What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

lighters

dddaver

Veteran
I usually smoke pipes. I don't like Bic lighters as the new ones don't have adjustable flames. I prefer not burning off my nose-hairs. :biggrin: I usually get Scripto. So I decided to just get a rechargeable.

But most are torches. I don't think I need one. I have a small rechargeable torch in the drawer from the wife's cigarette smoking days. The flame's not adjustable though.

Some sites on Google say a disposable lighter can be recharged. But I'm skeptical though. I bet just certain kinds can be recharged. I'll just find regular rechargeable.

mexweed

Veteran
look up clipper lighters, they have adjustable flame, are refillable, and the sparker wheel pulls out and has a joint packer/bowl stirrer

prune

Veteran

Gry

Brings to mind the commercial for the original colibri touch sensor .
The one in which the landing of the butterfly ignites the lighter..
I now use a dollar store special which I modified as to make it

refillable .. they call it a gator or something similar

dddaver

Veteran
Thanks guys. I ordered a refillable, adjustable flame, metal clipper. You can change the flint on those too. That tamper feature is great but I already use a fantastic pipe tool that came with my CFX.

Gry

Hope it works well for you. Neat thread, often wondered what others do for fire.

mexweed

Veteran
I just use the larger sized bics, too many times with butane torches they went flamethrower after a refill to ever consider a refillable smaller lighter

RawNature

anyone ever try to vape the weed with a lighter and turning your pipe at like a 45 degree angle? i have been doing ti for years and you get way more flavour and the bud lasts longer. just got to get the technique down.

Cvh

Supermod
I use what is called a dual arc electric lighter.
It works by creating a double electric arc between 4 probes.

These work excellent. They also don't use gas. I just have to charge them like a phone once in a while and the battery last quite a time too.

They are also cheap, between 5-15 usd on AliExpress including shipping.

This is the best design with the arcs open and in front and not blocked by the probes.
(In some designs you need to close the cover to shut it off, so don't panic if pressing the button again doesn't shut it off...)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 51ffb472-8a65-40dc-94c4-085f77223d16.jpg
    51ffb472-8a65-40dc-94c4-085f77223d16.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 56

Cvh

Supermod
If you are looking for a dual arc plasma lighter then avoid the following designs.

The best type is the one I posted a picture off in my previous post. These can be used to light even a pipe or a bowl. The other types are the arcs blocked off by the probes.

The following picture is a design that's only good to light spliffs/cigarettes with. These are not good to light a pipe or a bowl with because the arcs don't go in the bowl.

The second picture is a bit off a better design, but it's still not the one you want because the arcs are on top. Many times the lighter cap gets in the way if you want to light a bowl. You want one with the arcs in the front, see my previous post in the thread for the best design

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hb9761e9fa0e945a8a243074990bf98adV.jpg
    Hb9761e9fa0e945a8a243074990bf98adV.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 51B8IffPSHL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    51B8IffPSHL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 49

Cvh

Supermod
^I just checked the specs. It might also be 'just' an arc lighter. They are very unclear about how it works.

Please post an update if you have it and managed to test it.

A real burning laser should project a dot that burns a bit the same like when you toy around with a magnifier glass.

An arc lighter generates plasma between probes.

Cvh

Supermod
This dude is a using what looks like a 0,5w to max 1w portable laser to light a cigarette with.
Still very weak in wattage, but already wickedly dangerous, especially for your eyes.

[YOUTUBEIF]9PhaJBHP5J4[/YOUTUBEIF]

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
^I just checked the specs. It might also be 'just' an arc lighter. They are very unclear about how it works.

Please post an update if you have it and managed to test it.

A real burning laser should project a dot that burns a bit the same like when you toy around with a magnifier glass.

An arc lighter generates plasma between probes.
I just got it and it turns out it is an arc lighter not a laser lighter so I am getting a refund.