You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Vintage Colombian

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Vintage Colombian Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2019, 03:14 PM #1731
red rider

red rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant future
Cob cured Colombian

I'm still working on fermenting flowers with the cob cure that I learned here on ICMag. I'm trying to recreate the Colombian flavors from the past.

Red Snake

Slowly getting to where I want to be.

red rider
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03787.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	499507 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03700.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	499508
red rider is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:34 PM #1732
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Beautiful.

That would do it because I'm sure the bricks would ferment in transit.
This had been the ultimate commercial break. Which meant it was time to return to our regularly scheduled programming.

- Wade Wilson

---
Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 07-13-2019, 03:41 PM #1733
wolfhoundaddy

wolfhoundaddy is just really nicewolfhoundaddy is just really nicewolfhoundaddy is just really nicewolfhoundaddy is just really nicewolfhoundaddy is just really nicewolfhoundaddy is just really nicewolfhoundaddy is just really nicewolfhoundaddy is just really nicewolfhoundaddy is just really nicewolfhoundaddy is just really nicewolfhoundaddy is just really nice
Nice! Since you are curing for taste, how did you do it? Temp and time? My results have lacked the flavor, came out more cigar like.
wolfhoundaddy is online now Quote

Old 07-13-2019, 03:45 PM #1734
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Yes i want to know also. They have awesome color.

My fails were because i dried too much before I wrapped. It was ok but... nothing special.

This year I'll wrap after 3 or 4 day drying.
This had been the ultimate commercial break. Which meant it was time to return to our regularly scheduled programming.

- Wade Wilson

---
Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:21 PM #1735
grayeyes

grayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nice
Hi Red,

Looking forward to hearing more about your fermentation. How long are you going to ferment? As you probably read, eating it after fermentation can be quite an experience.
grayeyes is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2019, 06:38 PM #1736
red rider

red rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant futurered rider has a brilliant future
Fermenting

Thanks everyone, just took a fresh cut red snake plant and wet trimmed it. Then let it hang for a few days and cut the flowers off and packed them into the corn husks. Rolled them like cigars and tied them up.

Put them in vac bags and sealed for a couple weeks and this is what I got.

I smoke them, haven't tried eating them (yet). But the smoke is good, I'm trying to get that taste of 70s export. Tastes good but not exactly like I remember so I'm still working on it. It's amazing to me that with all the tons of weed got exported from here I can't find anyone that knows how to cure it old school.
I do really like the cob cure and hope to get better at doing it with other varieties.

red rider
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03364.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	499528 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03473.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	499529

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:44 PM #1737
pinkus

pinkus has much to be proud ofpinkus has much to be proud ofpinkus has much to be proud ofpinkus has much to be proud ofpinkus has much to be proud ofpinkus has much to be proud ofpinkus has much to be proud ofpinkus has much to be proud ofpinkus has much to be proud ofpinkus has much to be proud ofpinkus has much to be proud of
Re: Yage

You'll never get what it's about by lecturing others.

If it was possible to get the lessons via words, we wouldn't need the plants to teach us.
pinkus is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:01 PM #1738
grayeyes

grayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nice
Guys,

If you want to know more about this method of cure, Tangwena I think is the name of the op. He explains in detail. He has been doing this for a couple of years.

Here is the link: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....ht=malawi+cobs
grayeyes is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2019, 08:20 PM #1739
red rider

Yage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkus View Post
You'll never get what it's about by lecturing others.

If it was possible to get the lessons via words, we wouldn't need the plants to teach us.
Yes I think the ceremony I experienced must be done to really understand the effect. I am building a relationship with the Cofan people now and this ceremony was part of understanding them.However much they like the yage and believe in it's healing powers, I don't need it and they are cool with that.

But I think the yage is something to be explored by others that feel they need it or want to know. Part of me feels that drinking the yage is like looking at death or even dying for a fleeting moment. I personally don't want to get close to something that scary at the moment. Maybe it was the setting, jungle, rain and new strange Indian friends that gives me a negative twist but I would rather sleep at night in putumayo.

red rider
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC07821.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	499543 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07822.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	499544 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07829.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	499545 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07831.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	499546

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:37 PM #1740
TychoMonolyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red rider View Post
Yes I think the ceremony I experienced must be done to really understand the effect. I am building a relationship with the Cofan people now and this ceremony was part of understanding them.However much they like the yage and believe in it's healing powers, I don't need it and they are cool with that.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

But I think the yage is something to be explored by others that feel they need it or want to know. Part of me feels that drinking the yage is like looking at death or even dying for a fleeting moment. I personally don't want to get close to something that scary at the moment. Maybe it was the setting, jungle, rain and new strange Indian friends that gives me a negative twist but I would rather sleep at night in putumayo.

red rider
People kick the bucket all the time going on vision qwest or jungle spiritual trips.