More pics of my 4 Golden Tiger girls. Two from feminized seeds and two from standard seeds (I germinated four so a 50/50 result)
A feminized one here that appears to be a Malawi dominant pheno. At about a meter high I pulled the center top over causing the side branches to grow more. Next I pulled some out and staked them to open the plant up to more sun. The stakes also will help when the buds add weight and when it gets windy.To the left are two Destroyer plants obtained from the Ace website.
Here's a standard seed plant with noticeably narrower leaves. I guess the latest version has more Thai influence and it shows. I am very curious to see what will come from these. I pulled the whole plant to the north to expose more of it to the sun and encourage growth. Just behind it I'm trying a Columbian Llanera landrace for the first time (in case you're wondering about the other plant in the photo).
Here is the big Tiger. At just over 2 meters high now. This largest raised bed allows lots of root space which can support a big plant. This one is doing well. This is the other feminized seed plant and also looks like a Malawi dominant pheno. Should yield a kilo+ easily. Just next to it and behind it is a companion Destroyer. I plant Golden Tiger and Destroyer together. It just seems like a good pairing. And these two are doing well sharing this raised bed.
This other standard seed female is very consistent in showing Thai dominance. I have this tied in a wire cage to spread it out and stabilize it. I have a Malawi x Thai Stick cross I made that really looks a lot like these standard GT plants. It will be interesting to compare my cross with these latest Ace GT versions.