turn.

I reached out to Skotty when we first got back on the forums, as he expressed interest in trialing XB, but I have not heard from him since. If any of you can get in touch with him more easily, please have him get in touch.

I also reached out to MrSparkle and will be sending him two of our XB70 micro lights for his next grow.

If you know who Skotty and MrSparkle are, you know that these two members are very talented growers who push the upper limits of what Cannabis can do indoors. Skotty set two Dutch Passion world records with our X series many years ago (AutoMazaar in DWC + LED), while MrSparkle is nearing 2GPW with white LEDs in a micro cab (crazy!). Here's one of his grows for an example: Mr.Sparkle's Ikea Cabinet "186g, 99watts, 2.25sqft, in 66 days from sprout"

I want several more growers in this category using our lights. If you are a grower in this category with journals to back it up, with buds the size of your arms and yields nearing or besting 2GPW, I want you growing with Penetrator XB.

The Giveaway:

This is all about Journals guys. Recipients must do at least 5 high resolution photos on every update, with updates at least once every 7 days. The lights need to be used as directed (proper height/coverage) in a stand-alone environment where they are not being affected by alternative lighting sources. Outside of this do what you do to achieve maximum yield! The plant must be Cannabis and it needs to start from clone or seed, spending it's entire life under Penetrator XB. The test must begin within 2 weeks of receiving your new light.

All of our XB models are up for grabs here from the XB35 cloner light to the XB400 monster panel.

Spread the news to all your favorite, heaviest-hitting growers on ICMag. If you know some from other forums (RIU, AFN, GC, Etc.) invite them here to sign up and throw their hat in the ring. If you're one of the heavy-hitters, submit your entry with what light you want to try and the size of your area. I'll look at your stats/journals and in a couple weeks when XB is getting ready to ship, I'll make my selections

Completed Penetrator LED Grow Journals

Email: Wholesale@hydrogrowled.com

Phone: 954-213-6763

Hours: Monday through Friday, 12pm - 5pm EST

Last edited by HydroGrowLeds; 07-07-2019 at 07:10 PM..
HydroGrowLeds is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:05 PM #2
DARKSIDER
Garden of Eden

DARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud of
Going to get interesting

Serious Seeds.. bubblegum Tester.. Completed.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348148

Connoisseur Genetics.. old school haze X casey jones Tester.. Completed
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351788

Bradley Danks Genetics.. Fire Alien Strawberry x Jagerschnitzel Tester.. Platinum Cookies x Jagerschnitzel Tester.. Completed..
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=360103

Sweet Seeds.. S.A.D.. RDWC. finished. 10.05.2019.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=339306&page=2

DARKSIDER is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:55 PM #3
warpese

warpese has much to be proud ofwarpese has much to be proud ofwarpese has much to be proud ofwarpese has much to be proud ofwarpese has much to be proud ofwarpese has much to be proud ofwarpese has much to be proud ofwarpese has much to be proud ofwarpese has much to be proud ofwarpese has much to be proud ofwarpese has much to be proud of
interesting, I'd like to try an xb

STOP THE TROLLS INVASION, WE CAN DO IT!
warpese is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:59 PM #4
Rab.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpese View Post
interesting, I'd like to try an xb

i think your too late bro

Old 07-06-2019, 11:07 PM #5
HydroGrowLeds
Grow Light Guru

HydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to allHydroGrowLeds is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab.C View Post
i think your too late bro

This round of giveaways has only just begun lol.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:09 PM #6
Rab.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGrowLeds View Post
This round of giveaways has only just begun lol.
haha sorry Warpese i thought it was over and i am not even stoned too

Last edited by Rab.C; 07-08-2019 at 01:38 AM..

Old 07-07-2019, 01:57 AM #7
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
I hesitate to call myself a top grower, but you didn't define it as the size of the room, but more so the volume of output from the space.

I run 2 x 315w CMH in a 2.5' x 5' room. Lights are over a 60 gallon organic, water only soil bed. Room has filtered passive intake and forced exhausted through carbon.

I love the CMH, but I'd like to see temps come down a bit more and I'm not installing direct a/c. I REALLY do like the spectrum the bulb puts out though. I'm rather impressed with it's ability to perform in such a small space.

My biggest fear with ANY transition to LED - is under performance. I do NOT wish to sacrifice yield OR quality in the name of saving a few dollars on the electric bill. I've seen good LED grows. I've never once knowingly consumed an LED flower. I'm a huge skeptic, to be honest, when it comes to LED.

However, I'm working on LISTENING to others and not being a know it all and I'm trying new techs - that's how I ended up with CMH in the first place.

If there exist a no-risk situation to try out your latest tech, I'm interested.

I know we talked about the side by side and I didn't really care for that option as I didn't think my room would perform properly in that scenario. I tend to believe in OVERKILL. It's the most guaranteed way to ensure a desired outcome.

I look at your panels and I see crazy thin, sleek, sexy grow gear. I don't see - commercial/industrial tools. I looked at the various models to see what would work in my situation, and 2x Penetrator XB200 seems like the suggested lamps for me, but my instinct says there is now way a 200w panel could possibly provide the light I need. So I look at 2 x 300 and it wouldn't fit.

I used to grow under 1k HPS. I had to take a break. 5 yeas passed. Gavita had just hit market stride and new standards were being set. When I got back to growing, I had to make a decision on which direction to go - what technology to utilize. I knew I wanted to stay small and that dictated lights more than anything.

I studied for months and months and about $650 later had 2 x 315w CMH. Did I make the wrong decision???

Current Grow:

Day 1:

Day 29:

Last grow was straight spears:

Remember - I'm not concerned about energy usage. If you are telling me, I can produce MORE cannabis of the same quality, or BETTER quality cannabis, then I'd like to take you up on the offer to prove it - I'm down to clown.

I've been here. I'll be here. I'll always be frank.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here
dank.frank is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:43 AM #8
HydroGrowLeds
Grow Light Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post
I hesitate to call myself a top grower, but you didn't define it as the size of the room, but more so the volume of output from the space.

My biggest fear with ANY transition to LED - is under performance. I do NOT wish to sacrifice yield OR quality in the name of saving a few dollars on the electric bill. I've seen good LED grows. I've never once knowingly consumed an LED flower. I'm a huge skeptic, to be honest, when it comes to LED.

I look at your panels and I see crazy thin, sleek, sexy grow gear. I don't see - commercial/industrial tools. I looked at the various models to see what would work in my situation, and 2x Penetrator XB200 seems like the suggested lamps for me, but my instinct says there is now way a 200w panel could possibly provide the light I need. So I look at 2 x 300 and it wouldn't fit.

I used to grow under 1k HPS. I had to take a break. 5 yeas passed. Gavita had just hit market stride and new standards were being set. When I got back to growing, I had to make a decision on which direction to go - what technology to utilize. I knew I wanted to stay small and that dictated lights more than anything.

Remember - I'm not concerned about energy usage. If you are telling me, I can produce MORE cannabis of the same quality, or BETTER quality cannabis, then I'd like to take you up on the offer to prove it - I'm down to clown.

I've been here. I'll be here. I'll always be frank.
dank.Frank

The size of the room does not matter, only how consistent you are as a grower and your skill level, which I judge primarily on Grams per Watt. If you're growing with HID and achieving over 1 GPW (as in honestly doing it, not just claiming it like most), then you're in the Top grower category. If you're pulling upwards of 1.5GPW with white LEDs, you're a Top grower. But it's not about doing this on one grow, rather doing so regularly. Top growers have their setup dialed in and plants chosen for both maximum yield and potency (because what's quantity without quality?). Every grow they put out impresses, and while they have an occasional hiccup (no one's perfect) they tend to be rather minor.

In your area I wouldn't run more than 2 of the XB200 lights. It is less watts than your HID, but you won't see any reduction in yield. You'll see an increase. CMH does have one of the better spectra of all the HIDs, but it's still no match for our spectrum. Typically LED flowers have a higher finished quality when grown under RB or RGB lighting. They tend to be more fragrant with more resin/THC, although the extent varies from one strain to another.

Thank you for putting your name in the ring. You have some very nice images.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:41 AM #9
Medfinder

Medfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud of
Ready to flower the hottest clones from socal coops with the Penetrator XB lighting system...

rockwool hybrid deep water culture setup

Los Angeles 2012 cup winning Master Yoda OG and the other cup winning strains are begging for your XB lighting tech with full journal exposure not only here but other forums as well.

Genesis 1:29 (KJV)
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

James 1:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Matthew 28:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Medfinder is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2019, 10:35 AM #10
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor
Don’t think I’m a top grower ,, but I’d love to see what I could do with a 600w replacement..
bear me in mind if possible, I do keep journals updated regularly and have many threads/test grows on this forum.
Obviously, I understand there are many more quality growers on here, so I won’t be offended if not chosen.
Cheers

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

Well they tell me ‘bout the pie up in the sky,
Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you’re born and when you die,
They never seem to hear even your cry.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.

Mars hydro ts1000 test- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362526

csg triangle cheesedog x London church testers- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362387
mr.brunch is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.