What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coca cola looking to branch into cannabis infused drinks

scrogrow

OK well this was a surprise

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this

Personally I remember hearing of cocain being an original ingredient in the recipe

However now this.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45545233
(original link)

Or if you are enjoying reading on the global movement that is icmag then, here I have copied and pasted!

Coca-Cola 'in talks' over cannabis-infused drinks
1 hour ago
Share this with Facebook Share this with WhatsApp Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Coca-Cola is best known for its eponymous caffeine-based drink, but the firm now appears to be experimenting with a different drug: cannabis.

According to Canada's BNN Bloomberg, the drinks giant is in talks with local producer Aurora Cannabis about developing marijuana-infused beverages.

These would not aim to intoxicate consumers but to relieve pain.

The firm declined to comment but said it was watching the cannabis drinks market closely.

"Along with many others in the beverage industry, we are closely watching the growth of non-psychoactive cannabidiol as an ingredient in functional wellness beverages around the world," Coca-Cola said in a statement.

Corona beer firm pours $4bn into weed
Cannabis debate: What you need to know
Cannabidiol, a constituent of cannabis, can help ease inflammation, pain and cramping, but has no psychoactive effect.

It comes as Canada prepares to follow certain US states in legalising cannabis for recreational use, after years of permitting it for medicinal purposes.

It has given rise to a large pot growing industry and some high-profile partnerships.

Earlier this year, beer giant Molson Coors Brewing said it would make cannabis-infused drinks with Hydropothecary, while Corona-beer maker Constellation Brands invested $4bn more into pot firm Canopy Growth.

A partnership between Coke and Aurora would mark the first entry of a major manufacturer of non-alcoholic drinks into the market.

'Recovery drink'
Quoting unnamed sources, BNN Bloomberg said Coca-Cola was in "serious talks" with Aurora but no deal had been finalised.

"They're pretty advanced down the path" of doing a deal, one source was quoted as saying.

"It's going to be more of the 'recovery drink' category," the source added.

Aurora, in a separate statement, said it would not discuss business development initiatives until they were finalised, but added: "Aurora has expressed specific interest in the infused beverage space, and we intend to enter that market."

Coca-Cola's shares rose marginally in early trade on Monday

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It’s crazy times we live in. Everything is scaling up fast and the money will dictate the rules. I just hope that the people will always be able to grow their own. I gotta say a sugar free electrolyte filled Sativa party drink and beer will be what old people drink.

Nico Farmer

picture.php

picture.php

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
They just bought Costa coffee for 4 billion..

Shame in a way they took the cocaine out of it and didn't legally undercut the CIA backed "mexican drug gang" paradigm proxy war destabilizing central America.. The CIA just flys all that coke straight in to military bases lol.. same shit goes on in the UK, the government doesn't like competition..

I wish people would stop feeding that beast. Coca cola I mean, but the same thing goes for voting.

Coca colas a fuckin drug gang.. Sugar's one of the most deadly drugs.. Before cane sugar the sweetest thing you would get to eat would be a blueberry pie with no added sugar.. a can of coke is practically a week's worth of sugar in one syringe.. insulin resistance anyone? :yummy:

But now all the soft drinks in the UK have had to change to artificial sweeteners which have long been proven to be worse than sugar for the body in various ways.. our ancestors would think we were suicidal..

Last edited:
T

Teddybrae

Ha Ha ... what else could we expect? What was the Doors line: " .... in the goldmine"? "Wierd scenes", maybe.

Brother Nature

dddaver

Veteran
Coca-Cola is pretty gross anyways. It is very useful as a rust remover though said:
Takes the blood off the roadways after car crashes too. Some cops keep a liter of Coke in the trunk of their cars for just that purpose.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahhh yes!!!

There's nothing more refreshing that a bud in your can of pH down after a hard day at work!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CBD is really poplular around here, because it works! There are shops opening that specialize in it! :smoke:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Takes the blood off the roadways after car crashes too. Some cops keep a liter of Coke in the trunk of their cars for just that purpose.
Recall using it to eat away flesh/bones during high school Biology class dissecting the frog.

After seeing what it does, I drink root beer (microbrewed) or ginger ale/ginger beer.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
cannabis infused beverages do not necessarily mean Coke. i will try it when (if?) it comes out and would also appreciate their adding the cocaine again. i need a little pick-me-up now and then...:biggrin: