What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New to growing the right way!

D

Double_Gulp420

Hey guys! I currantly have 3 Skittles and 3 Blue Dream seedlings that I germed with the ole school paper towel, baggie, and a warm spot! I have planted them into straight Happy Frog soil in regular doubled up solo cups one with holes in the bottom for drainage and another with the bottom cut out to give it extra stability! I was being cheap!! It works though! SO I a have just been minimally watering them till they pop and start to establish themselves. After they are established I will transplant them into 5 gallon buckets in a mixture of 50/50 FFOF and Happy Frog?? Ive heard this will sustain the ocean forest and feed the plants longer naturally? IS this true? AND now on to my shame of using miracle grow or whatever back in the day fertilizer issues....Now that I am doing things right I am just wondering where I should go from here and how do I judge how long my soil will feed them before I need to add some supplements or nutrients? Should I go with Fox Farm nutes since I am using there soil?? I al so see allot of people use cal mag is that something I should look into? Just looking for information while I am scouring all of the faqs and forums as well!

Everyone be safe and try and stay well!!

P.S. Here is a link to my lil setup! Nothin crazy yet but It can be!!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=379172
LOL

D

Double_Gulp420

Well I never did hear anything back on here so I went ahead and ordered the whole fox farms shebang!! So for now until I hear or see, hear, or read otherwise Im just gonna follow there schedule and cross my fingers!! Everyone be safe and take care of your elderly neighbors! Be kind!!!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I'm right behind you with a first time legit grow. I have a lot of FF stuff in the soil mix, and will use nutes also this run.

So what strains are you running?

Good luck on your effort. Get your posts over 50, and the site works better. SC 4 word game is one way to put up easy posts.

Pics also help. I am looking for a camera to document my feeble attempt.

D

Double_Gulp420

I am running feminized Skittlez and Blue dream from Captain Redbeard! My wife loves both of those and she is patient as well and she ok'd my initial investment on equipment, beans, soil, nutes, etc.! So she gets first dibs!!! I already have so many other ideas.......Trying to stay legit though!!!I am actually thinking about going hydro just so I can do cloning a little easier and or keeping a mother plant. I want to do a perpetual grow as well so buying new soil can get expensive!!!! Another pro of hydro. Con I know nothing about it!!!!I'm a dirt and chicken shit farmer who loves to grow anything and everything!!! All this new technology and soils and nutes gives me anxiety on its own lol!!! I tend to overthink everything so I am always worrying about messing up an expensive plant! Just like messing up smoking an expensive briscuit or cut of meat!!! I am going ot look into that SC 4 game! See what that does I think it was like that when i first joined but I can't even remember my email from then and its been inactive. Although its posted in the DIY of hte old canna I think in the microscope section lol! I'm medicated so I ramble and lately I have been allot squirrell! Allot goin on in life!!!!! Be safe and take care of one another!