What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grow- Birthday cake, Chemmy jones. Need expert opinions.

Yes you can count on them putting on more weight and size. You're only in week 3 and you're seeing pistils and first bud development. The second 4 weeks of flower will see them fatten up properly.
Just make sure you don't screw your soil with those sticks ! They're slow release for potted household plants and might be breaking down to be usable for the plants, adding lots of nutes, exactly when you want you plants to naturally fade out around week 6-8 of flower (depending on your strain)
Good luck Amigo, and stop acting like a cornered racoon, while most us ARE pot snobs (hehehe) people are here to help you and just because some say your fertiliser of choice sucks (which I agree with I have to say) doesn't justify calling people names.
You will have bud if the mites don't come for your plants, and remember for next time that you can give your plants what they need much better with pretty much everything BUT fertiliser sticks (and a t a better price too).

CC

Thank you. I apologize, just dont like basically being told im screwed out the door. Its a low end first time grow so im just seeing what all it takes and what you get. Thank you for the knowledge and if i knew better in the beginning i would have done better. Jist had some old stuff laying aroind the house, the soil the sticks, theyve been around the house forever and once i got the seeds i said "hey, let me pop these in and see what happens, better than just throwing the seeds out" Once again i apologize. I joined a few closed facebook groups and the guys are super nice and super helpful. I just dont like people basically telling me ive wasted time and screwed something up when thats not it at all. I have 0$ in it and im having fun, they smell great and everyday they grow more. Its a very exciting journey and im glad i did it. I have a Brian berry cough seedling that just sprouted, maybe i should go all out on this one, get the nutes and all the great awesome stuff. Who knows, i just like the journey and im down for another one soon. Thank you guys and im sorry for being a choad.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Unlike you guys. I didnt pump my money into this when a dispensary is 2 blocks down the road. I wont be disappointed in a dam thing considering anything grown is 100% profit lol im winning no matter what.

Thing is, if you really wanna get into it and grow. You'll end up saving more money than you spend at the dispo. More than likely you'll have just as good or better than what they offer. A $20 bag of dirt and a few 5 gal. pails(or any container, I love to recycle stuff) and you can grow more than enough for yourself.

We all are here to help. A lot of us might come off as assholes/elitists, but really we're just trying to help you get the best results possible. Lot's of the mistakes we made, you don't have to make them. We learned the lesson for you.

Thing is, if you really wanna get into it and grow. You'll end up saving more money than you spend at the dispo. More than likely you'll have just as good or better than what they offer. A $20 bag of dirt and a few 5 gal. pails(or any container, I love to recycle stuff) and you can grow more than enough for yourself.

We all are here to help. A lot of us might come off as assholes/elitists, but really we're just trying to help you get the best results possible. Lot's of the mistakes we made, you don't have to make them. We learned the lesson for you.

Thank you. Im just sensitive.

fizz

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that natural and organic grows result in a more terpy final product if done right. I tend to avoid Miracle Grow for practical and ethical reasons.

Anyway, good luck on your first grow. ;)

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey sage, sorry if I came across as a dick. I get a little sensitive myself on occasion. I really hope you get something you enjoy smoking. I will try to restrain my self good luck buddy.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
um i wasnt gonna reply here but, well a few of my friends have piped in so here goes

bro , go get some bigger pots and some good quality soil thats been mentoned here already

uppot into those containers with that soil

dig those sticks out 10 is way too much per container

grab some fish fertilizer from hd or lowes some 5-1-1 and some 1-5-5 it comes in bottles

use the 5-1-1 for the next two weeks or until you see GREEN new fan leaves and the 1-5-5 every 7-10 days therafter and you will get plenty of dro to blow come november
you aint gonna make the yellow leaves go green but your new fans will come as it continues to enjoy the sunshine
you might wanna grab a bag of perlite to mix in with the soil as well, if it isnt already in there, better drainage is crucial

but over all , it looks like these girls are gonna run outta steam or be choked out by those nute sticks before you get to the finish line
imho

Latest posts

Latest posts