Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > You Can Have Maximum Yield --AND-- Maximum Quality in Every Harvest

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Is it Possible to Have Both? What Do YOU Believe?
You can have both maximum yield and maximum quality 14 45.16%
Maximum quality requires sacrificing at least a small % of yield 14 45.16%
Small rocks can fall if dropped 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

You Can Have Maximum Yield --AND-- Maximum Quality in Every Harvest Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2019, 05:30 AM #11
Drop That Sound

Drop That Sound has disabled reputation
Suppose it's possible, say you harvested 2 crops (in the same room with different configs) at the same time. One grown for quality, and one for the yield. A harvest is a harvest right?
Drop That Sound is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2019, 07:15 PM #12
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant future
Depending on the target market,, no a harvest is not a harvest when you need to sell it to survive,,,,

yeald,, blend,,, additives,, processing,, product delivery,, it all amounts to keeping the prosses self perpetual,,, maintaining interest and investment is sometimes an ultimate priority

Personality I run yealding clones and persi clones under the same system,,, the clones I live seem to be the lowest yealding and not feasible as a money maker

Old 07-11-2019, 07:36 PM #13
Mr. Greengenes
Re-incarnated Senior Member

Mr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud of
Quote:
you are mostly just increasing the space between those trichomes.
Great point, I've been thinking along these exact lines for some years now CannaRed. I think some nutrients and light spectrums cause more vegetative growth (than we'd like during flowering). And if the limit of # of trichomes is genetic (which I think it is), feeding or lighting that increases that vegetative mass while leaving the trichome count the same will reduce potency by increasing weight.

So yeah Douglas, I agree.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:51 PM #14
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant future
Definitely,,, i absolutely agree,, thc% is litrally a surface area deal,,, tric size is more my bag,, i like to look at a bud and not need a microscope to see glands

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:30 PM #15
SuperBadGrower

SuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really niceSuperBadGrower is just really nice
Sure, higher ratios of blue light have been shown to increase flavinoids, cannabinoids, terpenoids, at the cost of yields compared to plants grown under lower B:R ratios. In various peer reviewed studies. Mnay of the pigments that increase quality but also potency are in the UV range. I think it's also a genetic thing where plants which are selected to be huge yielders are usually lower THC content.
In the 80s/90s there was a lot of drama about new hydro tomatoes because they were huge in size but lacking in flavor (sugars). Everybody was quick to blame hydroponics and mineral nutrients. In reality, the problem was with the genetics. They had been breeding for yield and ease of cultivation.
SuperBadGrower is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:54 PM #16
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Only by accident.
This had been the ultimate commercial break. Which meant it was time to return to our regularly scheduled programming.

- Wade Wilson

---
Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:03 PM #17
rjrom90

rjrom90 has a spectacular aura aboutrjrom90 has a spectacular aura aboutrjrom90 has a spectacular aura aboutrjrom90 has a spectacular aura about
The key to maximizing quality and yield is trace mineral balancing. Most hydroponic nutrients do not contain a full range of balanced trace minerals, but when plants are supplied with all necessary trace minerals (enzyme cofactors) plants can work at their full genetic potential to produce a much higher yield of flower as well as essential oils/trichomes.
rjrom90 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:12 PM #18
Mr. Greengenes
Re-incarnated Senior Member

Mr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud of
Quote:
I think it's also a genetic thing where plants which are selected to be huge yielders are usually lower THC content.
In the 80s/90s there was a lot of drama about new hydro tomatoes because they were huge in size but lacking in flavor (sugars). Everybody was quick to blame hydroponics and mineral nutrients. In reality, the problem was with the genetics.

Exactly, SuperBadGrower. I think cannabis breeders and growers kind of learned about the yield vs quality thing back in the day with the 'Bigbud' strain. I for one, only consider yield after smells, tastes and effects are on point. Other traits are just higher (no pun intended) priority. Pretty sure most other breeders are doing the same. It's interesting to note that vegetable breeders are breeding for flavor more recently too.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:43 AM #19
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Neck and neck... with small rocks trailing by quite a distance. Thoroughly enjoying the conversation, thank you.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 02:14 AM #20
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant futureGOT_BUD? has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post

GOT_BUD? That's interesting... if you find the link in your history I'd love to listen as well. Ty.
I believe it was this episode of the KIS Organics podcast.

https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/ca...ast-episode-51

Or it was episode 40 or 41 with Jeremy Plumb.

I've been listening to this at work a lot lately, and they all kind of blend together.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote