Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Cooking with Kief. Whatís a good dosage?

Thread Title Search
Cooking with Kief. Whatís a good dosage? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2019, 12:26 AM #1
Amynamous

Amynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of light
Cooking with Kief. Whatís a good dosage?

I have a bunch of kief(~5 years worth). Iíd like to use some and make a pie. Iíve scoured the net and have found an extremely wide range of dosages for cooking with kief. Does anyone cook with kief, and how much do you add per serving?

Also, since I will be baking the pie for an hour at 350 degrees, do i still need to decarb the kief first?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Amynamous is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2019, 12:56 AM #2
MedFaced

MedFaced has a spectacular aura aboutMedFaced has a spectacular aura aboutMedFaced has a spectacular aura aboutMedFaced has a spectacular aura about
I use around 1/2-1oz give or take per cup of butter/oil. I like my edibles very strong. If you want smaller portions of pie, use a larger amount. If you want to eat a lot, go minimal. Finding the sweet spot takes a bit a of experimentation.

I’ve been making edibles for over a decade and I never decarb shit unless it’s fresh material. I also bake everything at around 320 because that’s how I was thought and I’m too lazy to challenge what’s worked for me.
MedFaced is online now Quote

Old 07-11-2019, 04:55 AM #3
Amynamous

Amynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of lightAmynamous is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedFaced View Post
I use around 1/2-1oz give or take per cup of butter/oil. I like my edibles very strong. If you want smaller portions of pie, use a larger amount. If you want to eat a lot, go minimal. Finding the sweet spot takes a bit a of experimentation.

Iíve been making edibles for over a decade and I never decarb shit unless itís fresh material. I also bake everything at around 320 because thatís how I was thought and Iím too lazy to challenge whatís worked for me.
Thanks, but when you say 1/2-1oz, are you referring to flower or kief?

Old 07-11-2019, 05:34 AM #4
MedFaced

MedFaced has a spectacular aura aboutMedFaced has a spectacular aura aboutMedFaced has a spectacular aura aboutMedFaced has a spectacular aura about
Kief, hash. I like my meds very very strong. My wife will literally take one bite of a brownie and she’s in outer space. She doesn’t smoke, vape, but eats edibles daily. I dose them up into 1.5 sq inch brownies for myself and feel great for at least 4-6 hours. I make my meds strong because I don’t like to eat a lot of sweets in one sitting.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:39 AM #5
MagusWay
Banned

MagusWay will become famous soon enough
a lot of old stoners round my way said they dont decarb shit.so i aint decarbing my weed
MagusWay is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2019, 07:02 PM #6
Amynamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedFaced View Post
Kief, hash. I like my meds very very strong. My wife will literally take one bite of a brownie and sheís in outer space. She doesnít smoke, vape, but eats edibles daily. I dose them up into 1.5 sq inch brownies for myself and feel great for at least 4-6 hours. I make my meds strong because I donít like to eat a lot of sweets in one sitting.
Thanks. I appreciate your input. I was thinking 1 gram might be too much. haha
If Kief averages 40-50%thc, then 1gram would be ~ 400-500 milligrams. Divide by 8 slices, comes out to 50-62.5 milligrams per slice. To me, that seems like a lot. Iím probably a light weight. 😉

I can handle smoking/vaping too much, but edibles are a different story. I have a deep respect for edibles.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:18 PM #7
MedFaced

It’s always best to be conservative until you have your system dialed in. No one knows the self like the self. My wife seems to enjoy 50mg for casual and 100mg for sleepy knock out time. The best part is that your experiment will likely be delicious no matter what you choose! Besides, you can always add or take away later.

Be safe and have fun!