What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydra!

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
I'm out of space for albums so I guess i'll have to start posting more.

I'll document some of my grows in here. Earlier stuff is in my journals.

First up is Foghorn. I can't remember the exact cross right now but the mom is a selected cut of GoldRush x (a male).

I popped 5 seeds, only 4 came up.

they seemed pretty uniform after 1 week. 2 distinct phenos. 2 wider leaf and 2 skinnier leaf.

picture.php

picture.php

Wide Leaf

picture.php

picture.php

Skinny Leaf

the site i was hosting all the pics on this first page...changed servers or something. gotta fix

Last edited:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Somewhere near or about the week 2 mark I noticed they were getting distinct.
the skinny leaf phenos showed a larger space between the leaflets than the wider leaf pheno. the wider leaf phenos also have a characteristic crinkle in the leaf of the second set of leaves.

picture.php

picture.php

skinny leaf pheno. notice the wide gap between leaflets.

picture.php

picture.php

wide leaf phenos. notice the distinctive leaf crinkle and the look similar to strawberry leaves. already they have a strong fruity berry smell like I've noticed on all the indica's I've grown. sativa types seem to smell more citrus on the rub.

picture.php

strawberry leaf

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
picture.php

In week 3 somewhere one of my wide leaf phenos suddenly drooped overnight. I dunno why. I suspect fusarium or the nematodes I find attacking my weaker seeds that I plant and never come up. you can see it in the upper right of this pic.

picture.php

closer look. just wilted right the fuck up overnight like all the fusarium pics I've ever seen. there was some sticky bubby looking crap right at the stem where it met the soil too. really grossed me out. I started to toss this shit right in the trash but I am a sucker for challenges. so I decided to try and nurse it back to health. more on that one later.

picture.php

the rest are looking healthy. skinny leaf pheno on left / wide leaf on the right.

picture.php

skinny leaf phenos smells real..."bitter" and "dark" closest I can relate it to is skunky ass and burnt rubber.

picture.php

my remaining wide leaf pheno. smells real fruity and dank. like deep berry smells.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
where am I at... 11 posts...something told me make a new post for each pic but I don't get down like that lol.

Around week 4-5 they were pretty rootbound and I had to water 2x a day. since space would be clearing in flower soon I decided to pot em up.

before in their 4x4 squares.

after in their 5.5" squares

Wide Leaf

Skinny Leaf

Both heavy indica plants with lots and lots of branches. in fact i'm sure these are about the fastest branching plants I've ever grown. pretty much all identical in structure to the mom plants. that one's got some good strong genes in her or maybe I matched her with a good male. I have to go figure out which male I crossed to make these seeds.
not the best pics but you can probably see theres a little space in between the fingers of the skinny leaf plants, whereas on the wide leaf plant the leaflets are all overlapping heavily and some are crowding each other to form the leaf towards a cone shape (largest lower fan on left side of wide leaf, and the uppermost fan on right side).

all are giving off a deep funky skunky smell at this point. making my carbon filter work overtime. I don't even need a stem rub. these bitches stink.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
fast forward some weeks I wasn't too concerned about keeping track of since veg is veg. and because I didn't feel like pulling these fuckers out of my tent to take pics.

I put the largest most space taking one in flower tent since a space opened up and it was looking male but I wasn't sure and I needed confirmation before wasting my time up potting a male just to chop it down a couple weeks later.
you can barely make out his skinny leaf sister in the background sticking her head in for a photobomb.
confirmed male so will be getting the chop treatment in about a week or so right before the sacks start to open. i'll collect the pollen to dust his siblings.

nice structure very close stacking and minimal stretch.

very beautiful leaves. I hate to have to chop it.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
This one I call F-3 i'm not 100% sure what it is, either a seed that fell out of my Florida Diesel #3 or any number of seeds that didn't sprout and I gave up on and tilled into another pot of soil. anyway once day while watering my floradiesel#3 I see a little sprout popping out of the dirt near the edge of the pot so I carefully remove it and repot it into it's own pot.

this was several weeks ago. like 8 or so. this was a long hard road to get to where we are now. this plant was very touchy and roots so slow I accidentally overwatered it several times and had to put it on life support to recover it. these are probably the prettiest pictures it had from when it was a seedling. but all babies are cute right?

this pic here is probably like 4 weeks after those above. barely on it's 5th node and still struggling. very pale and lime green no matter what you feed. no branching at all. as sativa as I've ever seen a plant in a long time.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
fast forward a bunch more weeks...lets call it 5 more. she's finally strong enough to pot up again, and i'm sick of looking at it in my veg tent all pale and frail looking so I pot it up into a bigger pot. not sure what the volume on these are. either 1 gallon or 1.5 gallon. 7" square tapered pots, 8" tall? I think she must have shown sex I typically don't transplant to final container till after I see sex. Anyway she is a girl and with flowering comes the first signs of this not being a hemp plant lol. as in it finally has something coming from the few nodes on it.

I predict she's a heavy sativa leaner. she stretched like a motherfucker in the first 3 days alone. like seriously this plant was roughly 8 inches when I flipped. and 8 days into flower she's over 2 foot and aiming for the bulb.

she's slowing down now. typically I top plants when I flip em to cut down on the upwards stretch and redirect that energy to the branches. but only the clone plants. the seed plants I like to run untopped so I can see their structure.

it might be a floradiesel. it's growing identical to the mom and grandma structure wise.

for reference the grandma

mom and aunts. i'd be lying if I said I could identify which one I called #3.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved

and here we are on day 8 of flower and I must say i'm impressed so far. so many times I thought to myself i'll just chuck this one, or I bet it's a male, but here we are just barely started flowering and i'm already seeing frost out to the tips of the bud leaves. nothing noticeable in the smell dept yet. but this strain hasn't exactly been a stinky one. the mom smells like cherry pie filling, that artificial cherry smell, some sort of wood and varnish and fresh roses. not a strong smell at all, but very unique. the grandmother was a light floral arrangement and citrus smell. original cross is called Atlantic Diesel (ECDxAtlantic Storm) East Coast Diesel, not ECSD which is I dunno original diesel? crossed to a local outdoor strain called atlantic storm. hard to find any info on either of those strains. best guess is ECD = ECSD or OriginalDiesel. Atlantic storm only mention I can find is that it was from the marc emery seed catalogue.
only time will tell if the rest of the Floradiesel seeds I made on purpose are worth popping.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
bush league

bush league

lets see... 25 more to go...

this mess of leaves that you probably can't make out what i'm trying to show you is an unnamed gg#4 cross gg#4xRGT. RGT is early purple kushxcinderella99 female and a skunkxthai male. I didn't make it so I can't remember the exact cross. the first part is correct, the second half I think there might be another thing crossed to the thai. like I said I didn't make it so don't ask me where the cindy came from, which skunk, is it real thai or any of that.
I simply call this pheno (I have 3) DonkeyKong. I needed a gorilla name for it, and it makes really large buds. donkey dicks + king kong? no...I was just thinking about that Nintendo game.

I just put this in flower the other day, largest plant I've ever attempted to flower. I usually do em smaller. but the grow store didn't stock the 1+ gallon pots I usually use anymore so I got this 2 gallon joint, and I had a lot of time to sit it in veg 8 weeks, and it vegges super fast. just imagine if I was topping it and feeding it lots of food.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
this next bunch of leaves...well this one is more viney branches than anything...this is SSH. nope not super silver, Sour Strawberry Haze...or maybe he calls it Strawberry Sour Haze. from CSG (connoisseur) it's SSSDHxStrawberryCough. I just call it strawberry diesel since it's the diesel pheno. had a haze pheno too but I let my friend have it since diesel seems to be the rage these days. personally I liked the haze better and it yielded way more. doesn't look like much of shit right now but come 60 days from now i'll be "proppin floppy sours" to borrow a phrase.

I have a bud pic somewhere. i'll go dig it up.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Finally found some side by side pics of the Skinny leaf Foghorns. the tall one is the male and the short one is female.

top shot on the female. as it's gotten older it seems to lean more indica than the male even though the leaflets are thinner and spread further apart than the wide leaf pheno. it's kind of like an intermediate between the tall thin leaf sativa leaning male and the short squat wide leaf indica leaning pheno.

here's a side by side of their leaves for easier comparison.

male on left / female on right.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved

this is pre-98 bubba kush. my second run with her, the first time I just let her go natural. well I didn't do any pruning, I topped it a few times for clones. I got one to root. lol this is it. I took a couple of lower branches off this one before I flipped it. 2 rooted, I lost one later on in a root mangling accident. I forgot the soil was wet when I went to transplant. ripped those roots right the fuck off that clone. the second one survived and has been in critical care a month or so. not like these things don't veg slow as a bitch as it is, but I've had to nurse my only clone back to life. it's finally starting to get big. by big I mean it's 3 inches tall now instead of the 2 inches it was a month ago lol.
anyway this time around I ran it untopped, and I defoliated it. stripped it bare when I flipped it, and I just stripper her bare again at day 28...aka about 2 days ago. I only left these few large single blade reveg leaves and the bud leaves. we shall see if this effects the size of the lower buds. the first run the colas were large up top and progressively smaller ,although still fairly dense, popcorn buds as the went down. due to lack of light directly to buds no doubt. maybe just this strain, I dunno seems like buds on other strains still get big without direct light.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
alright that's enough for now. i'm pretty much out of shit to show and tell without going to my veg tent. which is mostly a couple clones of what I have shown already and a couple seedling trays with like 1 seedling in each lol. the seed sprouting gods have not been smiling on me lately. going through my bagseed collection for now till I figure out why nothing wants to live. not losing any more rarities.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
here today I have another gg#4xRGT i'm about to murder to pieces. nanners all over the place after week 5. luckily none of them open before harvest. but still, pollinates itself and too risky to keep.
Apeshit pheno @ 59 days

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
I've actually got one more clone i'm going to flower with very low feed see if it still nanners. haven't figured out if it just does that or if it's because of high EC. first time I ran it from seed it was way overfed, this run was much better, but still got a little hot towards mid flower.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
after a quick turbo post to 50...back to the Foghorns. I took the male out to let the flowers open in the veg tent and collect the pollens. rotated in the 3rd one to flower gonna top this one since it's almost identical to the #2.

Here's the #1 male(skinny leaf pheno) and the #3 female(wide leaf pheno) side by side

#2 female(short skinny leaf pheno) in the back next to the #3 in the foreground
#3 solo shot closeup of the tight leaflets forming a cone shape in the leaf. also topped it before throwing it in.