What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me set up a tent

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks Mr Beans! Mr Switcher, the place I bought the tents/lights from sells the 8' tall tent @ $325, so I didn't pay extra. That extra 12" will come in more handy inside the tent, than gathering dust on top of the tent on space I can't use. For example, more soil depth. I had to deviate from the instructions a tad to get them together - put the top frame together with the cover on, and managed to connect the tubes to it. The fan exhaust flow is worked out, intakes still TBD. I may connect the intakes between the tents at the bottom together, and still need to filter the intake air that will come in from each side of the tents at the bottom.

As can be seen though, I will only be able to access from the front. I am considering a 2' x 4' x ? fabric bed in back of the flower tent, that will stay there. I can still individual scrog the front two spots with totes, and I need place for my water control bucket.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
So the exhaust vent system is in. It takes air from the first tent and sends it to the second tent:

DSC00844.JPG

The second tent adds it's own air and combines the flows and sends it out:

DSC00843.JPG

Through the wall, where a 8" 200 CFM fan and vent hood await.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have the tent controls tucked away in an adjacent room closet. Makes things nice and discreet, plus I can check the status of the tents, and make changes, without opening the lung room door.

Attachments

• photo2025303.jpg
    photo2025303.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I added a video security system and have some of the camera channels put to clandestine use. Here is the view of the flower tent, from the other side of the house... This live view somewhat satisfies my urges to go in the lung room and look at the plants. This system will allow remote viewing of the cams, and will send a video if motion is detected. I do not have my video system hooked to the internet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00288.JPG Views:	0 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	17804533

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Some things I want, but they aren't made yet.

First is a way to raise and lower the light with a elec motor. Up /stay / down. I believe those would sell well.

I want a wet wall swamp cooler controlled on humidity, so I will make one of those. A towel hanging on the side wall, water sprayed on by a pump, controlled by an inkbird. Moduleize.

Edit 3/30. I finally got around to moving in a cabinet for the supplies. This really helps keep the room clean looking.

"We ain't growing no dope here". (And man, ain't that the truth!).

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00357.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	17819752 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00358.JPG Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	17819753

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
These side by side tents have always run hot, and that restricts the light power. Also messes up the trics. The problem is the tents are side by side against a wall, so only ONE bottom opening is exposed unobstructed. I have known from the get-go that I need to put in a pusher fan and HEPA filtered air. my design had me getting out a table saw and making boxes from plywood. Never got started. I finally got around to doing it.

I ordered 2 each 6" ACInfinity S6 fans. Cut a 6" dia hole in one end, taped the two boxes together ene to end. I cut an openong in one side that fits the filter, hooked a 6" hose to the fan, put the fan in the box, taped the filter on the hole, and ran the hose into the tent.

THIS. WORKS. GREAT! I think this will get rid of the mud I see when I make butter. Hopefully stop th SM and ote rcritters too. No light comes out of the tent through the side flaps, or the filter.

The exhaust fan is set at 6, the pusher fan at 3. The sides of the tent definately show positive pressure. The tent is about 6 degrees over lung room, even though I jacked the umoles up a bunch.

A bigger filter would make it last longer.

DSC01555.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The little air box is working fantastic. I should have done this from the start. it took me 1/2 hour to make it from stuff I had laying around. The next one will have more filter area, so the filter lasts longer.

DSC01560.JPG

I have a SIP control box in the big tent, so tee is always water in there. I made a lid with hole, cut of the lower part of a bucket and cut 8 holes in the top part. Stacked that cut up bucket into the controlbox bucket, put on the lid, stuffed the hose in te lid, and now I have a swamp cooler. The holes direct the air to the whole lower part of the tent. As the air blows on the water it evaporates it naturally, making the air right where it needs to be for VPD. I laid a couple socks in there to wick, so this is a swamp cooler now. I have an idea to hang wicks, but this is keeping the Rh and temps well already.

Call it the 'swamper'. and this is a great improvement. We'll see how the plants do. This sure beats having a huey on top of the bucket, making the tent hot, needing refilling, and adding too much moisture,

DSC01573.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I finally had to admit I needed a lung room AC and forced filtered air. Done. Shoulda done this from the get-go. That 1900 filter is one month of constant running, new one behind it is whiter.

DSC01680.JPG

It is bothering me that I don't have a cabinet that acts as the air 'conditioner' for the air that is fed into the tent, controlled along with the light. Do the plants want cold and dry air at night?

Last edited: