What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

open ventilaton bace,aprox 2-3 weeks?cut today first mapa what dry couple days,its like 2 euro coins,outer shell and insaid moist center

cob surface come like oily wery stiky,i think the heat make surface trichom "safety shield" for moisture
brobably fuked shield when cut? anyway its was near 50g when start,hope its left near 30g when ready

Last edited:
kookied you have to read this thread and you find answer.

after 2 h when smoke test cob come feeling i smoke more,stand up and start walking,its look like pingvin,go back netflix :) dosent need smoke more

thanks tangwena.
I try to minimize the time that can mold,
only a little scratchy surface with this ripening.
probably 3 months and next mapa ripenig,that i but half,first half i but sauna sweating and let cure normaly after that,second i do traditional way 10-14 day dry and month slow cure.

Sundog

COB GONE WRONG

COB GONE WRONG

during the holidays festivities I forgot to take the cob out to dry When I did remember this is what I found.
I cut off all the mold and let the rest dry. It's just for me and I'm ok with smoking it.

Attachments

• IMG_3529.jpg
    IMG_3529.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 32

Tangwena

Veteran
during the holidays festivities I forgot to take the cob out to dry When I did remember this is what I found.
I cut off all the mold and let the rest dry. It's just for me and I'm ok with smoking it.
That is why you need to either fully dry or vacuum seal the cobs my friend.
Fully dry it and the mold will dry to a powder which can be surgically cut off quite easily its usually only on the surface and easy to remove.
It wouldn't bother me either once you cut off the mold its good as gold.

Tangwena

Veteran
Mulanje sugar sugar 3 weeks cured

Mulanje sugar sugar 3 weeks cured

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

These will now be sealed up to age and cure further for the next 3 to 6 months thats when the real magic occurs cant wait to taste them after aging.

eat litle cob yesterday and drink 4 beer,have to said i was really hig long time.
try this morning again fit milk and coffee,dosent feel really any different after 3h.
next time fit 4cl vodka

Tangwena

Veteran
eat litle cob yesterday and drink 4 beer,have to said i was really hig long time.
try this morning again fit milk and coffee,dosent feel really any different after 3h.
next time fit 4cl vodka
I prefer aged cob at least 1 month old and no alcohol if the pot is strong and cured well you shouldn't need anything extra.
But to each his own how much by weight did you have?
Most people seem to need 0.5g to 1.0g but I find o.25 is very strong and enough to get high all day long I think it depends if you smoke.
Smokers have a high tolerance to overcome in the first place I think.

Tangwena

Veteran
Honduras x Panama fem 12 months aged

Honduras x Panama fem 12 months aged

I just cant stop using this stuff it gives me such a euphoric rushing buzz.
Right now I chewed some about 0.5g 45 mins ago and my eyes are like dishes and my nose is cold like I had some coke on a freezing day.
Yesterday I helped cut down 5 big trees I was up ladders like a monkey on speed ha ha. This stuff is the elixir of life for me ha ha.
Super trippy in higher doses like I took today see you on the other side.

picture.php
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Gonna try my hand at cobbing again. I think this is my fourth go.
Re-upped my vacbags, wifey received a rice cooker for Christmas. Might try that this time instead of the Crock-Pot.

This time will be some very frosty Bangi Haze buds. Interested in smelling how cobbing changes the Bangi smell and taste.
Also thought about throwing in a few grams of some pink bud. A pink streaked cob!!

Tangwena

Veteran
Gonna try my hand at cobbing again. I think this is my fourth go.
Re-upped my vacbags, wifey received a rice cooker for Christmas. Might try that this time instead of the Crock-Pot.

This time will be some very frosty Bangi Haze buds. Interested in smelling how cobbing changes the Bangi smell and taste.
Also thought about throwing in a few grams of some pink bud. A pink streaked cob!!
Bangi haze should be awesome from what I have read online.
Please post pics my friend you could end up making gold with that strain.
Its like making love making cobs, the more you do it the better and more artistic you get with it.

E

ESTERCHASER

Harvested at Christmas 3 different style cures.

View Image View Image View Image View Image

im looking at these pictures in wonderment and amazement esp because they seem to be hashy looking chunks of flower.....not too too off from the OLD school tobacco my logging boss used to chew called redman plug, i used to pick tobacco in my younger years and i think getting the juice up and down my arms during my teen years made me really not interested in tobacco products as an adult, i digress its a good thing too with how fond of cannabis i am.
To me it seems like to COBS slowly ferment the flower a bit if that sounds ok as a description......IM a firm believer that anything fermented right is enhanced, kinda like adding bacon you cant go wrong. what a wonderful thread!

Tangwena

Veteran
im looking at these pictures in wonderment and amazement esp because they seem to be hashy looking chunks of flower.....not too too off from the OLD school tobacco my logging boss used to chew called redman plug, i used to pick tobacco in my younger years and i think getting the juice up and down my arms during my teen years made me really not interested in tobacco products as an adult, i digress its a good thing too with how fond of cannabis i am.
To me it seems like to COBS slowly ferment the flower a bit if that sounds ok as a description......IM a firm believer that anything fermented right is enhanced, kinda like adding bacon you cant go wrong. what a wonderful thread!
Thank you my friend I also was put off smoking tobacco after working at B.A.T (British American Tobacco) as a youngster.
Seeing the massive curing sheds was crazy, the smell of the curing leaf was wonderful.
They used to spread the chopped up stalk on the lawns surrounding the building. When it rained it decomposted with the most amazing smells.
This finished product (cobs) would be very similar to chewing tobacco I should imagine.

I have never chewed tobacco but the aged cobs are very long lasting 8 to 12 hrs if you chew the right amount of a good cob.
Smoked it is very mild on the lungs a lot smoother than fresh dried bud.

Tangwena

Veteran
Honduras x Panama fem 12 months aged.

Honduras x Panama fem 12 months aged.

Here are 2 cures on the same plant the first is a deep trippy cure.

The second is a more loose stringy (like stringy rolling tobacco).
The cob is not dense but spongy and when the slice is broken open you can see the stringy nature perfect for rolling joints.
The smell is earthy pine, the taste chewed is spicy peppery pine.
The effects are fast acting euphoric energy perfect for making your day seem heavenly and beautiful like you just saw everything for the first time.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

F

Fermented

and beautiful like you just saw everything for the first time.

that's the number one quote of this thread! Nice one Tang.

i still vividly remember the first time I got high.....three mates and myself smoked a jay and then we all walked out to the middle of a cricket pitch (sort of same as being in the middle of the diamond in baseball). We all laid on our backs with our heads close together and watched in amazement, wonder and laughter at the changing shapes of the clouds.....then we played cricket for 20 minutes without a ball and laughed until it hurt. I was 12 then and I knew there and then that cannabis and I would always be friends!.

Latest posts

Latest posts