What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best blueberry you have grown smell/taste..

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
here is my list of blueberrys for next year..blue hashplant,berry bomb,strawberry blue,northernlight blue,blue kush,FMS blue cheese..im also thinking about blueberry headband but not sure how it will fair in my humid climate outdoors...anyone ran the BBHB and if so is it really as mold resistant as emerald triangle claims?

here is my list of blueberrys for next year..blue hashplant,berry bomb,strawberry blue,northernlight blue,blue kush,FMS blue cheese..im also thinking about blueberry headband but not sure how it will fair in my humid climate outdoors...anyone ran the BBHB and if so is it really as mold resistant as emerald triangle claims?

I am about to do a run of Northern Light Blue, but apparently it smells like Blueberry, but never tastes like it. Maybe there is a pheno that does, but I have not heard of one.

Relentless

Veteran
unfortunately ive been disappointed in every blueberry plant Ive grown :( On most days I have a blueberry muffin in the morning and am reminded of that hahaha. For real, I would LOVE to work in blueberry into og. A few years back I was supp to get dabney, wish I would have. I hear shes bb muffin thru and thru

A

acridlab

Couple up to date shots,, This b.a.t.f is no slouch.. in my top 3 from seed. And we've ran over 35/40 different strains since o9. PEACE
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

CHEFfy

Almost forgot the schnazzleberry #2... Think she is 75% blueberry and the smell and crushing high shines through. Ran her for a few years and am kinda missing her, might be time to crack the other pack I have in storage!

G

growhigh1233

as with most seed lines,blueberry is a numbers game, took 2 packs of dj shorts to find a half decent blueberry !.....

the best blueberry iv found was in dp regulars .... a true blueberry indica, very stable, never hermies, intense sweet blueberry smell,

took a 40 seed grow to find it ........which just isnt realistic for the majority of growers

rolandomota

Veteran
The best way is to make many f2 seeds. I laugh when people kill their males. How shortsided.lol get it? Short?

Corsaire

Veteran
For the moment, the best BB strain I never smoked is a Mt Hood Huckleberry (Dynasty) selected by a friend : rose + loukoum (turkish delight) taste, impressive girl... but not really blueberry in mouth... :)

I planned to cross it with a SD IBL male... Huckleberry Sin is on the way... :woohoo:

G

growhigh1233

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

they do exist ............ this is my 2011 blueberry indica .... pretty much zero stretch, big yields of rock solid nugs with a true blueberry smell

this clone has had a 10 day flush with plain water and is on day 61, side by side with a fresh blueberry clone

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
:dancer: very fine, love those trichs. yummy! good job with berries growhigh :respect:

im missing some fine velvety dreamy euphoric effect of the real blueberry.. :kos:

I am currently growing out some Spicy White Devil aka Blueberry Jack and Jackberry (blueberry x jack herer cross), and I'm hoping it has that blueberry scent and flavor I've been seeking.

Mr.Sparky

Bodhi blueberry moonshine is the best bb out there in seedform my pheno smells like blueberry muffins and dank. Good luck in your quest.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
I have a few beans left of DJ Shorts Blueberry. Actually, got a couple packs of it from him personally out of his briefcase lol, had some stuff signed too haha. But yeah, they all herm out on us. Been iffy on even sprouting the others.

Miraculous Meds

I have a few beans left of DJ Shorts Blueberry. Actually, got a couple packs of it from him personally out of his briefcase lol, had some stuff signed too haha. But yeah, they all herm out on us. Been iffy on even sprouting the others.

My bb seeds hermied a bit more than I liked too. popped 2 packs. 11 females. selected the best 5 females to flower a second time, and almost 0 male flowers on all 5 phenos. I don't know why, but the seed run was way more of a prob than the selected clones run. that was true for all my phenos I kept for a second run. had a pack of azure, cocoa, whitaker, n flo too. all the same. almost 0 male flowers on all of them after the clones were selected for a second flowering. I did have a very small light leak n a heavy fg infestation that didn't help my seed run with the stress.

Something to think about if u find something special with a few male flowers on the seed run.

Ive got 30 bb seeds going now. getting ready to tp n flower within a week or 2. ill let u know how the hermy issues are with them. Im really stoked to do the male reversal on these n find a great bb expression to utilize for breeding. the first 2 males I selected for breeding ended up being sterile. Im pretty sure all the other males I culled produced pollen, lol. my luck.

Golden Tree

Early DJ BB was my fav....however I still love his new BB

Here is A DJ Short F6....I believe.....

Love her....."Purple Menace"

All TLO baby....;)

Thanks Rev....and Dayzed Design image hosting....

Thanks friends

Respects

GT

As I said before I had a hard time with blueberry. Dutch Passion got back to me about the issue and suggested growing outdoors.

Another experience grower suggested using higher spectrum lighting...like 6000k instaed of 3000K ...So MH instaed of HPS.

I also read in Greg Green's book "the cannabis grow bible" that it's important to keep them under 18 -24 horus until they show sex before exposing to 12/12. IN other word, the herm issues could be due to flowering too soon.

Just thought I'd throuw that out there. I still haven't tested these tips, but I will w the remaing BB from DP I have.

Latest posts

Latest posts