What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Tent on the Market

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
i have only used Secert Jardin but my friend had it before me and its been going around 5 years now. its still in fairly good condition zip still works perfect. worth the investment.

sprinkl

Veteran
Got a homebox with light leaks... Next time I'm getting some wood, screws and black/white plastic foil.

Am tent shopping For a secret jardin DR300W Grow tent. Dimensions are roughly 5x10. I'd like to run 2000w air cooled with an 8" vortex fan in my basement which generally runs in the 60's all summer. Will the fan be able to keep the temps in check with ambient temps in the 60's? Thanks

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Am tent shopping For a secret jardin DR300W Grow tent. Dimensions are roughly 5x10. I'd like to run 2000w air cooled with an 8" vortex fan in my basement which generally runs in the 60's all summer. Will the fan be able to keep the temps in check with ambient temps in the 60's? Thanks

IMO, yes, an 8" good quality fan is enough for 2 1000w air cooled lights in a tent.

Bahamut

I've used 4 different brands and I like secret jardin the most especially their newer updated tents. If you want a bang for your buck some of the popular cheap amazon tents are good as long as you don't plan on moving them much.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
not to be redundant but the secret jardin is only 7' tall, the Gorilla Tents have that 8' ceiling which IMO puts them way ahead of the competition. ALso the tent and poles themselves are pretty top notch.

S

skeezo

Yeah, listen to lil weezy n go gorillaz!..you'll be wishing u spent the extra skrill, once ur eBay knockoff caves in!!..

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
Shcrews tent city is so cool looking great job man making me so jealous :). either the seceret jardin or gorillaz up to OP which you want to purchase. these two seem like the best two on the market.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm trying to expand right now with a tent.

Was thinking of getting two 3x3's for some monocropping :D

But maybe 1 big gorrilla is worth it :D

330$ for 3x3 gorilla - 400$ for 5x5... I have the space - what ta dooooo!!!!

Jnugg

Veteran
For that price,if you have the proper lighting and ventilation/cooling,go with the 5x5.

StoneyK

Veteran
Reflective foam insulation... fuck a tent.
Way cheaper works better.
If your smart you can reuse them just like a tent we moved my cousins room 3 times now.

StoneyK

Veteran
Sorry dont mean to step on toes or piss anyone off. Ive got a 4x8 sunhut and a 4x4. They both been good to me the 4x8 has some zipper issues on the huge door in one spot but ive moved them countless times.
They sit in my garage in a corner now.
Humidity control can be a real pain with a tent because of the ambient temps and the fabric being thinner. You tend to get lots of condensation an I live in the friggin desert.
Make a small 1x1 wood frameframe some reflecrive foam use reflecrive tape on the insides. 0 light leaks much better insulation an no condensation on the walls.
Its super easy to work with too.
If you think you would like to try id be more than happy to help with any tricks ive learned using it.

GreenGuts

What's the significant differences between the 2.0 and 2.5 versions of SJ tents? I just bought a 2.0 on purpose because the 2.5 tents come with plastic connectors for the cross bars on top where you hang stuff from versus the 2.0 tents have 1 solid piece of metal for the cross bars.

GreenGuts

I can't edit my post above.

I just wanted to add to the discussion and throw in my 2 cents.

I've been running a 400w CMH in a DR60 2.0 model from Secret Jardin for over a year, I haven't had any issues with it - solid tent. There are light leaks but they are pin hole size and what I've done is line all the seams with black duck tape on the outside - no problem. I use a 6" inline fan that really sucks the sides of the tent in so there's a lot of negative pressure inside the tent and it hasn't ripped or torn at any seams and the zipper is still working fine. You could also add a strip of duck tape to the inside where the zipper is, if you wanted to ensure zero light leaks from the zipper area.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Original homebox

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

secret jardin

picture.php
picture.php