What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mold on weed (curing stage)

Noobgrow

Hi, this Is nu First growing session, and i am at the curing/drying stage.
Buds are on 2 week of curing and a strange web/mold appears on them.
Whats Is? I Hope there s a way out to Smoke /Save the Buds.
Thank you for who help me.

Attachments

• IMG_20210105_190533_687.jpg
    IMG_20210105_190533_687.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20210105_190526_803.jpg
    IMG_20210105_190526_803.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 63

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That sucks man I lost a jar of my last GG harvest cause I jarred them too wet and the same thing happened. Mold is EVERYWHERE, it just needs the correct conditions to germinate.

imiubu

Ouch, sorry :(
I have read that folks will 'wash' their moldy buds by immersing them in H202.

As much as it sucks to loose a harvest, I'd personally not chance consumption of moldy buds even if "washed".

Best.

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Trash it.

Next time carefully inspect your very single bud, also the insides. Usually mold stops spreading in low rh when the plant is cut but some plants will have a tiny bit of budrot which will be a starter for molding everywhere.

Maybe dry them with more air circulation and lower rh.

Cheers

Noobgrow

I understood :(
Bit, even if i make butter or oil or something else?
Washing in H20? Mmm, mold Is not a spider web that you can Simply wash. I think

Noobgrow

Buds was in a Little grow box, full dark, RH really i dont know cuz them are in a closed box, but in the same room i have a large DWC system for other plants. I was think that Is no important, cuz them are in a closed box.

Greenheart

Veteran
:comfort:

Man total bummer! Growing is only part of it for sure. Read up on curing. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237

Make sure to have airflow next time. Not a lot. Some. Do not jar until you get stem snap.

Buy a hygrometer. It costs less than 8th and will save you headache.

Finally, Throw it away. Clean up everything if you haven't. You don't want it spreading.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Do a little reading about water curring. I use it to clean unwanted flavours/tastes from weed that has been contaminated with organic pesticide. I have read that it can be used to remove mold from bud, although i've not done so myself.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Do a little reading about water curring. I use it to clean unwanted flavours/tastes from weed that has been contaminated with organic pesticide. I have read that it can be used to remove mold from bud, although i've not done so myself.
I heard it used for PM not mold.

St. Phatty

it's not impossible to save parts of the bud.

I had some bud with mold last year. Put those pieces in the freezer. There was plenty of smoke-able bud near the mold. Very well cured, a pleasure to smoke.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Water curing and freezing it will NOT remove the spores

Not a good time to have a problem with your lungs either