Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Heisenberg Tea (Reprint)

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Heisenberg Tea (Reprint) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2019, 03:48 AM #11
Fixer

Fixer is a jewel in the roughFixer is a jewel in the roughFixer is a jewel in the roughFixer is a jewel in the roughFixer is a jewel in the roughFixer is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
Nature for the win!

I will say, Hygrozyme used at 6ml per gallon, you will never need any remedies for anything. All my years never a problem as long as Hygrozyme was in the res.

Nice write up, sounds like a nice tea to add even if you do not have a problem.

I've never used Hygrozyme but I'll give it a whirl. Anything for shiny white roots. I'm also thinking of trying Xtreme Tea rather than buy the ingredients to make Heisenburg Tea. Do as I say not as I do.

Is Hygrozyme the only thing you use for root health?

Old 07-08-2019, 03:50 AM #12
Fixer

Fixer is a jewel in the roughFixer is a jewel in the roughFixer is a jewel in the roughFixer is a jewel in the roughFixer is a jewel in the roughFixer is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Thanks for posting this up. I've been meaning to get around to adding this to my hydro regimen, and the reminder is great timing.

Once I started using tea reliably my slime problems vanished. If Hygrozyme didn't do it for you this might.

Old 07-09-2019, 05:49 PM #13
gmanwho

gmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant future
same approach here, 1st you sterilize. physan 20, peragreen (h2o2), pool shock.

pool shock the water then let sit before using.

sterilize the media at transplants with physan 20 an peragreen. just water in with first watering.

2nd stage then add beneficial's to repopulate. but i also add benes to fight bugs. Things like met master, or gnatrol to fight bugs. killing these bugs will prevent them spreading bad bacteria from one area to another. a hugeeeeeeeeee point often overlooked. these insects can carry smaller bugs or spores where ever they go.

then i use Recharge by realgrowers and actinovate. recharge has a long list of beneficial's for root development.

Actinovate is a bio fungicide that uses fungi to feast on other fungi that eat roots. aka root rot

all is mixed into a 5 gallon and hand poured into containers once a week. in flower i'll mix in guanos or other organics.
gmanwho is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:09 AM #14
Fixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwho View Post
same approach here, 1st you sterilize. physan 20, peragreen (h2o2), pool shock.

pool shock the water then let sit before using.

sterilize the media at transplants with physan 20 an peragreen. just water in with first watering.

2nd stage then add beneficial's to repopulate. but i also add benes to fight bugs. Things like met master, or gnatrol to fight bugs. killing these bugs will prevent them spreading bad bacteria from one area to another. a hugeeeeeeeeee point often overlooked. these insects can carry smaller bugs or spores where ever they go.

then i use Recharge by realgrowers and actinovate. recharge has a long list of beneficial's for root development.

Actinovate is a bio fungicide that uses fungi to feast on other fungi that eat roots. aka root rot

all is mixed into a 5 gallon and hand poured into containers once a week. in flower i'll mix in guanos or other organics.

Hi gmanwho, How long does pool shock take to evaporate out of the water? How long does you potion last? Do you refrigerate it?

Old 07-11-2019, 08:50 PM #15
gmanwho

gmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant futuregmanwho has a brilliant future
the answer is variable on how long the pool shock or the h202 mix will last.

i believe what it comes down to is the amount of bioactivity or organic material in the water. the pool shock gets used up quickly, like minutes if there is alot of activity. if there isnt alot it will last longer. i use manly 1-2 mills per gallon of the pool shock stock solution .

the stock solution of pool shock is 45 grams of 68% calcium hypochlorite powder to one gal ro.

i dont truly have a direct answer. ive spoken to a lab tech at enviroside. an gone back an forth with using calcium hypochlorite verse h202 blends with peroxyacetic acid. an they both come down to the starting point of the bioactivity or organic material in the starting nutrient or ro.

when i make the beneficial tea i dont add any sterilizing agent to the water, i usually just use untreated ro. i make what i use that feeding only an never reridgerate. Actinivate an recharge are powders an mix in easily. I then hold off a day or 2 before i resume reg nutrient feedings

reg nutreint feeding the other 5 days a week with 1-2 mill per gallon of the pool shock solution. i add in the pool shock stock solution at the beginning of every new reservoir an top off reservoir. which usually are 25 gal working res with either 50 or 100 gal top off tanks. which usually last about a week in each situation.

i know there is a point where im sterilizing the good bacteria i am adding, but i keep adding the good every week an wait 24-48hrs. by then the the treated nutrient solution has been sitting before used. im sure there is a " sea saw" effect.

hope i communicated some of that correctly..
gmanwho is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 01:52 AM #16
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixer View Post
Once I started using tea reliably my slime problems vanished. If Hygrozyme didn't do it for you this might.
I literally have not had slime problems for years with DWC, with the last few episodes from the hygrozyme samples.

What I'm interested in is a healthier plant in hydro, healthier clones mums and whatnot. Great info!
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 03:26 AM #17
Fixer

Interesting gmanwho, So pool shock is H2O2! I didn't know that. Why do you use it on RO water? There isn't anything organic in RO water is there? That's quite a regime. Ultimately I like the simplest program possible. Just silica, nutes and something to keep the roots white.

Douglas.Curtis what else do you use for nutes with the hydrozyme? I love the concept of BBs but I'm just trying to avoid slime as cheaply as possible.

Last edited by Fixer; 07-12-2019 at 03:27 AM.. Reason: Bad formattimg
Fixer is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 04:08 AM #18
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Douglas.Curtis what else do you use for nutes with the hydrozyme? I love the concept of BBs but I'm just trying to avoid slime as cheaply as possible.
GH Flora, Maxibloom, Floralicious+, mag sulfate, r/o, correct temps, enough o2. I've not had slime issues in years, it's a matter of keeping conditions clean.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 03:34 PM #19
gmanwho

Quote:
Interesting gmanwho, So pool shock is H2O2! I didn't know that. Why do you use it on RO water? There isn't anything organic in RO water is there? That's quite a regime. Ultimately I like the simplest program possible. Just silica, nutes and something to keep the roots white.

sorry if i mistype, Hydrogen peroxide is not pool shock. They are however both sterilizers. i apologize.

one of the definitions of organic is anything derived from living matter. In this case we are trying to remove the bacteria, fungi, algae and other pathogens from the water source. sterilize the water, the medium, then add or rebuild the bacteria WE WANT.

i guess in a way its like a human to take penicillin, then after start taking a probiotic. wipe everything out an rebuild the good.

best of luck in your search to keep it simple. wish it was simple.
man i wish things where simple.....
gmanwho is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2019, 03:27 AM #20
Fixer

gmanwho

Last edited by Fixer; 07-13-2019 at 03:38 AM..
Fixer is offline Quote