What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

first grow, grow cab (micro!), bag seeds

JAHbuds

hello everyone, this is my first grow and i'm very excited. i've been browsing on tons of forums for weeks reading grow logs and gathering as much knowledge as possible. i'm going to try to work with what i have at the moment, i would appreciate any comments or ideas. =)

my setup is:
grow cab
1.5 ft length, 3 ft width, 2.5 ft high

all walls lined with mylar except the top.

for now i have one four inch computer fan as an exaust and a computer fan inside just to blow air around till i can drill an intake hole for it. they are on a 7v ac/dc adapter but i plan on wiring them to a 12v during flowering.

i have a 42w white cfl and a 30w red spectrum cfl at the moment that i'll use for the first week or two then i'll have to go out and possibly buy a 125w one from the hydro shop? i was planning on using only cfls for this grow because i don't think the computer fans will be able to keep it cool in there with an hps.

i'm using foxfarm ocean forest soil, and i'm really not sure what i'm going to do about a nute regimen right now.

i was thinking fish emulsion for the later weeks of veg? i'm aware it smells horrid, so i was thinking about going with the fox farm line of nutes and following the feeding schedule on their site, although that would be very pricey. any reccomendations on nutes?

i was thinking about buying two 125w cfls for the flowering and place all my other ones around and under the plant for higher yield.

since this is my first grow, i thought it would be smart to use a few bagseeds instead of buying premium ones online. we'll see how this goes, from what i hear growing is very addictive. :yummy:

the grow:
i'm thinking only two plants for this grow,

i've already started germinating five bag seeds, all from the same bag, in moist paper towels zipped in a zip-lock.

after they germinate i plan to put them in beer cups with ocean forest soil and water them as needed until the middle of the second week or maybe the third then move them to pots. i still need to decide on nutes and a feeding schedule.

what would be the soonest possible way to find out which plants are girls?

any comments are welcome!

pictures soon!

one love,
JAHbuds :smoke:

pics! (hopefully they'll be better quality after x-mas)
12-11-06_0155.jpg

12-11-06_0156.jpg

12-11-06_0157.jpg

12-11-06_0158.jpg

12-11-06_0159.jpg

Last edited:

pothead82

waz up JAHbud... nice looking grow, small but pretty cool.
1st thing: you are going to need a passive intake for sure, the ladies needs some fresh air in the grow room. About the nutes, go easy on those since is your first grow and it can get pricey, my suggestion would be just get a good flowering nute, i think your soil is already fertilized so let the plants use that up first. I also think that 2x125w is more expensive than 1x200w but i'm not sure...
you should check out the microgrows section here on this forum, tons of great ideas! keep reading till u get sick of it, light a fat one and read some more!! hehehe
good luck man!

JAHbuds

hello again! sorry for the long wait, i got a new camera for christmas and my pictures will be much better quality from here on out =D.

i narrowed it down to one plant from all of the seedlings (starting with 4), so hopefully it's a female!

i was having some problems in the first week and half with (what i think is) pH issues, but the new leaves don't seem to be having any trouble. does it look like i might have had the lights to close?

i'm going to be buying new lights for flowering and nutrients very soon. =)

updated pictures:

DSC00025small.jpg

DSC00026small.jpg

DSC00021small.jpg

DSC00030small.jpg

jaypee89

Nice and simple brud. The way it SHOULD be haha. Might wanna get a couple more plants in there btw. You dont wanna be growing a plant for 2 months only to find out its a male :yoinks:

JAHbuds

hello! thanks to everyone who's on board so far! i'm really not sure how much longer i'm going to keep them in veg. i really need to figure what method i'm going to use for keeping it small (scorg, topping or lst... any suggestions???). i'm also really considering keeping this an all floro grow.

update!

they're so much bigger and it's only been a few days!

DSC00082small.jpg

DSC00079small.jpg

DSC00081small.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
i'll sugest lst if you have a really small space and scrog if you have space and you want tu build it :D. good luck.

jaypee89

Nice looking plant there brud. Instead using tape for your LST, you can try a rubber band around the container. just loop the string around the stem and pull it under the rubber band.

just a little something to make your life easier :yoinks:

JAHbuds

[day 22]
hello everyone!
i topped it as well as fed it its first nutes (fish emulsion) on new years day.

i'm going to start 12/12 tomorrow, purchasing new lights online tomorrow.

DSC00312small.jpg

DSC00320small.jpg

DSC00319small.jpg

DSC00317small.jpg

^^^ two tops!

JAHbuds

finally drilled an intake and a hole for the wires (no more wires out the side of the door). =D started flowering last night.

DSC00369small.jpg

DSC00370small.jpg

DSC00362small.jpg

DSC00353small.jpg

:joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts