What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

east coast growers thread

Question ? Prob best answered in this thread. I need to add a cbd flower to the line up for a true medical patient. ( don't get many )
Before I dig into cbd seeds without testing labs how would I be able to tell I have a cbd rich pheno.
I finished up a sage seed that I germed for the hell of it. Plant was pretty and frosty but lacked a strong odor. It dryed up enough to smoke the other night and while I wasn't feeling to blasted. I was quite relaxed and pain free. Got me to thinking if it was cbd rich and then I get a cbd request later

Thats a hard call, its tuff to trust it for someones medical needs without lab data. Ive been reccomending a very reliable CBD oil available online from CO. (Not sure if its cool to name the company or not on here), then desolving shatter or clean sift to get you THC ratio. Its really way more variable than there should be but you can be pretty accurate if you use the same sift every time. The best part is you can choose to decarb the sift or leave it raw to keep the THC in acid form to avoid the high, but still get all the benefits of the ratio effect.)

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
there are some field tests out there that can at least identify what range of CBD concentration your plant has.

the company i have heard recommended is CBscientific.

no personal experience with them tho.

my buddy found a very nice 1.5:1 pheno in sincity's thunderstruck (acdc s1). we almost lost it but i managed to root a twig from late flower and it's revegging now. our first batch tested at 15% cbd.

1389307_1643420612601224_382112609_n.jpg

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanx Guys :biggrin: :tiphat:

but next trim isn't due untill the first week in Dec at the earliest :shucks:

Nov , is gonna be a long ass month !!! head stash is almost gone & the custys are drooling for more , but it is what it is ..... :dunno:

outa reps already today , hit you guys later :tiphat:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chaco's Nev Haze cut was the shit.
I miss that bitch, only backed her up with 1 dude when I had her years back, he fell off the map.
I have zero idea who has her, if anybody.
But I'm curious too.

soserthc1

@heady blunts that might be the ticket appreciate the response.
Does anyone circulate a cbd clone (I'm thinking possible a acdc )

@dansbuds feel ya stash is dwindling down and nothing past 45 days and I'm def not cutting a damn thing early anymore. Time to hit the pavement and more than likely end up with some over priced sour d from your area.
Used to have a on point fill in but alas all good things come to a end

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
ACDC is around. so is sour tsunami. seen some beantown guys with cannatonic. haven't heard of anyone holding some of the newer stuff like suzy q or frank's gift yet.

...sorry accidently hit post. I dont have any direct experience with the CB scientific. But i though even they were kind of pushing it as a "first step" sorta test to say either , yes this is high THC or yes this is high CBD, but nothing exact. Still Really cool if it saves you growing out somethinh you think is high CBD when it isnt.

SourDank

Veteran
What I would give for a dank Nevilles Haze cut...if there weren't so many bad reports on the current stock I'd definitely give them a go. But 14-18 weeks for potentially a shitload of hay, can't be doing that. Although I have some N.Haze x A11 and CBH x A5/Thai in the vault that will hopefully fit the need :) wish I had the time/space to pheno hunt some haze right now...but soon

those clones have roots that will reach coast to coast I bet! such quality clones im sure plenty of crazy crosses down the line

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
What I would give for a dank Nevilles Haze cut...if there weren't so many bad reports on the current stock I'd definitely give them a go. But 14-18 weeks for potentially a shitload of hay, can't be doing that. Although I have some N.Haze x A11 and CBH x A5/Thai in the vault that will hopefully fit the need :) wish I had the time/space to pheno hunt some haze right now...but soon

oh shit really? when does that stock start? i got a pack at the beginning of the year to keep in the vault in a moment of nostalgia for those pics of chaco's nev haze monsters.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Question ? Prob best answered in this thread. I need to add a cbd flower to the line up for a true medical patient. ( don't get many )
Before I dig into cbd seeds without testing labs how would I be able to tell I have a cbd rich pheno.
I finished up a sage seed that I germed for the hell of it. Plant was pretty and frosty but lacked a strong odor. It dryed up enough to smoke the other night and while I wasn't feeling to blasted. I was quite relaxed and pain free. Got me to thinking if it was cbd rich and then I get a cbd request later

Without a lab, I would venture a guess that strains high in CBD and low in THC, wouldn't give much of a "high" like your used to. Or even strains with a 1:1 ratio will not deliver an experience your used to.

I say this, because I grew 2 strains from Barney's Farm, that were supposed high CBD strains. CBD Critical Cure, and CBD Blue Shark. Both didn't give much of a "high", and I figured that was a result of CBD values being equal, or higher than the THC value. No science, just observation.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Without a lab, I would venture a guess that strains high in CBD and low in THC, wouldn't give much of a "high" like your used to. Or even strains with a 1:1 ratio will not deliver an experience your used to.

I say this, because I grew 2 strains from Barney's Farm, that were supposed high CBD strains. CBD Critical Cure, and CBD Blue Shark. Both didn't give much of a "high", and I figured that was a result of CBD values being equal, or higher than the THC value. No science, just observation.

I agree 100% with that theory.Thats how I smoke tested my Har-bx.
I know if I lab tested my Harlequin grow the Cbd % would be off the charts.
If you get a CBD cut you should still test it out anyways just to make sure,So you may as well pop some Beans and test.:)

Last edited:
Figured I will add my little grow to the topic. East Coast repping. It is a huge difference in size from my organic side VS the coco hempy side. Bud shots of last grows Cheese and Skywalker Kush.

Attachments

• DSC_0344.jpg
    DSC_0344.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0415.jpg
    DSC_0415.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0416.jpg
    DSC_0416.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 13
  • ART_1444412639253.jpeg
    ART_1444412639253.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 13
Figured I will add my little grow to the topic. East Coast repping. It is a huge difference in size from my organic side VS the coco hempy side. Bud shots of last grows Cheese and Skywalker Kush.
Lookin good! Im transitioning over to coco for the winter so im looking forward to a little extra flower. what size pot are flowering in?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran

I agree 100% with that theory.Thats how I smoke tested my Har-bx.
I know if I lab tested my Harlequin grow the Cbd % would be off the charts.
If you get a CBD cut you should still test it out anyways just to make sure,So you may as well pop some Beans and test.:)

i only agree with that when it's frosty as fuck.

if it's some ~10% total cannabinoids shit and it doesn't get you high it might just be shwag.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin good! Im transitioning over to coco for the winter so im looking forward to a little extra flower. what size pot are flowering in?

unless your plan is to grow 2lb trees , 3 gallons of coco is plenty for indoor plants . i've gotten half pounders from 3 gallon pots of straight coco .

SourDank

Veteran
oh shit really? when does that stock start? i got a pack at the beginning of the year to keep in the vault in a moment of nostalgia for those pics of chaco's nev haze monsters.

I think you were asking when I'm gonna start them? If not please correct me bro, but I'd say I'll get to one of the packs in the next 3-4 months. Gotta finish my current seed hunt of a shitload of different strains and then I can do it.

I lost all my moms over the summer in an unfortunate situation :( so I had to start from scratch. Right now I'm pheno hunting

303 - Jabberwocky
Bodhi - Skunk Va x G13/HP
Bodhi - SSH x A11
Greenpoint - 92 OG x Stardawg
Greenpoint - GG4 x Stardawg
Exotic - Mint Chocolate Chip
Franchise - Alien FPOG
Franchise - Alien Blue Dot
Clone - GG4
Clone - Hells Angels OG
Clone - Stardawg(Kate Upton from GDL)

Even though they're clones, it's my first run of all of them, the top 4 are flowering, the next 4 are being put in today and tomorrow, and the gg4 is in and the HA and SD go in tomorrow with the other seeds. Needless to say, there will be much dank in my future (hopefully!!!)