You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Vintage Colombian

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Vintage Colombian Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2014, 09:51 PM #1
red rider

red rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant future
Vintage Colombian

Hello everyone, its been awhile since I've posted anything so I thought it might be nice to re-live some fine Colombian. I welcome any stories pictures or thoughts on this fine exotic bud. Here are some picture of plants and bud I obtained when I first moved here.

Pressed Colombian Gold from Santa Marta $30lb.

Colombian Sativa (free)

Some very tasty cured Colombian tops 2005

Punto Rojo known to have the "God" effect on operator.

Punto Rojo hashish 2005

I first smoked Colombian back in the mid 70s but around 85 it went away. But in the early 2000s I moved to Colombia and not only found the great old Colombian but also grew it myself. This is just a few pics I have more for later. Please add all thoughts on this fine bud.

Peace

Last edited by red rider; 01-09-2015 at 02:02 PM..
red rider is offline Quote

29 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:11 PM #2
papertrails

papertrails is on a distinguished road
awesome pics.. that hash must be powerful!?!
papertrails is offline Quote

Old 11-23-2014, 10:26 PM #3
stoney917
i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD

Location: sPeCial EdUcAtIoN tRaiLoR behind the school with the rest of the window lickers
stoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing. ... id love some of that in my life... i got some pred going atm but nuthin is better then when its grown down there. ...

Old 11-23-2014, 11:01 PM #4
red rider

red rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant future
Mas

All was bought or and or grown in Colombia. High altitude goodness.

Colombian Gold vegging...

Selective Punto Rojo 2006

The super minty "Coastal Green" Colombian 2006

More coming

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:13 PM #5
Snype
Banned

Snype has a brilliant futureSnype has a brilliant futureSnype has a brilliant futureSnype has a brilliant futureSnype has a brilliant futureSnype has a brilliant futureSnype has a brilliant futureSnype has a brilliant futureSnype has a brilliant futureSnype has a brilliant futureSnype has a brilliant future
Can you tell us more about the effect of the high? I've been trying to germinate my 1973 SMCG's but they all seem to be dead. My old mentor told me this is the best bud he's ever smoked in his life. He said that it sent people to the hospital because it was so strong that they thought it was laced. Any opinions?
Snype is offline Quote

Old 11-24-2014, 12:20 AM #6
window

window is a splendid one to beholdwindow is a splendid one to beholdwindow is a splendid one to beholdwindow is a splendid one to beholdwindow is a splendid one to beholdwindow is a splendid one to beholdwindow is a splendid one to beholdwindow is a splendid one to beholdwindow is a splendid one to beholdwindow is a splendid one to beholdwindow is a splendid one to behold
Hi Red rider, good to see you posting again.
I hope this turns into an informative thread, the only info I can add is what I've read in R C Clark's mj botany.....The fine Columbian gold also known as LA Mona amarilla was grown high in the mountains and the gold colour was achieved by girdling the stem, the high was more up and cerebral and the best was often seedless.
The humid lowland lumbo was more stringy, brown and all most allways seeded and had more of a seditive, narcotic high.
Apparently when the Mexican fields were sprayed with paraquat this is when the Columbian farmers ramped up production to meet the demands of America for pot.
window is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:33 AM #7
bigherb

bigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud of
Red rider

Sup brother , hope all is well

I was thinkin bout you recently it's been a min

How is la finca ? Did you ever find the right place with the picket fence and proper garden space ?

Do you still have the old Gem connect ,if soo what you been smokin ? Or is that crippy flooding the market ?

Your old thread is filled with great info/pics I was surprised to see a new one

Best wishes

1luvbigherb

Old 11-24-2014, 12:49 AM #8
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Nice Columbian there RR. Did u have a johnny blaze going back some time ago?
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

Old 11-24-2014, 12:39 PM #9
red rider

The gold

Hello hello, the finca is still available however I havenít been there in several months. The owner is down with growing my seed but itís a complicated situation. The Colombian Gold I know is golden green/brown to almost blond in color and has a distinct sweet taste. The original happy weed with the unique ability to make any situation (seem) better. Not know as the most potent Colombian but still more than adequate to get the job done, even one hit gets you there.. A very euphoric long lasting effect that really satisfies your cannabis itch. Colombian Gold is an all-time favorite classic and I always keep it near.
Yes I did grow some fantastic Johnny Blaze back in 07. Matter a fact was my last real grow here in Colombia. I flowered 3 beautiful females, all were the same but different. They seemed to love the high altitude tropical climate even though they finished during the rainy season. I actually had a jar of JB that I left when I moved back to the USA in 07 that I found when I visited in 2010. A 3 year cure made the JB an unexpected treat (shared with my mother in-law that doesnít smoke).

Colombian grown Johnny Blaze 2007

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:35 PM #10
red rider

What I found 2014 in Colombia

What I found 2014 in Colombia
Regular
Pressed seeded brick. Most but not all is low potency and is very cheap when bought in bulk ($10lb.). Itís very common here and this is what tourist will get on the street in Bogota. Some can be potent, this weed is good for oil, cooking or smoking big joints with others. Unlike brick I get in the USA this has a nice taste and is pleasant to smoke. Regular is the most common bud I find here.

Regs
Crippy
Lots of variety here from unreal good to sleepy narcotic funk. Crippy is always seedless and of an obvious hybrid origin. Itís all outdoor grown and is considered to be the best available, some with very distinct flavors and effects. University students and young smokers in general prefer this bud to even the Gourmet Colombians. Crippy can be found only if you know someone here, I have never found this quality on the street. I pay 5,000 pesos a gram (min 5 grams) so I get 10 grams for 50,000 ($25). The quality varies but it is the best deal for me. I have found seeds and my wife is growing them in the window sill, they look beautiful but I doubt they will flower there.

Colombian Crippy 2014
Gourmet Colombians
This is what everyone wants and thought disappeared. This Colombian is sometimes (once for me) sold as Crippy because it is seedless and strong. This is the really fine Colombian that is bricked but much higher quality buds. You almost have to know a farmer to get this as itís very very rare (Iíve only found it a few times in 11 years of living here). Gold, red, even brown in color with an industrial strength smell and taste (not chemical 100% natural). The effect in general is somewhat slow but has a long lasting peak with no burn out at all. Very euphoric, motivating deep thought and creative activity. With a clean refreshing finish that really satisfies (no need to re-up every couple hours). Daytime night time this is what I want to smoke, I build up very little tolerance to this and never tire of the taste or effect. However obtaining this Colombian is very difficult for me and as such I rarely have it. Price is about the same as the Crippy 5,000 pesos a gr.

From the office

From the Finca (two hours from the office)

19 members found this post helpful.