What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Serious Seeds AK-47 seed to medicine

Cool. I don't care for feminised seeds either, seems to be a herm waiting to happen. I have grown DP Flo though, damn that was some amazing stuff. I'll give the stuff a try (the grow conditions) and see how it works out, I have 7 Sensi Shiva Skunks, 10 Nirvana Blue Mystics, and 3 DPxSk1 that are coming along nicely now, just starting their first true leaves. Good luck on the others! :wave:

sirharrynuggz

Update...

Update...

Sorry for the lack of updates, the 5 out of 6 males kinda took away my motivation for a while. But now the lone female has been in flower for 7 weeks, and isn't looking bad. Without further ado.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Harry, I grow ak-47 from clone, not from seed. I have always wondered about ways of getting more fems from seed. You said either they are male or female. That may not be true. All plants are the same until hormonal changes take place. With the female it is the production of ethylene gas that makes them female. I was always curious if you could put apples or bananas next to the seeds as they crack, and the escaping ethylene gas would give you a higher ratio of females.

May just be a crackpot idea, but who knows?

G

sirharrynugz: wow, thats quite the recovery from 1/6 females to several generously large tops! looks like you put the same care into just her as you were going to put into all 6 plants together. great job!!

steveoi812

sirharrynugz, your plants look great bro! Very nice! I have a little ak thread in the general growers forum, stop by sometime brother! Looking GREAT!!!

sirharrynuggz

Thanks, irish! I should clarify though... she wasn't actually the only plant in my garden, just the only AK lady. I have had several ladies to keep me busy until this one got to this point. I did keep clones from this one (of course) even though it's not the cherry pheno I was hoping for. She looks like she'll still fill out quite a bit, and could go to ten weeks. We'll see. I'll add new pics on here from now on thru harvest, now that there's actually something to see.

Cool, Steve. I just checked your pics, the plants look great!!

Last edited:

sirharrynuggz

Damn! I tried to bend the branches a little bit, to open up the bottom foliage, and snapped her in half! I was going to let her go at least another 10 days, but I just chopped her down after the accident. Obviously this won't be the AK at it's full potential, but I'll still post a smoke report when she is dry.

G

OMG! So sorry to hear that. She was such a beautiful girl. At least you will be able to try again.

Frozenguy

Veteran
i thought that ak from serious seeds was supposed to be like 47 days flower? i mean, just with a different pheno it can go upwards of 70??