Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > So I bought this tent...

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
So I bought this tent... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2019, 03:46 AM #1
GOT_BUD?
IC Mag Supporter

GOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant future
So I bought this tent...

It's a pretty nice tent. Shiny on the inside, black on the outside.

I though it was so nice I bought a light to go with it. And then I bought a grow bed and filled it with dirt. And there it sat sad and lonely.

Until today.

HLG 600W QB288 V2 R Spec kit, 5x5 Gorilla Grow Tent, Hyperfan 8" stealth fan pulling through a no name carbon filter, Grassroots 4'x4'x18" deep bed with my own soil mix. Lights running wide open, power supply mounted outside of tent, temperature rises ~13*F over ambient basement temps (82.6* held steady for 48 hours with fan at 35% of power)

Left and right rows are BOGs Blue Moon Rocks clones, 2 different phenos. Center row is AnnaC's Mind Boggle x NYCD. All plants are from clones taken from mothers ~ 3 weeks ago. The cuttings spent 14 days in the cloner until they were transplanted to 3" paper pots. That was 7 days ago. This pic was taken right before planting into the bed.

Let's see what happens.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

17 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:24 AM #2
hush
Señor Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
I'll tag along.

hush's hidey hole

hush is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:26 AM #3
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivor
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2019, 04:27 AM #4
chuckyoufarley

chuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant futurechuckyoufarley has a brilliant future
subbed

PEACE CHUCKY

jack & jill went up the hill to score a bag of grass jack was swift & rolled a spliff now he's gettin some ASS

i'm never alone even when i'm by myself
chuckyoufarley is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2019, 05:53 AM #5
Outcold

Outcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of lightOutcold is a glorious beacon of light
Im intrigued by the grow bed in a tent. I suppose this is just like a fabric pot only larger. How do you deal with the wet floor?

Old 06-29-2019, 12:06 PM #6
GOT_BUD?
IC Mag Supporter

GOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcold View Post
Im intrigued by the grow bed in a tent. I suppose this is just like a fabric pot only larger. How do you deal with the wet floor?
Don't have one. The tent has a floor and a "waterproof" floor liner. The fabric pot is actually vinyl mesh, so it won't rot. It can remain damp under there and not hurt a thing. There's also a liner of some sort that is an add on for the LOS beds.

As long as I don't ridiculously over water it, the soil should hold the water just fine.

I do know that if water escapes fabric pots, and there isn't any place for it to go to escape, the pot will quickly soak it up unless the soil is saturated.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:09 PM #7
DARKSIDER
Garden of Eden

DARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud of

Serious Seeds.. bubblegum Tester.. Completed.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348148

Connoisseur Genetics.. old school haze X casey jones Tester.. Completed
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351788

Bradley Danks Genetics.. Fire Alien Strawberry x Jagerschnitzel Tester.. Platinum Cookies x Jagerschnitzel Tester.. Completed..
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=360103

Sweet Seeds.. S.A.D.. RDWC. finished. 10.05.2019.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=339306&page=2

DARKSIDER is online now Quote

Old 06-29-2019, 04:03 PM #8
Rab.C

nice setup all the best with your grow

Old 06-29-2019, 04:22 PM #9
FlaDankster

FlaDankster is a name known to allFlaDankster is a name known to allFlaDankster is a name known to allFlaDankster is a name known to allFlaDankster is a name known to allFlaDankster is a name known to allFlaDankster is a name known to allFlaDankster is a name known to allFlaDankster is a name known to allFlaDankster is a name known to allFlaDankster is a name known to all
Nice to see some BOG.

But, I think I'd rather just kick the bucket than turn into a vegetarian
FlaDankster is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2019, 05:33 PM #10
starke

starke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud of
Tag me in.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My Ongoing Grow Diary: Starkes Story: An LED Tale Paused

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Tester Grow: (Completed 2/5/19)

browntrout's Tripleberry F2 Tester Grow: In Progress
starke is offline Quote