What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plastic material for DIY reservoir?

ChenBenTz

I'd like to construct a custom reservoir but I'm not sure which material to create the inner lining from. I'm referring to the plastic that is used in a Flexitank.

Input is appreciated.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HDPE is a standard inert container plastic. Food grade to boot.

What do you mean by Flexitank and liner? Quick google shows a rain barrel and a bladder system for shipping containers.

ChenBenTz

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. Something like this.

Except the only place I found it was Alibaba, so I figured I could just make my own.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I remember seeing a bunch of things like this at farms, only larger. Like huge bags of water almost, I'm pretty sure those were polyethylene like Mikell said. If you are going the alibaba route look for polyethylene fish tanks, those might be cheaper than something for "farming".